• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America Could Use a Liberal Party

None of you care about our country. You argue back an forth trying to make points from the left or the right. And you know the only way can be successful is if we govern from the center. So stop assuaging your egos and help make our country work.
Biden is the center.

Fact: He includes AOC and Bernie among his advisors - that’s not the sign of a moderate. He made be less radical than those two, but he’s not a moderate.
He promised the Bernie crowd that he would do things for them if they would just give him their vote. And he's making good on the deal. I think his tactics so far on the border are an unthought out mess, and I'm not forgetting that he didn't wish Dr. Suess a Happy Birthday, either. But at least it's not You Know Who.

Centrism isn't a race.
That's not what you said before.

The centrists? You mean a bunch of white people who don't want to be full-blown racist, but also know it's not really hurting them and don't want to give up too much white privilege.
Were you lying then or are you lying now?

Yes. The Op Ed in the OP didn't mention that the Democrats have their own problems with an extreme wing, and right now it is as loud as the far right. I don't know about anyone else, but it's sure turning me off. Well, I'm an Independent who has never voted a straight ticket in my life. But at this point, my answer is NEITHER!!!
I have a sibling who I think might agree 100% with your opinion.

One thing that will be a continuing problem for Biden is that the Trump administration was good at its job. This is one example where Biden's people screwed things up because they thought they knew more than the previous group and were wrong.
I think this is very true. I think the Trump administration was quite good at its job. Trump himself was very strongly disliked by many (loved by others) and COVID created quite an obstacle, but Trump policy was effective and VERY mainstream conservative (actually, rather moderate and measured). It wasn't far right in the least.

IMO, the two legacy parties no longer adequately represent that volume of space where most of America exists politically.

There is a liberal party, it's called the Green Party.

Principle number one:

There are only two parties with a big enough caucus in all the legislatures across the land to affect policy, so, pIck one.

My personal preferences are more in accordance with the Green Party, I'm 95% with those guys. But, though I'm 88% with the dems, so, per principle #1, above, I'm a dem.

Personally, I like the two party system. In coalition governance no one ever gets a majority and the result is squabbling and chaos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom