• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America’s Only Black Senator Not Invited To MLK Event Because He’s A Republican…

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
tim-scott-550x275.jpg

These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Via Red Alert Politics:

Noticeably absent from the speaker line-up at the Let Freedom Ring event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington today: the nation’s only black Senator, Tim Scott.

Scott, a Republican Representative appointed by S.C. Governor Nikki Haley earlier this year to fill former Sen. Jim DeMint’s seat in the U.S. Senate after he retired, was not invited to participate in the historic event, a spokesperson for the Senator confirmed to Red Alert Politics in an email.

African-American leaders who did receive an invitation to speak at included Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) – who participated in the original March – Martin Luther King III, MSNBC host Al Sharpton and movie stars Jamie Foxx, Oprah Winfrey and Forest Whitaker.

Read more:
America’s Only Black Senator Not Invited To MLK Event Because He’s A Republican… | Weasel Zippers

Hmm..., I wonder why Senator Scott was not invited to speak?

tim-scott-550x275.jpg

Via Red Alert Politics:

Noticeably absent from the speaker line-up at the Let Freedom Ring event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington today: the nation’s only black Senator, Tim Scott.

Scott, a Republican Representative appointed by S.C. Governor Nikki Haley earlier this year to fill former Sen. Jim DeMint’s seat in the U.S. Senate after he retired, was not invited to participate in the historic event, a spokesperson for the Senator confirmed to Red Alert Politics in an email.

African-American leaders who did receive an invitation to speak at included Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) – who participated in the original March – Martin Luther King III, MSNBC host Al Sharpton and movie stars Jamie Foxx, Oprah Winfrey and Forest Whitaker.

Read more:
America’s Only Black Senator Not Invited To MLK Event Because He’s A Republican… | Weasel Zippers

What's stopping you from asking him?

tim-scott-550x275.jpg

Via Red Alert Politics:

Read more:

So you are upset that a liberal group did not invite a conservative to speak at an event they sponsored? Really?

What's stopping you from asking him?

I don't think he is an organizer of the event. Just sayin'.

So you are upset that a liberal group did not invite a conservative to speak at an event they sponsored? Really?

So to support a historic event, one must be liberal? Really?

So to support a historic event, one must be liberal? Really?

Funny how I did not say that. I asked why a liberal group, pushing a political message as part of an event they are sponsoring, would invite a conservative to speak? I am sure Senator Scott can support the event or not as he chooses. I also do not think Senator Scott is somehow due an invitation to speak at a liberal event simply because he is black.

Funny how I did not say that. I asked why a liberal group, pushing a political message as part of an event they are sponsoring, would invite a conservative to speak? I am sure Senator Scott can support the event or not as he chooses. I also do not think Senator Scott is somehow due an invitation to speak at a liberal event simply because he is black.

What happened to you, you never used to be like this.

Hmm..., I thought the anniversary was all about American Freedom and Civil Rights. Where was that afforded Senator Scott? BTW it was the overwhelming support of Republicans that passed the Civil Rights Acts of Eisenhower and Johnson. Not the Democrats.

Hmm..., I thought the anniversary was all about American Freedom and Civil Rights. Where was that afforded Senator Scott? BTW it was the overwhelming support of Republicans that passed the Civil Rights Acts of Eisenhower and Johnson. Not the Democrats.

The anniversary is an anniversary. This specific event that Senator Scott was not invited too was a political event.

The republican party of the 60s bear little if any similarity to the republican party of now.

A liberal group? I dont think The Martin luther King Center for NonViolent Change is supposed to be liberal...or conservative...or political in any way shape or form as a 501C4 non profit.

Its OK....they invite who they want and they invited al democrats. Fitting, since the black community has embraced democrat programs and policies ever since LBJ "got them niggers voting democrat for the next 200 years." And just LOOK at the benefits to the black community. Rampant teen pregnancy, unwed mothers/fatherless homes, ever climbing unemployment at a rate double that of everyone else (white and Hispanic America included) blood in the streets, and every MLK Boulevard in America a free fire zone.

Somewhere...I think Dr Kings message went horribly horribly wrong.

Rogue radical right--their words. These conserv confeds are completely unhinged, trying to out-rogue each other every new day. Like a house moving quickly towards an important bridge in flood waters.

Not expecting a liberal group to invite a conservative speaker to their political rally is over-biased? Really?

Given the presence of the President, I thought it was more of an open celebration than partisan hack event.

A liberal group? I dont think The Martin luther King Center for NonViolent Change is supposed to be liberal...or conservative...or political in any way shape or form as a 501C4 non profit.

Its OK....they invite who they want and they invited al democrats. Fitting, since the black community has embraced democrat programs and policies ever since LBJ "got them niggers voting democrat for the next 200 years." And just LOOK at the benefits to the black community. Rampant teen pregnancy, unwed mothers/fatherless homes, ever climbing unemployment at a rate double that of everyone else (white and Hispanic America included) blood in the streets, and every MLK Boulevard in America a free fire zone.

Somewhere...I think Dr Kings message went horribly horribly wrong.

It is the Coalition for Jobs, Justice and Freedom that is sponsoring the event.

Given the presence of the President, I thought it was more of an open celebration than partisan hack event.

It is open to the public, but it is still a political event.

Yeah, too bad.

It is the Coalition for Jobs, Justice and Freedom that is sponsoring the event.

Huh...I read that it was the MLK foundation.

You'd think if the group held 'jobs' as a priority they would be less keen on having administration officials speaking.

The republican party of the 60s bear little if any similarity to the republican party of now.

Really?

The 1964 Republican Platform was dominated by Goldwater conservatives, which meant the platform was dominated by calls for limited government, condemnations of the Kennedy and Johnson foreign and domestic policy, calls for more open space for free enterprise, a hard-line against Communist North Vietnam, calls for reform of the United Nations, a staunch support of NATO, calls for lower taxes and a hard-line against international Communism.

How was it different?

The whole thing was a democrat party rally and had nothing to do with the honor of Martin Luther King Jr and his ideas. All they said, all day long is how MLK would support this and MLK would support that, regardless of how far from the truth they were.

The anniversary is an anniversary. This specific event that Senator Scott was not invited too was a political event.

Nah, In this case it was nothing more than a left wing Democratic Party pep rally, patting themselves on the back for keeping African Americans on the Progressive plantation. Did any of them mention the gangsta ideology, the massive unemployment, and the disaster called education? I'll bet there was no mention of at least the Black on Black crime and murders. But hey, falsely use MLK to hoist their Marxist ideals.

I'll even go as far as stating that the cleanup had to be monumental . I understand it looked like a hazardous garbage dump after the festivities and only 60,000 attended.

Last edited:
Funny how I did not say that.

You decided to interpret what someone else said, and it is not ok for others to do the same to your words? Interesting.

You decided to interpret what someone else said, and it is not ok for others to do the same to your words? Interesting.

Actually I did not"interpret". He made a thread complaining that conservative politician was not invited to speak at a liberal event. That is a simple fact, born out exactly by the very OP he posted, complaining that a black conservative republican senator was not invited to a liberal event.

The whole thing was a democrat party rally and had nothing to do with the honor of Martin Luther King Jr and his ideas. All they said, all day long is how MLK would support this and MLK would support that, regardless of how far from the truth they were.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

No one spoke words like this.

Back
Top Bottom