• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America Is Going To Vote by Mail. We're Not Ready.

Do you really think voters aren't capable of filling out a ballot at home (assuming they can master the pen vs ink challenge) and then mail it? States should be preparing which should include drop off locations like states already do.

LOL!!

Actually, I DO think a lot of Americans could have problems filling out a ballot and a lot of Americans could have problems mailing the ballot so it get there in time.

But that's not even the whole problem. I think a lot of states will have problems even getting to ballots to the voters in time...as happened in NY...or legally establish drop off locations...as happened in PA.

And that's just TWO states who aren't prepared for mail in ballots.

LOL!!

Actually, I DO think a lot of Americans could have problems filling out a ballot and a lot of Americans could have problems mailing the ballot so it get there in time.

But that's not even the whole problem. I think a lot of states will have problems even getting to ballots to the voters in time...as happened in NY...or legally establish drop off locations...as happened in PA.

And that's just TWO states who aren't prepared for mail in ballots.

I guess I can see your point given the issues on mail in vs absentee. Pen/ink plus the confusion of pencil/graphite. Those are some serious challenges to learn in a few months.

Every day I'm getting reminders about being sure to mail in early. Our area is offering rides to drop off ballots to help elderly people.

I honestly think all the "it'll never work" is overblown because that's what Trump is selling his base. Funny thing is I'll be voting exactly how I did when I had his name on my ballot. I remember him screaming rigged election back then too. :roll:

I will certainly be voting in person at my assigned voting district. That is the last thing anti-American Democrat filth want.

That is your right. Vote by any legal method available to you.

And thanks to the 19th Am. millions of women will decide this election.

Republicans: We can spend a billion a week on wars.
Also Republicans: We don't have 4 billion so people can vote. Do you think money grows on trees? Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

After four years of that immoral fraudulent scam artist you guys can't even agree how to vote. Imagine after another four years?

Intentional chaos, yes. The GOP has dragged their feet on every aspect of this, to intentionally reduce turnout.

I dont think its intentional. No one predicted the pandemic.

I dont think its intentional. No one predicted the pandemic.

You apparently have forgotten Rahm Emanuel's admission, "never let a crisis go to waste." They may not have predicted the pandemic, but they are certainly taking advantage of it politically by intentionally killing thousands of people (like Governor's Cuomo, Wolf, Murphy, and Newsom) and committing acts of terrorism across the nation to create as much chaos and terror as possible prior to the election.

All of these fascist and unconstitutional orders by leftist Governors and Mayors is intended to create as much hardship as possible on the people so they can try to blame Trump.

Under 18 U.S. Code § 2331(5) the Democratic Party is a domestic terrorist organization and should be treated accordingly. Governor's Cuomo, Wolf, Murphy, and Newsom also need to be put on trial for mass murder. This is the extent the Democratic Party is willing to go, and why they have always been the greatest enemy the US has ever faced.

Not every citizen in the US is in the military you know... :roll:

Yeah, there's something magic about being military that your ballot will be counted but if you lack a DD-214, well you're just SOL.

The USPS delivers over a billion greeting cards in the two weeks before Christmas, so no problem there. They can handle a tenth of that in mail-in ballots. Every state has means and methods to maintain the security of their elections, whether they are by in-person voting or mail-in ballots. This idea that states are completely flummoxed by mail-in ballots is total nonsense.

The important thing for you is to discourage as many voters as possible from voting. We all know it. It is a winning strategy and you should own it, not camouflage it in some "states don't know how to count ballots that arrive in the mail" nonsense. Just say it: "We need to discourage voting anyway possible so we have a chance of winning."

You need much more than that. You need the state legislation to provide the basis for everything done during the state election process.

Look at what happened in PA. There's a thread here about it. Some counties installed drop boxes for people to present their votes if they don't want to send it in the mail. Good idea, right? It is...except PA state law says drop boxes are not allowed. Those counties were breaking their own state laws by doing something necessary for good mail in voting.

