• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America will still be White Supremacy with a Tan

lol...we'll neve have to worry about who will be the Republicans "favored minority." That writing is etched on the wall in the same acid currently eating the brains of the moronic white Right.
...irish americans?

I buy this.

After all, it's so obvious. You almost have to ask, Who can't?

That's such a great idea. It's like...you can make everything that is wrong whitey's fault, even if it's not whitey doing it, no matter what! Down with whitey!

You don't think a solution is for everyone, and I mean everyone, to just not care about skin color?

How childish. What kind of bs is it to pretend wishful thinking makes a problem go away? Racism is a real problem. It is addressed for the betterment of society. Pretending it doesn't exist, or that wishful thinking changes the world, is of no use to anyone and does, in fact, serve to perpetuate injustice.

So one either decides to address racism or one joins the racists.

That's such a great idea. It's like...you can make everything that is wrong whitey's fault, even if it's not whitey doing it, no matter what! Down with whitey!
Who lynched blacks? Greenies?

I buy this.

I hope not. The left may prefer to have actual solutions rather just plain bigotry for public policies.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

As long as "diversity" and "inclusion" is mandated or forced even in private enterprise without mandate, there will be no equality. People who are propped up based on race or identity aren't equal, they're slaves.

I buy this.

The majority in question is power, not population. White people will remain a power majority long after they become a population minority because power and wealth is concentrated in the top 5%, which is mostly white and will remain so after population changes.

Power will filter down to the middle class and a greater proportion of black people will join the upper class. That will take generations longer than a demographic change.

The danger is that too much power and wealth becomes concentrated in too few hands. This is different than 10% of the people owning most of the wealth today. Those 10% have presumably worked for it over generations. There's merit. However, when that 10% is effectively arbitrary and highly visible, social unrest gets serious.

We need the power and wealth of America to become brown. The population majority becoming brown doesn't really change anything socially. As in South Africa's history, a tiny population minority can be the power majority.
100% of everyone is racist. Some people recognize and take action to be anti-racist. But make no mistake, everyone is racist. That’s why “not being racist” isn’t good enough.

100% of everyone is racist. Some people recognize and take action to be anti-racist. But make no mistake, everyone is racist. That’s why “not being racist” isn’t good enough.

That's a bit much. Everyone is subject to thousands of years of social programming that's ingrained in our culture and even language. When someone decides people are people, that mountain of social pressures does not instantly dissolve. Throughout our lives we try to shake off vestiges of garbage, bigotries, we never asked for.

I buy this.

Still slurping up that CNN effluvia, eh?

Minorities have the same opportunities in this country that white people have. Nobody can make anyone take them.
Awwwwww he thinks the world is a fair and just place. That's adorable.

You have a vivid imagination.

How do you measure "same opportunities?"

Because LMAO if your answer is "well technically a black person can get any job that a white person can get, therefore opportunity is equal."

Hispanics are whites.

So are Arabs and Afghans.

How do you measure "same opportunities?"

Because LMAO if your answer is "well technically a black person can get any job that a white person can get, therefore opportunity is equal."

Good question. Why don't you ask the people claiming that minorities don't have the same opportunities. I have yet to learn of an opportunity from which anyone is excluded on the basis of being a member of a certain minority, except for admission to certain colleges for certain individuals due to the fact that they are Asian, and perhaps white.

Good question.
So at first you appear to dodge...

Why don't you ask the people claiming that minorities don't have the same opportunities. I have yet to learn of an opportunity from which anyone is excluded on the basis of being a member of a certain minority, except for admission to certain colleges for certain individuals due to the fact that they are Asian, and perhaps white.
And then seem to admit that yes, actually, this is your interpretation of "opportunity."

Let's talk about a hypothetical then. Let's say there's a job that anyone can apply for, regardless of skin color. However, when the job applications come through an individual candidate is less likely to be called for an interview if their name is a "black name" like Jamal, versus a less-racially-identifying name like Mike. Note that I said less likely, not never. So, does Mike have the same opportunity here as Jamal?

So at first you appear to dodge...

And then seem to admit that yes, actually, this is your interpretation of "opportunity."

Let's talk about a hypothetical then. Let's say there's a job that anyone can apply for, regardless of skin color. However, when the job applications come through an individual candidate is less likely to be called for an interview if their name is a "black name" like Jamal, versus a less-racially-identifying name like Mike. Note that I said less likely, not never. So, does Mike have the same opportunity here as Jamal?
That is your opinion. Facts are facts and the facts are that affirmative action lowering the standards for admittance to collleges and jobs hasn't worked. Those students more often flunk out of the top schools because they were not qualified, same happens in many jobs if the applicants were given preferential hires because ultimately they could not do the job.

Back
Top Bottom