• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America playing defense

Who is on the run in war with Al Qaeda

• America is on the run

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Al Qaeda is on the run

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Obama got reelected saying how he had decimated Al Qaeda and they were "on the run". Now we evacuate embassies all over the Arab world and leave with our tail between our legs as Al Qaeda stages prison breaks all over the Arab world freeing there most hardened terrorist by the hundreds. Who's on the run again?

On the whole, I would say that Al Qaeda and the other jihadi terrorists are still pretty much on the losing side. But this conflict will last many more decades.

On the whole, I would say that Al Qaeda and the other jihadi terrorists are still pretty much on the losing side. But this conflict will last many more decades.
Losing side? What do they have to lose? They can do this for eternity, since it is an Eternal Struggle. It's the West that wants peace and quiet, so it can go back to making money and turning the world into one big parking lot.

Obama got reelected saying how he had decimated Al Qaeda and they were "on the run". Now we evacuate embassies all over the Arab world and leave with our tail between our legs as Al Qaeda stages prison breaks all over the Arab world freeing there most hardened terrorist by the hundreds. Who's on the run again?

And if any of those embacies were attacked and people die, you would be complaining about that. Face it, no matter what Obama does, you are going to complain about it.

Losing side? What do they have to lose? They can do this for eternity, since it is an Eternal Struggle. It's the West that wants peace and quiet, so it can go back to making money and turning the world into one big parking lot.

Eternity really is a very long time. The struggle with jihadi terrorism has been going on for only about 35 years. If we manage to keep killing them in sufficient numbers and stop them from gaining more power, they will lose in the end.

Eternity really is a very long time. The struggle with jihadi terrorism has been going on for only about 35 years. If we manage to keep killing them in sufficient numbers and stop them from gaining more power, they will lose in the end.
35 years? That's nonsense. Learn Islam and world history. Thanks a bunch.

35 years? That's nonsense. Learn Islam and world history. Thanks a bunch.

No that is not nonsense. If you can't make the difference between modern day jihadi terrorism and Islam as a religion, then you should learn some history.

And if any of those embacies were attacked and people die, you would be complaining about that. Face it, no matter what Obama does, you are going to complain about it.

Wrong, if Obama had said we will not run and hide from these threats. What we will do is harden the targets and provide the security needed to ensure the safety of our embassies I would applaud him.

Wrong, if Obama had said we will not run and hide from these threats. What we will do is harden the targets and provide the security needed to ensure the safety of our embassies I would applaud him.

Yeah, right :roll: I have some swamp land in the Sahara desert to sell you too.

The right would then complain about spending more money.

No that is not nonsense. If you can't make the difference between modern day jihadi terrorism and Islam as a religion, then you should learn some history.
The distinction is that bombs are being thrown again, not why they are being thrown again. This a war for God, you won't be holding a victory parade any time soon, or at all, ever. As long as the faiths are in fundamental conflict with each other, and they are, people are going to be killed in the names of their gods. This tit for tat has no end since neither side can win and neither side wants to lose.

The distinction is that bombs are being thrown again, not why they are being thrown again. This a war for God, you won't be holding a victory parade any time soon, or at all, ever. As long as the faiths are in fundamental conflict with each other, and they are, people are going to be killed in the names of their gods. This tit for tat has no end since neither side can win and neither side wants to lose.

It seems to escape you that the vast majority of people being killied by jihadi terrorists are other muslims.

Heya TNA. :2wave: So you think an Administration should over-react to what they are calling Chatter? With no Specific threats? Why should we close down for business? What has changed in Yemen from this last year, with regards to AQ?

Yes it would be unfortunate if those Embassies or our people got hit. But now who do you think has control of this situation? If you are thinking it is us. Then you are mistaken.

Heya TNA. :2wave: So you think an Administration should over-react to what they are calling Chatter? With no Specific threats? Why should we close down for business? What has changed in Yemen from this last year, with regards to AQ?

Yes it would be unfortunate if those Embassies or our people got hit. But now who do you think has control of this situation? If you are thinking it is us. Then you are mistaken.

I think the U.S. should hardline EVERY single embacy to the teeth with security and weapons or close them down. Embacies are considered U.S. soil, we have the military and defenses in the U.S. against attacks. Why shouldn't embacies have the same.

It seems to escape you that the vast majority of people being killied by jihadi terrorists are other muslims.

Heya AV. :2wave: Did you forget about the Division between the Shia and the Sunni? Do you think that might also have something to do with other Muslims being killed?

Are you aware that the Sunni Arabs want a Untied Islamic States, now. Not a Caliphate. Course that's the Shia's fantasy dream. Now the Sunni.....they are bit more devious with their political strategies. Since they will use Democracy and the feigning of the Election process.

Heya AV. :2wave: Did you forget about the Division between the Shia and the Sunni? Do you think that might also have something to do with other Muslims being killed?

Are you aware that the Sunni Arabs want a Untied Islamic States, now. Not a Caliphate. Course that's the Shia's fantasy dream. Now the Sunni.....they are bit more devious with their political strategies. Since they will use Democracy and the feigning of the Election process.

The Caliphate was historically very much a Sunni institution. Jihadi terrorists are to be found in most strands of Islam and jihadi terrorists of sunni-persuasion also mostly kill other sunni's.

