• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America 1071 COVID deaths yesterday

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Yesterday, the US Covid-assigned deaths were listed at 1,071. A single day does not indicate a trend.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Do

20-08-16 C1 - US Daily Deaths.jpg

20-08-16 C2 - 7 Day Average Chart.jpg

20-08-16 C3 - 10 Day Average of Averages.jpg

20-08-16 C5 - Mortality Index.jpg

20-08-16 Z9 - Huge Jump Chart.jpg

give you any idea of what the trend might actually be?

You blew it when you had the chance. Poor model to follow when you finally come to your senses.

You have to learn from the past but live in the now. Right now, Arizona is trending significantly downward in cases and positivity. It's the model you should be following.

Not if things don't change. It will be this bad next year too. Your rights have trumped reality. College campus cases are on the rise already.

It won't be this bad next year. Stop it!

Did you expect a different outcome regarding cases on campus? More people in an area means more infections. The great news is that even though we are seeing infections, we are seeing much less death from a percentage stand point. this is great news. We don't have to lock down. Just be smart.

My rights have not Trumped reality. I woke up in a free country.

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Yesterday, the US Covid-assigned deaths were listed at 1,071. A single day does not indicate a trend.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Exactly, many of these deaths happened weeks ago.

What's the point? We all can see the numbers. Do you need your daily dose of misery? Do you think this thread will get the attention of the "hoaxers"? Maybe they'll start taking it serious?

I think some of you are addicted to gloom! It's not good for your immune system. Things are getting better. These death numbers will start going down quickly.

If you need a model for how to do it just follow what we are doing in Arizona.

New Covid deaths last 24 hour period
Arizona- 69
Canada- 2

Coronavirus Update (Live): 21,792,385 Cases and 772,244 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

I think maybe there's better models to follow than anything in the USA.

True, the number is "down compared to peak", but the question remains "Is it going to stay down?" and the above plus

sort of hint that it just might not.

Yeah, it's up in the air right now; just trying to find the silver lining.

:)

On February 26, President Trump boasted “You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.
Makes you wonder which of his experts told him that - Birx, Fauci?

Yeah. Some people definitely need to change the subject.

Is the death of 1k people becoming boring for you?
Maybe you should try avoiding topics that say exactly what they are in the topic title.

Is the death of 1k people becoming boring for you?
Maybe you should try avoiding topics that say exactly what they are in the topic title.

i actually feel bad for each person that dies from COVID. and their families/friends.

Makes you wonder which of his experts told him that - Birx, Fauci?

On Feb 26th.??? Birx wasn't appointed until the next day... And Trump has often bragged about not listening to Fauci, and doing just the oppisite of wht Fauci has recommended.. So neither.. This is all on your liar in chief, Trump...

Seriously doesn't if hurt your head and give you headaches to constantly try to cover for Trump's constant lies and incompetence?

On Feb 26th.??? Birx wasn't appointed until the next day... And Trump has often bragged about not listening to Fauci, and doing just the oppisite of wht Fauci has recommended.. So neither.. This is all on your liar in chief, Trump...
and yet both Birx and Fauci have said Trump listens to them intently and acts quickly on their recommendations/
SenorXm/sirisus said:
Seriously doesn't if hurt your head and give you headaches to constantly try to cover for Trump's constant lies and incompetence?
Mostly it hurts my stomach from laughing at the pitiful attempts you guys throw out without any apparent thought.

You do have to adjust that "population density" to account for the fact that 80+% of Canada is unpopulated. California's population density is ~254/sq.mi. Canada's is ~11/sq.mi. but adjusted to take into account the fact that 80+% of the country is unpopulated that works out to ~55/sq.mi.

To normalize the populations then the Canadian 9,072 comes out as ~9,550 (or ~85% of California's).

Are you adjusting for all the parts of California that are unpopulated?

What you might not consider "remarkable" is the fact that a person picked at random in three of those countries actually has a LOWER chance of dying from COVID-19 than does a person picked at random in the United States of America. When you adjust for "ability to pay" (PPP GDP per capita) or "amount spent on healthcare" (health care spending in US$ per capita), things look rather gloomy.

You still haven't established that "ability to pay" is even relevant, especially in a world where we're told that the most important measures are staying home, wearing a mask, and washing hands.

Of course, if you want to look at the CURRENT daily deaths from COVID-19 then the situation in the US vis-a-vis countries of roughly the same economic clout looks positively dismal.

Why would we only look at the current numbers, and ignore what happened in the past?

I miss Reagan too.

Unfortunately that Republican Party is gone. Reagan could never even make it through a primary today. Even Romney, the party’s last presidential nominee, is an outcast in his own party.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to learn from the past but live in the now. Right now, Arizona is trending significantly downward in cases and positivity. It's the model you should be following.

Thankfully Arizona is doing better than they were. That’s a good thing.

However as a country we are doing horribly now compared to almost every other industrialized country. As a country we need to start following the model successful countries have used.

and yet both Birx and Fauci have said Trump listens to them intently and acts quickly on their recommendations/
Mostly it hurts my stomach from laughing at the pitiful attempts you guys throw out without any apparent thought.

In an administration where everyone knows that if you tell the truth, refuse to lie or do your job you could be in big trouble, people like Birx and Fauci have to stroke Trump’s ego every once in a while just to survive.

It’s clear to anyone with even a quarter of a brain that Birx and Fauci don’t believe that Trump listens to them intently and acts quickly on their recommendations. That’s just pure nonsense.

In an administration where everyone knows that if you tell the truth, refuse to lie or do your job you could be in big trouble, people like Birx and Fauci have to stroke Trump’s ego every once in a while just to survive.

It’s clear to anyone with even a quarter of a brain that Birx and Fauci don’t believe that Trump listens to them intently and acts quickly on their recommendations. That’s just pure nonsense.

LOL, I love LW fairy tales.

Did you expect a different outcome regarding cases on campus? More people in an area means more infections. The great news is that even though we are seeing infections, we are seeing much less death from a percentage stand point. this is great news. We don't have to lock down. Just be smart.

You woke up in a country where some are contributing to the murder of others. 173,139

On February 26, President Trump boasted “You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.

"What difference, at this point, does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again"

*Sigh.* I remember what it was like to have leadership.

Lefties ponder why our deaths are higher as they fight for people to enter our country illegally without any health screening whatsoever.
Lefties ponder why our rate is higher after they spent months rioting in massive crowds nightly.
**sigh** I remember when democrats werent completely retarded?

"What difference, at this point, does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again"

And would you say that wisdom is being applied now at the federal level? On any cohesive national level?

Did you expect a different outcome regarding cases on campus? More people in an area means more infections. The great news is that even though we are seeing infections, we are seeing much less death from a percentage stand point. this is great news.

Actually the "Mortality Index" is increasing. That means that the number of deaths in relation to the number of tests is actually increasing.

20-08-17 C5 - Mortality Index.jpg

However, it is quite true that the "Mortality Rate" (for both "All Cases" and "Closed Cases") IS falling. What is NOT falling is the chance that an American picked at random will die from COVID-19 when compared to the people of other - reasonably comparable socioeconomic - nations.

20-08-17 B3 - Death by Ability to Pay.jpg

We don't have to lock down. Just be smart.

As long as there is a significant proportion of the populace that is insisting that it is their "constitutional right" to be stupid, that isn't going to happen.

At present.

Back
Top Bottom