• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amending the Constitution. [W:97]

as we see with the Feds suing the crap out of Texas right now--this is the level Republicans have dragged us down to

It's actually the Justice department throwing a hissy fit over a SCOTUS decision...

And I told you it was in the North Carolina law, now for the 2nd time.

Now keep playing your circular games on this touchy subject that Alabama is most guilty of also.

And you still haven't answered the question so I'll A$$ume you believe in throwing voters out-of-line when the bell rings.

There's nothing in the law about throwing voters out of line.:peace

as we see with the Feds suing the crap out of Texas right now--this is the level Republicans have dragged us down to

The feds are grandstanding. Their suit will be thrown out of court.

Do you believe that people standing in line when the polls close should be barred from voting? Republicans do.

why am i even being asked this question?

if you arrive before a deadline set by voting rules and are in line.....DO YOU VOTE .yes, ............if you dont show up by the voting rules ...no.

example......the polls closed at 7 pm.......and the line has people many people waiting still to vote, and it takes until 8:00 to get all of those standing in the line at 7:00 to vote, someone cannot show up at 8:00 while people from 7:00 are finishing their vote and demand to vote also.

you have to be in line by the deadline. or you DO NOT VOTE.

We'll see.
Until then, America sees the GOP as a party of negativity.
As a party that wants to drive down the number of voters.
Place more obstacles to voting.
Have unequal quantity and quality of voting machines.
Have no alternatives to needed legislation except NO.

The feds are grandstanding. Their suit will be thrown out of court.

We'll see.

you really need to stop with the partisan politics.

this idea of........"the party i support is far better than the party i oppose, is ridiculous.....they both stink

But this law has changed in North Carolina. Those voters who have not voted will not be allowed to vote. In precincts with fewer machines(black folks), this will make a difference as we saw in multiple states last year.
why am i even being asked this question?

if you arrive before a deadline set by voting rules and are in line.....DO YOU VOTE .yes, ............if you dont show up by the voting rules ...no.

example......the polls closed at 7 pm.......and the line has people many people waiting still to vote, and it takes until 8:00 to get all of those standing in the line at 7:00 to vote, someone cannot show up at 8:00 while people from 7:00 are finishing their vote and demand to vote also.

you have to be in line by the deadline. or you DO NOT VOTE.

We'll see.

Or as the party defending the Constitution.:peace

Dems in 2013 do not pass voter suppression laws.
I'm concerned with Present Moment Awareness, not rewriting history.
you really need to stop with the partisan politics.

this idea of........"the party i support is far better than the party i oppose, is ridiculous.....they both stink

But this law has changed in North Carolina. Those voters who have not voted will not be allowed to vote. In precincts with fewer machines(black folks), this will make a difference as we saw in multiple states last year.

False.

as far as i have ever heard.......their is a deadline to vote, ...if you there an waiting by that deadline........you will get to vote, if you not, then you do not vote......i have never heard of people being denied a vote, becuase of lack of voting machines, the problem is people who believe they can show up at anytime, just because a line is still formed.

Until the new law that Gov. McCrory just signed.
as far as i have ever heard.......their is a deadline to vote, ...if you there an waiting by that deadline........you will get to vote, if you not, then you do not vote......i have never heard of people being denied a vote, becuase of lack of voting machines, the problem is people who believe they can show up at anytime, just because a line is still formed.

Last edited:
such as right-wing social engineering, to begin with

Look, I'm not sure why you're here. You've made an assertion about people being thrown out of voting lines that's patently false, and the rest of your posts are just name calling. Not worth my time.:peace

Look, I'm not sure why you're here. You've made an assertion about people being thrown out of voting lines that's patently false, and the rest of your posts are just name calling. Not worth my time.:peace

You're here to deny the undeniable. That is what your team does.

this from your link

North Carolina Republican Gov. Pat McCrory signed the new restrictions — which mandate voters to show a government-issued ID, trims the early voting
window by a week
and abolishes same-day registration — into law on Aug. 12.

now in order to do just about anything in the u.s. you have to have an ID, elections are held every two years.......... is someone going to make the excuse you cannot get an ID in two years?..if voting is that important to a person, you would think they would have a ID

the state legislature creates the voting rules for a state, not the federal government, early voting was created for people who could not vote on the actual day, or those who its hard to get around, it was not meant to have a huge window of time to vote, and because the state legislature is the one who sets the rules, its within their authority of the state to make rule changes........these changes are written into law, and anyone voting is expected to know them and work within them to vote.

their should never be same day registration, ...all registrations needed to be verified in order to vote.

its going to be almost 90 days from the day these law is enacted and voting occurs, if someone cannot get an ID, or know when and where voting is to take place and be registered to vote, within 90 days time..........then they are really interested in voting then?......it does not sound like it to me.

Back
Top Bottom