• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America will still be White Supremacy with a Tan

I mean its true, look at all the Black actors, comedians, sports players, politicians, CEO's, entrepreneur's, doctors, nurses. what percentage of the population is Black again?

You don't know that and you're sure there's plenty of wealthy and powerful black people by your estimation. But hold on. What if there's way too few?

You don't know that but you're sure there's plenty of wealthy and powerful black people by your estimation. But hold on. What if there's way too few?
then we look to see where the affected populations are centered , if they are, and discuss to see if there is relevance.

I mean its true, look at all the Black actors, comedians, sports players, politicians, CEO's, entrepreneur's, doctors, nurses. what percentage of the population is Black again?
You mean the people Laura Ingraham told to "shut up and dribble?"

then we look to see where the affected populations are centered , if they are, and discuss to see if there is relevance.

The fact is black people are disproportionately underrepresented in wealth and power. And we're not only talking about America. Context is global.

Here in America, black people were reduced to 0% of wealth and power by slavery. Then generations of Jim Crow and segregation, and injustice continues today. From housing to employment to the justice system to intergenerational wealth, black people do not have equal opportunity in America. About 13% of the population, black people have perhaps 3% of the wealth and power. They have achieved this despite a 100% death tax and generations of oppression.

Do you have a reason that black people, as a whole, should not perform equally to white people? I figure they do. But we have this disproportionate reality. Now, you could try to blame black people. You could, having decried anthropology, claim to be an anthropologist and lecture us about "culture". But hate website "black culture" bs ain't gonna impress me.

The reason black people are 13% of the population and 3% of the power is racism.

13% of wealth and power is justice. We've a long way to go.

The fact is black people are disproportionately underrepresented in wealth and power. And we're not only talking about America. Context is global.
Here in America, black people were reduced to 0% of wealth and power by slavery. Then generations of Jim Crow and segregation, and injustice continues today. From housing to employment to the justice system to intergenerational wealth, black people do not have equal opportunity in America. About 13% of the population, black people have perhaps 3% of the wealth and power. They have achieved this despite a 100% death tax and generations of oppression.

Do you have a reason that black people, as a whole, should not perform equally to white people? I figure they do. But we have this disproportionate reality. Now, you could try to blame black people. You could, having decried anthropology, claim to be an anthropologist and lecture us about "culture". But hate website "black culture" bs ain't gonna impress me.

The reason black people are 13% of the population and 3% of the power is racism.

nope, not getting on board the guilty for your ancestors train. not happening. that is not justice, that is vengeance and it will never end.

to be wealthy you have to do something like one of the people I denoted. you can't just sit on your ass and have america make you wealthy, sorry but no one is allowed that... at least no one that wasn't born into wealth. Now, you want to go after that issue, fine you take it up with the rich bastards, not me, mr. middle class. and if there is a righteous bone in your body you would do that for ALL who are impoverished.

we certainly are not responsible for other countries, I'm afraid and it is definitely not our responsibility to make up for their past sins.

the pendulum either swings to the middle and stays there , or it swings back and forth forever. your choice.

That's a bit much. Everyone is subject to thousands of years of social programming that's ingrained in our culture and even language. When someone decides people are people, that mountain of social pressures does not instantly dissolve. Throughout our lives we try to shake off vestiges of garbage, bigotries, we never asked for.

You didn't have to ask for them. The prejudices and biases you carry around everyday are there because you believe in them. The poster you responded to was right, everyone is a racist to some degree or another.

nope, not getting on board the guilty for your ancestors train. not happening. that is not justice, that is vengeance and it will never end.
Grieve.
to be wealthy you have to do something like one of the people I denoted. you can't just sit on your ass and have america make you wealthy, sorry but no one is allowed that... at least no one that wasn't born into wealth.
And, that someone is usually lily white.

You didn't have to ask for them. The prejudices and biases you carry around everyday are there because you believe in them.

What stupid accusation. I can't wave a wand and there's no more racism in our culture and language.

What stupid accusation. I can't wave a wand and there's no more racism in our culture and language.
Why would one not wave what's so productive?

