• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amendment to Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill would force schools to out students in 6 weeks

That sounds like the parent's fault to me.
In part it is, many parents didn’t realize their kids were being taught to hate their country, their faith, their traditions and their family, but now that more are waking up there is now action from political leaders to start reigning in the schools

In part it is, many parents didn’t realize their kids were being taught to hate their country, their faith, their traditions and their family, but now that more are waking up there is now action from political leaders to start reigning in the schools

Jesus H Christ, EMN, take a break from Tucker Carlson and think for yourself.

That sounds like the parent's fault to me.

Its instructive that he doesn't use the term teacher or counselor, but opts for "school:" or "state official," as thought these empathetic adults are a form of state repression, and not the actual lawmakers who are passing these repressive bills.

Schools should not know more about a students sex life then the parents.
I don't know if you know this but kids are people, not objects parents own. Some parents aren't the good kind, and kids need to have protection from them. This thought that all parents know and do what's best for their kids is absurd.

I don't know if you know this but kids are people, not objects parents own. Some parents aren't the good kind, and kids need to have protection from them. This thought that all parents know and do what's best for their kids is absurd.

He doesn't seem to know this.

In short, they don't trust their own children to hear contrary views. They fear they will follow them like the rats following the Pied Pier of Manlin. What a sad way to life. They might want to check out what makes their own views so weak.

They don't feel they can stop their children from growing on their own, so they seek state repression to do it for them.

Just another example of todays GOP. Its pretty clear by all these actions, they have serious problems with minorities. This don't say gay crap is like something from the 1940's. But thats todays GOP, never looking forward, always looking backwards!

And in your mind “not the good kind” is any parent who’s not a reliable leftist

Just another example of todays GOP. Its pretty clear by all these actions, they have serious problems with minorities. This don't say gay crap is like something from the 1940's. But thats todays GOP, never looking forward, always looking backwards!
I wish they were, we need to go back the 1440s. The high Middle Ages with rockets should be the goal

No, Afghan society is culturally far behind the Middle Ages
Not really. Both are tribalistic societies ruled by a theocracy. Europe, at that time, was just a more formal approach to it.

I wish they were, we need to go back the 1440s. The high Middle Ages with rockets should be the goal
todays GOP is pretty close to that time period between this, their voting restrictions/suppressions, strict abortion bans and on and on and on. They have no policies to offer that actually HELP Americans, so instead they create wedge issues like this.

If I was gay, and I am actually, and lived in Florida I would have left months ago. The leadership of that state has gone off the rails.

If I was gay, and I am actually, and lived in Florida I would have left months ago. The leadership of that state has gone off the rails.
I know a few people in FL who, as advanced tech workers, are actively looking for work from home jobs in preparation to move to a better area in the next few years.

The people of the United States of America these days form into many sub-cultures defined by a number of things including ethnicity and sexual orientation. Venn diagram these sub-cultures and you'll find all manner of intersections and overlaps.

What we may be seeing, given some of the laws being proposed in Republican-controlled state legislatures, is an attempt by a strain of protestant Christianity to effect the cancelling or suppression of some of these sub-cultures. It is difficult to ascribe any other reason, though I'm certainly open to proposals.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

No, they are not.

This is a modernist lie.

They absolutely are. You don't support spacefaring technology with an uneducated public, much less a public that is legally bound to the particular patch of land they live on.

So you get to choose: Farming parsnips for the lord of the manor like a good little serf, or having a high tech society.

Should schools be required to 'out' a student to his or her parents?
Of course, NOT.

1. Many parents eventually just know anyway.

2. And any father or mother who kicks their child out of the house for being gay does not deserve the title "parent."

Back
Top Bottom