• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amendment to Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill would force schools to out students in 6 weeks

He doesn't seem to know this.
They can’t know this and go along with the latest narrative of outrage.

So they studiously avoid knowing some things. To protect their egos.

The people of the United States of America these days form into many sub-cultures defined by a number of things including ethnicity and sexual orientation. Venn diagram these sub-cultures and you'll find all manner of intersections and overlaps.

What we may be seeing, given some of the laws being proposed in Republican-controlled state legislatures, is an attempt by a strain of protestant Christianity to effect the cancelling or suppression of some of these sub-cultures. It is difficult to ascribe any other reason, though I'm certainly open to proposals.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.
When I think of Florida, I think of Anita Bryant. Any questions? The state hasn't evolved as much as it should.

In short, they don't trust their own children to hear contrary views. They fear they will follow them like the rats following the Pied Pier of Manlin. What a sad way to life. They might want to check out what makes their own views so weak.

They don't feel they can stop their children from growing on their own, so they seek state repression to do it for them.
Which would be where religious beliefs cross the line.

Christians are supposed to obey god because they love him.

Not because the state will punish them if they don’t.

That’s trying to cheat their way into heaven.

A 3rd grader who doesn't feel comfortable in his gender prob'ly ain't having a sex life.
The only reason this would happen is if the child is being groomed

They absolutely are. You don't support spacefaring technology with an uneducated public, much less a public that is legally bound to the particular patch of land they live on.

So you get to choose: Farming parsnips for the lord of the manor like a good little serf, or having a high tech society.
You have a very simplistic review of medieval society. In fact the Middle Ages were a time of great advancement in sciences and technology.

You don’t need the public at large “educated” (and in fact most medieval people were smarter then the average person today) that only creates social friction, rather you only need a specific subset of people educated

being "groomed"??? Good Lord, I don't know of any gay person, male or female that has done that...
It happens all the time. Most sexual abuse of boys is by men, meaning it’s homosexual abuse,

It happens all the time. Most sexual abuse of boys is by men, meaning it’s homosexual abuse,
and most abuse of young girls is also by men, are they grooming as well? Just asking?

here's another winning example of todays' GOP:

When I think of Florida, I think of Anita Bryant. Any questions? The state hasn't evolved as much as it should.

Hi, Subieguy!

The name sent me searching. She's referenced as an anti-gay activist.

One definition of liberty which I like is that you have the right to swing your arm up to the point where my nose begins. I must admit to having some difficulty in understanding how gay rights impacts Ms. Bryant's nose.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

and most abuse of young girls is also by men, are they grooming as well? Just asking?

here's another winning example of todays' GOP:

That is so sad. Utterly clueless.

Holy crap. That's like straight from some evangelical crazy church or Fox News.

And in case you couldn't have guessed, here's the Republican from the OP…

1645556908813.png

The people of the United States of America these days form into many sub-cultures defined by a number of things including ethnicity and sexual orientation. Venn diagram these sub-cultures and you'll find all manner of intersections and overlaps.

What we may be seeing, given some of the laws being proposed in Republican-controlled state legislatures, is an attempt by a strain of protestant Christianity to effect the cancelling or suppression of some of these sub-cultures. It is difficult to ascribe any other reason, though I'm certainly open to proposals.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.
What are you talking about?

Kids who are gay or who are confused about their sexuality often want to talk to an adult about it. If they don't feel they can't talk to their parents, they sometimes talk to a teacher or school counselor.
Not after this!

Yeah, they should. You're gonna verbally or physically abuse your child for being gay then you don't deserve children.

Sociopaths don't think of those things.

Is this so that the parents can start the intervention early? What is the point of this? Who got together and decided this was necessary?

The purpose of the Don't Say Gay amendment is to identify Florida student sexual preferences for the next step toward student bathroom, locker room and water fountain assignments.

Sources in Florida tell me that during the summer Florida will work on bus seating assignments.

Joining African American students in the back will be Hispanic students, Muslim students, Asian American students, immigrant students, transgender and gay students, homeless students, Jewish students and Mormon students.

They will all be assigned seating by rows.

Atheist kids will not be permitted on the buses.

White Christian students will be allowed to sit anywhere they want in the front of the bus.

You have a very simplistic review of medieval society. In fact the Middle Ages were a time of great advancement in sciences and technology.

You don’t need the public at large “educated” (and in fact most medieval people were smarter then the average person today) that only creates social friction, rather you only need a specific subset of people educated

Do you feel you belong in that specific subset?

Back
Top Bottom