• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America On Drugs [W:41]

Northern Light

The Light of Truth
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
19 Statistics About The Drugging Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

#1 An astounding 70 million Americans are taking legal mind-altering drugs right now.

#2 According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, doctors wrote more than 250 million prescriptions for antidepressants during 2010.

#3 According to a study conducted by the Mayo Clinic, nearly 70 percent of all Americans are on at least one prescription drug. An astounding 20 percent of all Americans are on at least five prescription drugs.

#4 Americans spent more than 280 billion dollars on prescription drugs during 2013.

#5 According to the CDC, approximately 9 out of every 10 Americans that are at least 60 years old say that they have taken at least one prescription drug within the last month.

#6 There are 60 million Americans that “abuse alcohol”.

#7 According to the Department of Health and Human Services, 22 million Americans use illegal drugs.

#8 Incredibly, more than 11 percent of all Americans that are 12 years of age or older admit that they have driven home under the influence of alcohol at least once during the past year.

#9 According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there is an unintentional drug overdose death in the United States every 19 minutes.

#10 In the United States today, prescription painkillers kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined.

#11 According to the CDC, approximately three quarters of a million people a year are rushed to emergency rooms in the United States because of adverse reactions to pharmaceutical drugs.

#12 According to Alternet, “11 of the 12 new-to-market drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration were priced above $100,000 per-patient per-year” in 2012.

#13 The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.

#14 Many of these antidepressants contain warnings that “suicidal thoughts” are one of the side effects that should be expected. The suicide rate for Americans between the ages of 35 and 64 rose by close to 30 percent between 1999 and 2010. The number of Americans that are killed by suicide now exceeds the number of Americans that die as a result of car accidents every year.

#15 In 2010, the average teen in the United States was taking 1.2 central nervous system drugs. Those are the kinds of drugs which treat conditions such as ADHD and depression.

#16 Children in the United States are three times more likely to be prescribed antidepressants as children in Europe are.

#17 A shocking Government Accountability Office report discovered that approximately one-third of all foster children in the United States are on at least one psychiatric drug.

#18 A survey conducted for the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that more than 15 percent of all U.S. high school seniors abuse prescription drugs.

#19 It turns out that dealing drugs is extremely profitable. The 11 largest pharmaceutical companies combined to rake in approximately $85,000,000,000 in profits in 2012.

Each stat has a credible link in it, if you go to the URL I posted above. (I also wish to distance myself from the author's rant at the URL because it's not as interesting to me as the statistics themselves.)

This got me thinking... could our country's political and economic turmoil somehow be drug related? If so many people are mind altering from legal substances then how can we have a functional polity?

What are your thoughts about this?

Explains all the libtards..

19 Statistics About The Drugging Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

Each stat has a credible link in it, if you go to the URL I posted above. (I also wish to distance myself from the author's rant at the URL because it's not as interesting to me as the statistics themselves.)

This got me thinking... could our country's political and economic turmoil somehow be drug related? If so many people are mind altering from legal substances then how can we have a functional polity?

The mass drugging of children is disgusting and should be illegal.

Really, any non-medical use of drugs should probably be illegal for everyone, but definitely for children.

well mental distress certainly causes turmoil and confusion (see post below)

from the stats it would appear that it is quite easy in many cases to self medicate

I am big on diet...and as people lose the desire for the drugs and adopt healthy life style changes, they find it assists and while it certainly isn't easy, it is certainly preferable and successful

Explains all the libtards..
LOL and then there are those of you who "should" be taking medication...it would take the edge off of your self hate which you project onto what you think is "the other side"

do you...I don't know...I just see your casual but rabid hate of liberals makes you emotional and irrational

but that's okay *shrug* you have to live with yourself...I just have to read you...(occasionally) and it's always the same so I can skip most parts... ;)

Liberals did more than enough to earn peoples hatred.

#4 Americans spent more than 280 billion dollars on prescription drugs during 2013.

That's kind of a useless statistic by itself. What are the most commonly used drugs, which age group is using them and for what, and for how long are they being used.

do you...I don't know...I just see your casual but rabid hate of liberals makes you emotional and irrational

but that's okay *shrug* you have to live with yourself...I just have to read you...(occasionally) and it's always the same so I can skip most parts... ;)

I think it's perfectly rational.. The Orwellian liberal propaganda, their deflection of important issues to nonsense so they can tear us down behind our backs, and the massive amount of people they have brainwashed and indoctrinated is pretty upsetting.. Open your eyes and take a look at what is really going on..

Feel free to put me on ignore..

If you can't see beyond that you should be medicated which is the subject of the thread and also nicely displays why people are so "f"ed up

hate and narrow thinking...life is short get over yourself

No, there is nothing narrow minded about it. They have earned hatred because they always use government force to push their mindset on the rest of the population.

I also don't' require medication because I hate something. What I require is for the object of my hate to go away.

If you can't see beyond that you should be medicated which is the subject of the thread and also nicely displays why people are so "f"ed up

hate and narrow thinking...life is short get over yourself

Just what the liberals want is to "medicate" and dumb down, numb, the population to make herding their sheep easier..

No need to deal with reality, here, the nanny has something to make you feel all better..

I think it's perfectly rational.. The Orwellian liberal propaganda, their deflection of important issues to nonsense so they can tear us down behind our backs, and the massive amount of people they have brainwashed and indoctrinated is pretty upsetting.. Open your eyes and take a look at what is really going on..

Feel free to put me on ignore..
no reason to put you on ignore...people like you need to be challenged and I think those as far right as you are dangerous so I like you to put your hate for other human beings right out there

it's all good buddy

go take your meds...now get back to the topic if you are able

No, there is nothing narrow minded about it. They have earned hatred because they always use government force to push their mindset on the rest of the population.

I also don't' require medication because I hate something. What I require is for
the object of my hate to go away
hate comes from fear...deal with your fear, and you will be okay...

hate comes from fear...deal with your fear, and you will be okay...

No Yoda, you got your quote wrong.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Anyway, the quote is wrong. There is plenty of ways to hate.

No Yoda, you got your quote wrong.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Anyway, the quote is wrong. There is plenty of ways to hate.
yes well Henrin I didn't get the quote wrong because it wasn't a quote...I am well aware of how the human mind works, so thus I have no need to rely upon a quote

hate comes from fear...

there are pills for that too

yes well Henrin I didn't get the quote wrong because it wasn't a quote...I am well aware of how the human mind works, so thus I have no need to rely upon a quote

hate comes from fear...

there are pills for that too

Lol, you clearly don't know how the mind works if you think every reason for hate comes from fear. I hate statists because they want to take away my freedom and force their values on me.

no reason to put you on ignore...people like you need to be challenged and I think those as far right as you are dangerous so I like you to put your hate for other human beings right out there

it's all good buddy

go take your meds...now get back to the topic if you are able

Dangerous to the shepherds agenda damn straight..
I don't know if I'd consider myself all that "far right" but I am extremely against idification and pussification of the people through propaganda, disinformation, politically correct newspeak, demoralization and on and on and on..

The drugging of America just as described in the OP is just another tool in this vast effort to keep the people down and oblivious so I am perfectly on topic here.

And no BTW I am not medicated in any way shape or form nor have I ever been and do not do drugs..

so you think only libs self medicate correct?

No.. I think the drugging of the people is a tool of control to keep people docile, content, and oblivious to the deception.

Back
Top Bottom