• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America that no longer exists.

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Some photos of America, which admired the world: 1) Catafalque of Abraham Lincoln, 1865.
2.jpg

2)Henry Ford (founder of Ford Motor Co.), Thomas Edison (inventor of the phonograph, cameras and lights), Warren G. Harding (29th President of the United States) and Harvey Samuel Fairstoun (founder of the Firestone Tire and Rubber Co.) Resting together
14.jpg

3) In 1955, Marilyn Monroe left the film studio Twentieth Century Fox, to move on to other projects. Marilyn put it, she was no longer "just a dumb blonde." It was a real renegade in the world of Hollywood. Photo taken in hotel - "Ambassador".
6.jpg

4)Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' roll in while serving in the U.S. Army
124.jpg

5)Saturn V under construction in assembly plants Michoud. All shuttles used on lunar missions (Apollo 14-16). 1968
17.jpg

It is a pity that the restriction of 5 photos. After all, this is the real America - Harley Davidson, Clint Eastwood, "corvette", "Apollo", Martin Luther King ..... pink Cadillac 50's ..... - Instead of homosexual marriages. And what you get bored?

I don't know. Something about how it's all the gays' fault. And how some famous blonde who slept with a married man and some weird drug addicted rock and roll singer are to be admired instead. :lamo

* Laughs * I guess you would not mind if some famous blonde slept with a married woman.

Where are the pictures of women getting paid less than men? Where is the picture of Alan Turing, who killed himself because he feared being outed as gay? Where is the picture of the black men being lynched by whites? Where are the pictures from the dust bowl?

Heck, how about pictures of some fine actors and actresses from today? Brad Pitt, Robin Weigart, Dame Helen Mirren... so many more!

There is no "perfect" era of American history; but thank goodness our country continues to improve itself with every decade, in the area of women's rights, civil rights, and yes - marriage equality and other things that are blocking discrimination based on sexual orientation. We are slowly getting closer to our true ideals - all created equal.

I am glad the American of the 30s (depression), the 40s (WW II and the dropping of the atom bomb), the 50s (McCarthyism, women pushed back into the house) no longer exists. There were good moments in those decades such as Truman integrating the military service; but there were horrible moments as well.

I like our advances in medical and other technology too.

Not so thrilled with the Patriot act, but the govt has been overbearing in prior generations as well.

We continue to improve, to achieve, and to expand rights to more groups.

Yea for now! and hope tomorrow will be even better!

1) Complex ENIAC was the first in the history of humanity computer. He was able to perform complex calculations and operations thousands of times faster than any other machine
9.jpg

2)Steve Jobs and Bill Gates socialize, 1991
20.jpg

3)Martin Luther King, Jr., before he was imprisoned for "demonstrating without a permit" in Birmingham, Alabama. April 12, 1963.
11.jpg

4)F1 pilot is catapulted at an extremely low altitude. The pilot survived with multiple fractures. 1962.
3.jpg

5)In 1948, opened one of the first McDonald's restaurant
12.png

* Laughs * I guess you would not mind if some famous blonde slept with a married woman.

I believe he did. Didn't Brad Pitt sleep with Mike Tyson's wife?

still not getting Tovarish's point.

Is McDonald's good or bad?

Is he/she saying marriage equality finally coming is awesome like some of the other stuff posted?

What's the big deal about the F1 pilot?

what is the point of this thread? Why am I reading it? Why am I posting on it? what is the meaning of life? oh,that's right - 42.

It is a pity that the restriction of 5 photos. After all, this is the real America - Harley Davidson, Clint Eastwood, "corvette", "Apollo", Martin Luther King ..... pink Cadillac 50's ..... - Instead of homosexual marriages. And what you get bored?

So America ceased to exist because of teh ebbil gayz? It couldn't be because of the hysteria in our politics, the PATRIOT act, or all of the other times we as a nation stood by while Lady Liberty was raped at gunpoint, right?

While we're on the subject of the "real" America -- that would include Jim Crow, sundown towns, church burnings, black men who were hung for the crime of being with white women, McCarthy, the Tuskegee syphilis experiment, other human radiation and toxicological experiments performed by the government ... need I go on?

Yes, the United States has changed dramatically in the past 60 years -- in some ways for the worse, and in some ways for the better. The America of our forefathers was gone by the time the dust settled after the Civil War. By the time our kids are old enough to run for office, it will be a very different country all over again.

1) Complex ENIAC was the first in the history of humanity computer. He was able to perform complex calculations and operations thousands of times faster than any other machine
9.jpg

This isn't true, the Antikythera mechanism dates back to early 1st century BCE.

Computer_graphic_for_front_of_Antikythera_mechanism.jpg

AND it was handheld. :mrgreen:

Where are the pictures of women getting paid less than men? Where is the picture of Alan Turing, who killed himself because he feared being outed as gay? Where is the picture of the black men being lynched by whites? Where are the pictures from the dust bowl?

Heck, how about pictures of some fine actors and actresses from today? Brad Pitt, Robin Weigart, Dame Helen Mirren... so many more!

There is no "perfect" era of American history; but thank goodness our country continues to improve itself with every decade, in the area of women's rights, civil rights, and yes - marriage equality and other things that are blocking discrimination based on sexual orientation. We are slowly getting closer to our true ideals - all created equal.

