• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America vs China Rap War Brewing

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
US rapper Lil Pump has triggered an uproar in China after posting a video of a song containing racially offensive lyrics and a squinty-eye gesture, inspiring Chinese rap artists to fire back with "diss tracks".

The 18-year-old Colombian-American rapper, whose real name is Gazzy Garcia, posted the song on his Instagram account on Monday, drawing more than four million views and a slew of angry comments, many written in Chinese.

Representing America, Lil Pump

AN66SAwSSXlcFIBwSAXD0At2K4AUx51Y1KjgEtTf6w=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

While pulling the corner of his eyes, Lil Pump mentioned China's retired NBA legend Yao Ming and used a racial slur that mocks the way Chinese people talk: "They call me Yao Ming 'cause my eyes real low (Ching Chong)".

The song, "Butterfly Doors", prompted Chinese rapper Li Yijie -- whose stage name is Pissy -- to hit back with a diss track titled "Fxxx Lil Pump".

Pissy, of Sichuan hip-hop group CD Rev -- or Chengdu Revolution -- told AFP he had "to take action if he humiliated me, a Chinese citizen, in a rapper's way that we both understand".

His lyrics go: "The fact is you and white racists the same/Respect yourself, you've suffered the pain / You don't know anything bout the history / Cuz you a nation of immigrants, and if you really won't take it serious. Check it out on those Indians."

Repping China, Pissy

_90617147_p043cyx1.jpg

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/lil-pump-angers-china-racially-offensive-song-130657411.html

Who will soon the not very important rap war, America or China? Should Trump intervene for peace?

Who will soon the not very important rap war, America or China? Should Trump intervene for peace?
What?

I have a feeling my answer is going to be "who cares," but before offering it I should at least know what the question is.

What?

I have a feeling my answer is going to be "who cares," but before offering it I should at least know what the question is.

My phone has been acting weird lately, auto correcting words it shouldn't. The question should of read, 'who will win the not very important rap war, America or China?'

But if you got beef, we can start our own rap war Lil Xelor. I'll freestyle rap battle you bruh. (Kidding)

My phone has been acting weird lately, auto correcting words it shouldn't. The question should of read, 'who will win the not very important rap war, America or China?'

But if you got beef, we can start our own rap war Lil Xelor. I'll freestyle rap battle you bruh. (Kidding)

Red:
LOL

TY for noting that.

In USA we say we know we're not perfect so we commonly settle for the good instead. In China and always in China they are certain they are perfect and the originator of all things good in the world. This is the fundamental difference between America the diverse nation of immigrants and China the monolith of culture, society, civilization that has voluntarily closed itself to the world except most recently and to some limited extent in economics only.

Gwei lo or gwai lou is a common Cantonese slang term for Westerners. In its unmodified form, it refers to light skinned people of European descent and has a history of racially deprecatory use. Cantonese speakers frequently use gwailou to refer to Westerners in general use, in a non-derogatory context, although whether this type of usage is offensive is disputed by both Cantonese and Westerners alike.[1][2]

Gwái (鬼) means "ghost", and lóu (佬) means "man". The term gwáilóu therefore literally means "ghostly man",[3] and is sometimes translated into English as "foreign devil".[4] In Chinese, "ghost" can be a derogatory term used as a curse or an insult.[5] The term ghost has also been used to describe other ethnic groups, for example, a 17th-century writer from Canton Qu Dajun wrote that Africans "look like ghosts", and gwáinòu (Chinese: 鬼奴; literally: "ghost slave") was once used to describe African slaves.[6]

Guizi (鬼子; pinyin: guǐzi) is a Mandarin Chinese slang term for foreigners, and has a long history of being used as a racially deprecating insult.

Laowai (老外; pinyin: lǎowài; literally: "old foreigner/outsider"), is the word most commonly used for foreigners, and is a less pejorative term than guizi. Although laowai literally means "old foreigner", but depending on context, "old" can be both a term of endearment and one of criticism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo

These days younger Chinese call a foreigner they accept as "uncle." In their totality the Chinese people like Americans, accept us eagerly and seek us out consistently. Americans on the other hand can be fascinated by the eternal China while not being much interested in the Chinese themselves who are after all boring and predictable.

Back
Top Bottom