• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America, land of the free. Pro sports owe it all to the country.

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
America is the best place in the world to live. It's the most free, has the most opportunity and offers the most equality. If you have a country that is better please state which it is and why you don't live there.
The audacity of pro athletes, who make outrageous salaries for playing a game because America provides such opportunity, to kneel during the national anthem, to play an alternate anthem and not to stand and honor the country and the sacrifice of those who help provide their opportunities.
I hope the pros are enjoying empty stadiums and right now I hope they stay that way. You insult the country, the flag, the American people and the fans with your actions. There is a better way to get your point across but you seem to be incapable of recognizing it.

We'll see what kind of appetite America has for woke sports.

America is ... the most free, has the most opportunity and offers the most equality.

By no numeric is any of this accurate, just bumper sticker rhetoric someone told you.

America is the best place in the world to live. It's the most free, has the most opportunity and offers the most equality. If you have a country that is better please state which it is and why you don't live there.
The audacity of pro athletes, who make outrageous salaries for playing a game because America provides such opportunity, to kneel during the national anthem, to play an alternate anthem and not to stand and honor the country and the sacrifice of those who help provide their opportunities.
I hope the pros are enjoying empty stadiums and right now I hope they stay that way. You insult the country, the flag, the American people and the fans with your actions. There is a better way to get your point across but you seem to be incapable of recognizing it.

Yes America is a great country in many ways. You get to spout as much ignorance as you want and they get to exercise their rights. No GOVERNMENT interference to either party. You can call the president and malignant narcissist lying SOS scumbag and still no government interference. Wing nuts are all for freedom until they are not.

85fe62eddd794c9e4c80791972ac9a59aa6a37998077b19b20795be7e28f7f08_1.jpg

America is great, in that we have the 1st A - which allows you to spout such nonsense as that I bolded.

There is a large, unsubtle difference between being the best(and I strongly believe the US is the best country in the world), and thinking we are perfect. People working to improve the country are a good thing.

I served this country, I am as patriotic as can be, and I am entirely unbothered by people protesting things they disagree with. And I am entirely unoffended if they want to do it during the playing of the anthem. Those are exactly the freedoms I served to protect.

There is a large, unsubtle difference between being the best(and I strongly believe the US is the best country in the world), and thinking we are perfect. People working to improve the country are a good thing.

I served this country, I am as patriotic as can be, and I am entirely unbothered by people protesting things they disagree with. And I am entirely unoffended if they want to do it during the playing of the anthem. Those are exactly the freedoms I served to protect.

I am completely with you, though I may disagree on what is or is not considered an improvement. I don't care if people burn their own flags, its their property. They can smack talk the country all they want don't care a whit. People should be free to be as stupid as they care to be. If you don't have the freedom to be stupid, then you don't have freedom.

My issue is that I watch football to watch football, and am not really interested in why the players are woke for whatever it is they are woke for. I watch football to avoid that sort of crap. I don't need or want a lecture or the bs that goes with the protesting, much of which is uneducated tomfoolery IMHO. When that starts I tend to turn it off and not go to or watch games. It becomes unfun. I am pretty much of this opinion for all business. I am not boycotting per say, I am just not into the whole in my face protesting and try avoid it where possible. Life can be miserable enough, why add to it?

I guess my issue is there is a time and place for protests. I don't begrudge the right to protest where one feels so long as they are not interfering with other peoples rights such as highway or roadway access. Its just..., its quite tedious with the protests being pushed everywhere and I would like some respite from them. I am not saying that people cant or shouldn't but would rather they consider that perhaps being everywhere is not the good thing they seem to think. Hence time and place. Sports and movies and other entertainment aren't really time or place IMO. This America and here people are free to act as they see fit. Just don't expect me to go along and to not grumble.

I am completely with you, though I may disagree on what is or is not considered an improvement. I don't care if people burn their own flags, its their property. They can smack talk the country all they want don't care a whit. People should be free to be as stupid as they care to be. If you don't have the freedom to be stupid, then you don't have freedom.

My issue is that I watch football to watch football, and am not really interested in why the players are woke for whatever it is they are woke for. I watch football to avoid that sort of crap. I don't need or want a lecture or the bs that goes with the protesting, much of which is uneducated tomfoolery IMHO. When that starts I tend to turn it off and not go to or watch games. It becomes unfun. I am pretty much of this opinion for all business. I am not boycotting per say, I am just not into the whole in my face protesting and try avoid it where possible. Life can be miserable enough, why add to it?

I guess my issue is there is a time and place for protests. I don't begrudge the right to protest where one feels so long as they are not interfering with other peoples rights such as highway or roadway access. Its just..., its quite tedious with the protests being pushed everywhere and I would like some respite from them. I am not saying that people cant or shouldn't but would rather they consider that perhaps being everywhere is not the good thing they seem to think. Hence time and place. Sports and movies and other entertainment aren't really time or place IMO. This America and here people are free to act as they see fit. Just don't expect me to go along and to not grumble.

I do not consider it my place to tell other people when or where to protest. As long as they are peaceful, I got no problem with it, whether they are BLM, the Tea party, or whomever. I do not go around looking for ways to be offended. If an athlete is talking politics, I use the remote to see what is on another channel for the couple minutes, just like a commercial.

I do not consider it my place to tell other people when or where to protest. As long as they are peaceful, I got no problem with it, whether they are BLM, the Tea party, or whomever. I do not go around looking for ways to be offended. If an athlete is talking politics, I use the remote to see what is on another channel for the couple minutes, just like a commercial.

I am not telling people where or when. Just suggesting it might be better to consider such. Nor am I offended. Annoyed, oh yea, very much so. Just consider my post a bunch grumbling about the twits on the boob tube mucking with my football game. Speaking of which, football is back. Go Raiders. I want to try and catch a game in the new stadium see if the Black Hole is still as nuts as the old stadium. :cheers:

I am not telling people where or when. Just suggesting it might be better to consider such. Nor am I offended. Annoyed, oh yea, very much so. Just consider my post a bunch grumbling about the twits on the boob tube mucking with my football game. Speaking of which, football is back. Go Raiders. I want to try and catch a game in the new stadium see if the Black Hole is still as nuts as the old stadium. :cheers:

Football...pfftttt. Hockey is on!!!!!!!

And no worries, you will always be alright in my book, even if you are usually wrong.

Back
Top Bottom