I am glad the American of the 30s (depression), the 40s (WW II and the dropping of the atom bomb), the 50s (McCarthyism, women pushed back into the house) no longer exists. There were good moments in those decades such as Truman integrating the military service; but there were horrible moments as well.

I like our advances in medical and other technology too.

Not so thrilled with the Patriot act, but the govt has been overbearing in prior generations as well.

We continue to improve, to achieve, and to expand rights to more groups.

Yea for now! and hope tomorrow will be even better!

Everyone knows - the U.S. criminal country. And you're right - telling about the atrocities of America. On Crimes U.S. a lot to say. Starting the genocide of the Indians, ending - Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. And the the persecution of the of honest people for giving information the crimes of the U.S. government. But I wanted to show this part of America, which is loved all over the world. The more the United States can be proud of. I purposely did not speak about the shame of homosexual marriages (the first step on the road to freedom pedophiles, bestiality, and other mentally retarded maniacs)

So America ceased to exist because of teh ebbil gayz? It couldn't be because of the hysteria in our politics, the PATRIOT act, or all of the other times we as a nation stood by while Lady Liberty was raped at gunpoint, right?

While we're on the subject of the "real" America -- that would include Jim Crow, sundown towns, church burnings, black men who were hung for the crime of being with white women, McCarthy, the Tuskegee syphilis experiment, other human radiation and toxicological experiments performed by the government ... need I go on?

Yes, the United States has changed dramatically in the past 60 years -- in some ways for the worse, and in some ways for the better. The America of our forefathers was gone by the time the dust settled after the Civil War. By the time our kids are old enough to run for office, it will be a very different country all over again.

You are right. About the crimes of the United States - known to all. (maybe only some Americans do not know it because of censorship) But I tried to find at least that is good in America.

But I wanted to show this part of America, which is loved all over the world. The more the United States can be proud of. I purposely did not speak about the shame of homosexual marriages (the first step on the road to freedom pedophiles, bestiality, and other mentally retarded maniacs)

See, marriage equality is NOT a shame, and that's why your thread is so ridiculous. Many countries already have it. It's our shame that we weren't the first to move forward in this area, giving this right to lesbians and gays. We let murders in prison marry, but we don't allow same sex marriage?

The fact we are making progress is wonderful; that we weren't first is a shame.

Your list of things you are proud of come from times when we were doing things we shouldn't have been proud of. I don't want to go back to the fifties. If you do, that's your issue.

But apparently you just want a thread where you can rant about gays and lesbians. That's a shame.

You are right. About the crimes of the United States - known to all. (maybe only some Americans do not know it because of censorship) But I tried to find at least that is good in America.

So do I, I'm just not going to remain silent while somebody idealizes the middle of the last century. It was pretty screwed up.

See, marriage equality is NOT a shame, and that's why your thread is so ridiculous. Many countries already have it. It's our shame that we weren't the first to move forward in this area, giving this right to lesbians and gays. We let murders in prison marry, but we don't allow same sex marriage?

The fact we are making progress is wonderful; that we weren't first is a shame.

Your list of things you are proud of come from times when we were doing things we shouldn't have been proud of. I don't want to go back to the fifties. If you do, that's your issue.

But apparently you just want a thread where you can rant about gays and lesbians. That's a shame.

All is not lost. America may be the first to legalize bestiality, for example. Allow marriages bestiality. And proud of it. Can still be the first - to legalize sex with the dead. Without the legalization of all sexual deviations - remain infringed the rights of people. That's a shame.

Is this thread about gay marriage? It's not like this issue is just in the US.

Are the Russians scared that they have dropped from near great to fabulous!

Here are some other pictures from America in the recent past.

Barry_Sandler.jpg

warhol_portrait_1480547c.jpg

04b8c060ada0bf777fecf110.L._V249531842_SX200_.jpg

romero.jpg

geffen.r.jpg

1) Complex ENIAC was the first in the history of humanity computer. He was able to perform complex calculations and operations thousands of times faster than any other machine.

And millions of times faster than a homosexual!!

2)Steve Jobs and Bill Gates socialize, 1991

Note that they are NOT sucking each others' dick!!!!

3)Martin Luther King, Jr., before he was imprisoned for "demonstrating without a permit" in Birmingham, Alabama. April 12, 1963.

Married to Coretta Scott, a WOMAN, on June 18, 1953!!!

4)F1 pilot is catapulted at an extremely low altitude. The pilot survived with multiple fractures. 1962.

U.S. military well known for it's exclusion of homosexuals from the ranks!!!!

5)In 1948, opened one of the first McDonald's restaurant

This doesn't really fit the theme.

From what I've read on the Internet Ronald McDonald gets into all kinds of kinky business. Women, men, children, animals, bondage, scheisse videos, the rusty trombone, buttseks, you name it.

Back to the drawing board here.

p1494.jpg

Court1962.jpg

large.jpg

001adfd2.jpg

Some things we all miss, others we are better off that they are gone forever.

1) Boeing B-29 Superfortress named "Enola Gay" was the one bomber that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan during World War II. It was the first plane that dropped the atomic bomb as a weapon.
5.png

2)The shooting of the legendary movie "Star Wars" spaceship inside Millenium Falcon:
8.jpg

3) First team Google in 1999:
11.jpg

4) A ticket to the cruise liner Titanic:
19.jpg

5) The movie is a legend. 1966.
196_v1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom