• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

America did not re-elect the worst President ever

Bush won because values had taken a big slide in this country, and people who have not voted for some time now, really felt the urge to do something. Was this the right choice to get these values back on track, I certainly think so. The hatred from the left, and the nasty, disgusting things spewed by the Hollywood crowd, were enough to really anger a lot of Americans.

The war, and the attacks on our country played a huge role in the Bush re-election as well, no doubt about it, some Americans love their conflicts and wars! Still, many on the left wanted to apologize for our sins, and blame ourselves first for the attacks, this really enraged more then a few Americans. Bush should not have won, and I thought he didn't have a prayer, but it is indeed the left that lost it for the Dems, and they will do it again if not reigned in somewhat!

Keep blaming everything on Bush, and watch election after election slip away, it won't bother me at all.;)

Downtown Republican, we are here, even though we are rare!:smile:

galenrox said:
Were you a Keyes man? One of my buddies voted for him because he felt old Allen needed a friend.
At the very least you're Northside, if not actually, in spirit!

LOL, Keyes? No, I am not a right-wing wacko, anyone who dis-owns his own daughter for being gay, does not get my vote.:roll:

galenrox said:
alright, then we're cool. Actually, we'd still be cool if you voted for Keyes, what'd he get, like 12% of the vote?

Sounds about right, I actually like Obama, he may even make a great president one day, I might even vote for him when and if he runs. I don't tow any party lines, I do what I think is in the best interest of the country at the time. If that is to elect a Democrat, that's what I'll do. I think we may need a Democratic president again soon, just not Hillary, I don't think she will be good for the country, and may very well tear us all even further apart then we are with Bush.

Originally posted by Vauge:
Billo, would you kindly present a chart for Clinton with this same info?
I don't have a chart. But here's what I picked off a website.

In 1992, Clinton won the Democratic presidential nomination after a primary campaign in which his character and private life were repeatedly questioned and, with running mate Senator Al Gore of Tennessee, went on to win the election, garnering 43% of the national vote in defeating Republican incumbent George H. W. Bush and independent H. Ross Perot. By his election, he became the first president born after World War II to serve in the office and the first to lead the country in the post–cold war era.

By 1996, Clinton had succeeded in characterizing the Republican agenda as extremist while himself adopting many aspects of it. Forced to compromise on such items as welfare reform in order to assure passage of any change, Republicans passed bills that often seemed as much part of the president's program as their own. The welfare bill that he signed at the end of his term revolutionized the system, requiring that recipients work, while providing them with various subsidies to aid in the transition. Clinton won renomination by his party unopposed in 1996. Benefiting from a basically healthy economy, he handily won reelection in Nov., 1996, garnering 49% of the vote against Republican candidate Bob Dole and Reform party candidate Ross Perot, and became the first Democratic president since Franklin Roosevelt to win two terms at the polls.

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0812580.html

Billo_Really said:
I don't have a chart. But here's what I picked off a website.

In 1992, Clinton won the Democratic presidential nomination after a primary campaign in which his character and private life were repeatedly questioned and, with running mate Senator Al Gore of Tennessee, went on to win the election, garnering 43% of the national vote in defeating Republican incumbent George H. W. Bush and independent H. Ross Perot. By his election, he became the first president born after World War II to serve in the office and the first to lead the country in the post–cold war era.

By 1996, Clinton had succeeded in characterizing the Republican agenda as extremist while himself adopting many aspects of it. Forced to compromise on such items as welfare reform in order to assure passage of any change, Republicans passed bills that often seemed as much part of the president's program as their own. The welfare bill that he signed at the end of his term revolutionized the system, requiring that recipients work, while providing them with various subsidies to aid in the transition. Clinton won renomination by his party unopposed in 1996. Benefiting from a basically healthy economy, he handily won reelection in Nov., 1996, garnering 49% of the vote against Republican candidate Bob Dole and Reform party candidate Ross Perot, and became the first Democratic president since Franklin Roosevelt to win two terms at the polls.

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0812580.html

Ross screwed the Reps. in that one, no doubt about it, I voted for him, and my grandfather was very angry, lol.

What is so great about Osama ..ahh.. Obama?*

*Tease against Kennedy in case folks miss the reference.

Originally posted by Vauge:
*Tease against Kennedy in case folks miss the reference.
Ted Kennedy. Good Senator, bad date! If he doesn't lose weight soon, he's going to look like a Macy's parade float.

Billo_Really said:
Ted Kennedy. Good Senator, bad date! If he doesn't lose weight soon, he's going to look like a Macy's parade float.

Murderer, or is that conspiracy just too far fetched for your ilk?:lol:

Originally posted by Deegan:
Murderer, or is that conspiracy just too far fetched for your ilk
No, I think your more right than wrong on this one. I would be apt to agree.

About the election of Bush, my question for everyone is if the topic of gay marriage hadn't been present in last year's election how do you think the presidential and congressional elections would've turned out?

Originally posted by js416256:
About the election of Bush, my question for everyone is if the topic of gay marriage hadn't been present in last year's election how do you think the presidential and congressional elections would've turned out?
I hope it wouldn't of mattered at all. It's nobody's god-damn business who marry's who, except the two people that are getting married. And for those who think differently about this, can go to hell!

Billo_Really said:
I hope it wouldn't of mattered at all. It's nobody's god-damn business who marry's who, except the two people that are getting married. And for those who think differently about this, can go to hell!

For the most part I agree with the sentiment. However, I feel that gay marriage should be a state by state issue. I don't support a constitutional ammendment which would ban or condone it.

Back
Top Bottom