You also need laws that establish which ballots will be counted. For example, Colorado closes their in-person polls at 7:30pm on election day. They also require ballots to be in the hands of election officials at 7:30pm. Anyone who comes to the poll after that time doesn't get to vote. And votes that are received through the mail after that time are not counted. That's a state law. How many state legislatures have enacted similar laws? How many states are going to allow someone to show up with boxes of ballots 4 days after the election and then spend the time to count them?

It's not as simple as "A little instruction and some well trained poll workers".

You know none of this is important - unless Trump loses.

If Trump wins, and I believe he will, this will all be forgotten a week after he takes his second oath of office.

You know none of this is important - unless Trump loses.

If Trump wins, and I believe he will, this will all be forgotten a week after he takes his second oath of office.

I don't know any such thing. If anyone is interested in accurate and secure mail-in voting and ballot counting, they will agree that this is very important...no matter who is running for office.

You apparently have forgotten Rahm Emanuel's admission, "never let a crisis go to waste." They may not have predicted the pandemic, but they are certainly taking advantage of it politically by intentionally killing thousands of people (like Governor's Cuomo, Wolf, Murphy, and Newsom) and committing acts of terrorism across the nation to create as much chaos and terror as possible prior to the election.

All of these fascist and unconstitutional orders by leftist Governors and Mayors is intended to create as much hardship as possible on the people so they can try to blame Trump.

Under 18 U.S. Code § 2331(5) the Democratic Party is a domestic terrorist organization and should be treated accordingly. Governor's Cuomo, Wolf, Murphy, and Newsom also need to be put on trial for mass murder. This is the extent the Democratic Party is willing to go, and why they have always been the greatest enemy the US has ever faced.

Spam spam spam

I don't know any such thing. If anyone is interested in accurate and secure mail-in voting and ballot counting, they will agree that this is very important...no matter who is running for office.

Yeah, it will be just like "Lock her up" back in 2016. A series of Attorneys General, new FBI director, and nothing ... NOTHING! It will be the same with "OMG! mail-in voting is the end of civilization!"

You don't care about this crap ... unless Trump loses. Then you'll be all over it.

Yeah, it will be just like "Lock her up" back in 2016. A series of Attorneys General, new FBI director, and nothing ... NOTHING! It will be the same with "OMG! mail-in voting is the end of civilization!"

You don't care about this crap ... unless Trump loses. Then you'll be all over it.

???

What on earth are you babbling about? We are talking about mail in voting.

???

What on earth are you babbling about? We are talking about mail in voting.

No, we're talking about concerns Trump voters have (that's you). You surely remember how Trump promised you he would have Hillary investigated and prosecuted? You guys cheered "Lock her up!" from coast to coast. And, as soon as the election was over, Trump forgot all about it. Trump's got you all worked up about mail-in voting and how it's "gonna be a DISASTER!" What Trump means is it's gonna be a DISASTER only if he loses. If he wins, all this silliness about mail-in fraud will be forgotten, just like he forgot about Hillary.

More people voting really pisses off Republicans. That shows you how unAmerican they are.

They're basically pissing on the graves of people like WWII Vets.

No, we're talking about concerns Trump voters have (that's you). You surely remember how Trump promised you he would have Hillary investigated and prosecuted? You guys cheered "Lock her up!" from coast to coast. And, as soon as the election was over, Trump forgot all about it. Trump's got you all worked up about mail-in voting and how it's "gonna be a DISASTER!" What Trump means is it's gonna be a DISASTER only if he loses. If he wins, all this silliness about mail-in fraud will be forgotten, just like he forgot about Hillary.

Still babbling?

Last time I checked the US Constitution it did not make a distinction between urban and rural mail delivery. You might want to actually read the US Constitution.

Only about half the population has access to USPS services in Alaska. As I previously posted, the other half of the population have to use private carriers to get their mail to a USPS facility. UPS, FedEx, and DHL will all deliver to remote villages (and my home) at a cheaper rate than the USPS. Which is what most Alaskans use for the delivery of packages. The USPS should be abolished completely. It serves no useful purpose, at least not in Alaska.

It's mostly that nobody cares about Alaska.

Back
Top Bottom