• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America’s Worst Companies to Work For

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
For the second year in a row, 24/7 Wall St. has identified America’s worst companies to work for. While company management can improve employee satisfaction, most of the companies on our list continue to make workers miserable.

In order to identify America’s worst companies to work for, 24/7 Wall St. examined employee reviews at jobs and career community site Glassdoor. Based on the reviews, Glassdoor scores companies on a scale of one to five with an average score of 3.2 for the over 250,000 companies measured. 24/7 Wall St. identified the nine publicly traded companies that received scores of 2.5 or lower.

Read more: America’s Worst Companies to Work For - 24/7 Wall St. America’s Worst Companies to Work For - 24/7 Wall St.

unfortunately, i'm basically forced to be a customer of one of these piece of **** companies; the mail order pharmacy. there's some problem with my order almost every single time, and now they're trying to stop covering a medicine i take intermittently. i would never use a mail order pharmacy if i wasn't absolutely forced to.

if people don't wake up and organize, this is going to be the norm forever. you might have grandfathered in with a job that is better than this, but these are the working conditions that your kids will have to endure. it's something to think about.

For some of them on the list, I have to wonder...did poor treatment of hourlies preceed their economic downturn(all of the companies listed are struggling), or did economic downturns lead to poor employment standards and procedures?

But, but, but, where's Walmart? As the single most evil company on the planet, according to some, how could it not be on the list?

unfortunately, i'm basically forced to be a customer of one of these piece of **** companies; the mail order pharmacy. there's some problem with my order almost every single time, and now they're trying to stop covering a medicine i take intermittently. i would never use a mail order pharmacy if i wasn't absolutely forced to.

if people don't wake up and organize, this is going to be the norm forever. you might have grandfathered in with a job that is better than this, but these are the working conditions that your kids will have to endure. it's something to think about.

DISH tops the list on a lot of those lists. And I think certain companies are worse because of their executive officers. Crap runs down hill.

I also believe as the talent pool for these top corporations pull from the elite group of ivy league assholes who grew up spoiled and disconnected from average people they won't have any compassion on their workers or customers. They simply can't and don't want to relate. The movie Elysium is a prediction of our future.

Interesting list. I worked for Sears in the 1970's and early '80's. At that time it was the largest retailer in the world and a pretty good place to work. Obviously somebody dragged it way down. I could think of a few names.

Dollar General expects a LOT of its employees, from what I hear. I think many of those "worst to work for" are the ones who really skimp on labor.

The union movement arose in the face of horrific working conditions and abusive and unsafe treatment by the owners of capital. Regulation and legislation, hard won by union activism, made the need for unions less urgent. With the rise of conservative extremism, since Reagan, and the roll back of worker protections, not to mention falling incomes, the need for unions should become more evident and workers will again organize as if their lives depend on it, since they do.

Back
Top Bottom