You lose. I read the whole thing. The author is allowing the "white supremacy" myth cloud his judgement.
Kudos. I don't doubt the sincerity of the majority of conservatives who post on this and other forums who refuse to acknowledge systemic racism and/or believe the huge discrepancies in health, income, housing, etc are simply the result of blacks not taking advantage of what every white guy can take advantage of. Many conservatives have thought blacks have nothing to blame for their situation but themselves and their, 'black culture' for a hundred years or more. People who believe this kind of thing have little or no interaction with, or have black friends, unless of course they're a rare black conservative.

An interesting article about an interesting juxtaposition, our first black president immediately followed by the most blatantly racist president since Wilson...

That's a bit much. Everyone is subject to thousands of years of social programming that's ingrained in our culture and even language. When someone decides people are people, that mountain of social pressures does not instantly dissolve. Throughout our lives we try to shake off vestiges of garbage, bigotries, we never asked for.
All people have some degree of racism because there are different races. I want the best for my group. We need people to understand that on a societal level racism is actually harmful to everyone. It creates more problems than it solves.

I was picturing South Africa too. If they overturn Roe and attempt to federally ban abortion, wealthier white woman can and will travel to get safe abortions. It’s obvious poor and minority women will be at risk of infection, dying, and legal ramifications.
the chance of there being a federal ban on abortion is less than 2%. If Roe is overturned, most states will still have legal abortion. Some won't. All the blue states will as well as some of the purple states

Kudos. I don't doubt the sincerity of the majority of conservatives who post on this and other forums who refuse to acknowledge systemic racism and/or believe the huge discrepancies in health, income, housing, etc are simply the result of blacks not taking advantage of what every white guy can take advantage of. Many conservatives have thought blacks have nothing to blame for their situation but themselves and their, 'black culture' for a hundred years or more. People who believe this kind of thing have little or no interaction with, or have black friends, unless of course they're a rare black conservative.

An interesting article about an interesting juxtaposition, our first black president immediately followed by the most blatantly racist president since Wilson...
I am sorry, I feel there are far too many success stories amongst blacks and other POCs to assert systematic racism is a major factor. The "just because I'm black" excuse it a cop-out.

what caused blacks to become slaves? you think blacks should have 13% of the wealth and power. what groups are overrepresented in wealth and power? you refused to answer this question before. we know that certain groups have far more wealth and power than their percentage of the population. So what groups do you want to diminish the power of-and the wealth of.

the chance of there being a federal ban on abortion is less than 2%. If Roe is overturned, most states will still have legal abortion. Some won't. All the blue states will as well as some of the purple states
If pro lifers really think abortion is genocide and worse then slavery, they will fight to have to federally outlawed.

So at first you appear to dodge...

And then seem to admit that yes, actually, this is your interpretation of "opportunity."

Let's talk about a hypothetical then. Let's say there's a job that anyone can apply for, regardless of skin color. However, when the job applications come through an individual candidate is less likely to be called for an interview if their name is a "black name" like Jamal, versus a less-racially-identifying name like Mike. Note that I said less likely, not never. So, does Mike have the same opportunity here as Jamal?

Are the applicants with "white-sounding" names 9 times more likely to get a call back, or 9% more likely?

Are the applicants with "white-sounding" names 9 times more likely to get a call back, or 9% more likely?

Does that matter? Is either equal?

I buy this.

After all, it's so obvious. You almost have to ask, Who can't?

Yeah you'll buy anything that says everything that wrong is because of Racism ....

"White Supremacy" with a "TAN" .... You are getting pretty Desperate these days !

You know that America was designed to let EVERYONE succeed the the best of there abilities ! Not that all must be the same!
So if any one Group is good at something, in America, that Group will and should be the dominate force/leaders in that field !

Now if YOU don't like our "MERIT BASED SOCIETY" you are free to leave! And you know what !!! Since you Hate White People so much , you can go to a Country that DOES NOT HAVE WHITE PEOPLE !!!.... There is no Law Stopping you from living a non White country !
Merry Christmas!

"White supremacy" is on the wane.

"Tan supremacy" is on the rise.

Will that mean that finally there will be fewer robbers, sucker punchers, looters, rapists, & murderers?

I think that I know the answer.

Back
Top Bottom