Then you have nothing to worry about right? And no, it didn't escape me because it is irrelevant to the current situation. We aren't killing them to stop them from killing each other now are we? The fact that they are fighting within the faith changes nothing at all as far as we are concerned. We are still the ultimate enemy even if they are killing each other along the way for the privilege of being the one to kill us.

Embacies [sic] are considered U.S. soil...
Yes they are but that is a legal status not reality. If the only way for us to be in a country is to build a prison and live inside it, we have no business being there.

I think the U.S. should hardline EVERY single embacy to the teeth with security and weapons or close them down. Embacies are considered U.S. soil, we have the military and defenses in the U.S. against attacks. Why shouldn't embacies have the same.

Here is the thing.....Team Obama has now given AQ control over this situation.

As it should have been what you stated. Beef up security and stay on point. But don't close down for Business. Harden what needs to be hardened. Issue out the Global Travel Alert for our people to be aware of, and continue to conduct Business as usual.

Now if any want to talk about closing down an Embassy for good. That Would be an idea to entertain. But that wouldn't be relevant to this situation.

Tell me how it looks for the US to close down All our Embassies all throughout the Middle East and Africa? Does this make us look strong or that we are holding our own against these people?

The Caliphate was historically very much a Sunni institution. Jihadi terrorists are to be found in most strands of Islam and jihadi terrorists of sunni-persuasion also mostly kill other sunni's.

Yes, that was the way it was. But not since the 50s and the Advent of the MB. With regards to the Sunni.

Also here is another thing......Sunni killing Shia and vice versa are not Jihadi Terrorists. They may be radicals.....but this is not some minority in either group.

Yes they are but that is a legal status not reality. If the only way for us to be in a country is to build a prison and live inside it, we have no business being there.

Like I said, I'm for either having them armed to the teeth or gone.

Tell me how it looks for the US to close down All our Embassies all throughout the Middle East and Africa? Does this make us look strong or that we are holding our own against these people?

My guess is the threat was against U.S. embacies as a whole, not specific ones. Therefore, any embacy is a target and since there is no way to harden all of them (the government simply won't do that) they should be closed as they are.

Tell me how would it look if Al-Q were to attack another embacy and inflict loss of lives again for the U.S.?

My guess is the threat was against U.S. embacies as a whole, not specific ones. Therefore, any embacy is a target and since there is no way to harden all of them (the government simply won't do that) they should be closed as they are.

Tell me how would it look if Al-Q were to attack another embacy and inflict loss of lives again for the U.S.?

Well.....if we go by what they are calling the Chatter. The know for sure that the communication was to AQ in Yemen with the back and forth calls. Hence all the Drone attacks we have hit them with in the last 2 days. Which in return they shot down a helicopter. So we know where the Sweet Center of the Fig Newton is at the moment.

Truly it is damn if you do or damn if you don't. Due to the way we are fighting this alleged war on terror. Course with doing what you stated. We also could have sent out some Daniel Boone missions in several Countries. Killing any AQ ops and their likes. Which should also include any MB as well as any Sunni and Shia Clerics. Which even if they are not Senior Ops AQ.....say just their followers. Then we take them down. Like in each of those Countries they are in. Strike all at once. So all AQ can do is stand there with their mouths open.

Do you think that makes a Point to AQ and their Pals.

Now.....tell me what it will look like should we get hit or our people get taken. After closing All these Embassies?

Well.....if we go by what they are calling the Chatter. The know for sure that the communication was to AQ in Yemen with the back and forth calls. Hence all the Drone attacks we have hit them with in the last 2 days. Which in return they shot down a helicopter. So we know where the Sweet Center of the Fig Newton is at the moment.

Not necessarily the sweet spot though, OBL was giving orders from Pakistan yet it's clear Yemen and Africa are hot spots.

Truly it is damn if you do or damn if you don't. Due to the way we are fighting this alleged war on terror. Course with doing what you stated. We also could have sent out some Daniel Boone missions in several Countries. Killing any AQ ops and their likes. Which should also include any MB as well as any Sunni and Shia Clerics. Which even if they are not Senior Ops AQ.....say just their followers. Then we take them down. Like in each of those Countries they are in. Strike all at once. So all AQ can do is stand there with their mouths open.

Do you think that makes a Point to AQ and their Pals.

Now.....tell me what it will look like should we get hit or our people get taken. After closing All these Embassies?

My point was we have seen the trouble hitting an embacy does in regards to blaming Obama so this time they are going a different route and closing them. My idea would be to close them permanently, we don't need embacies in political and militant hot spots.

However, we can go back and forth on the what-ifs, but we do know what happens when an embacy gets hit.

Only time will tell if any of the other what-ifs actually happen.

This is where these sorts of analogies become ludicrous. 'Tail between our legs' what are you talking about? We obviously intercepted a severe threat and have acted accordingly. Should we have let a few embassies get blown up to show how bold we are? Moreover barring the deployment of troops to the countries in question we cannot exactly claim responsibility for the security of their prisons. I'm extremely critical of the President's foreign policy but I don't see how anyone could genuinely critique this reaction without knowing much more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom