• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amber Alert website, down... Michelle O's "Let's Move" site, up

Having website shut down saves a minimal amount of money. [mostly just bandwidth]

In other news:

"Amber Alert website down. GOP.gov and speaker.house.gov are both up."

If this doesn't drive home the fact that this administration is playing politics with the shut down and couldn't care less about the well being of the American people, then nothing will.

Amber Alert website

Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" website

Come on libs... Let's see you justify this one?

God talk about missing the forest for the trees, instead of worrying about the government being shut down we are worried what is and is not being maintained while in a shut down. Instead of worrying about making the shutdown less of a weight, start worrying about ending it.

God talk about missing the forest for the trees, instead of worrying about the government being shut down we are worried what is and is not being maintained while in a shut down. Instead of worrying about making the shutdown less of a weight, start worrying about ending it.

That's not gonna happen. They would have to give up the " they did it first mommy" excuse and actually think for themselves. The right and left fanatics on this forum just don't have that kind of maturity.

If this doesn't drive home the fact that this administration is playing politics with the shut down and couldn't care less about the well being of the American people, then nothing will.

Amber Alert website

There is absolutely no WAY to justify the Amber Alert website going down.

I could see a notice at the top of the website saying updates are suspended; but to simply take it down? That's just mean spirited political bull****.

Amber Alert website

You know, I've been thinking about this. It just doesn't make sense from a cost standpoint. My supposition is that the PPACA exchanges are run on the same servers and crashed the Amber Alert server. The Administration HAD to cover there bungling of the rollout thus the shutdown excuse on the home screen...it's the only thing that makes sense.

I could see a notice at the top of the website saying updates are suspended; but to simply take it down? That's just mean spirited political bull****.

You mean like the on one the top of this page NOAA National Weather Service ? It's not like they don't know how...

Amber Alert website

Only the federal website is down. All others are up and running around the country. I checked it out.

I don't what to think, but I know I heard a clip of Boner saying he is waiting for the president to call him and/or sit down and talk with him and that he is staying and waiting for that to happen. I don't think that is an unreasonable request. That is the president's job, to sit down and hash things out, even if it's the opposition party.

Only the federal website is down. All others are up and running around the country. I checked it out.
The Whitehouse website is still up. Complete with streaming video of Stompy Foot's latest speech.

The point is Obama and the Dems are cherry-picking what gets shutdown based on what hurts the most and what their interests are.

I don't what to think, but I know I heard a clip of Boner saying he is waiting for the president to call him and/or sit down and talk with him and that he is staying and waiting for that to happen. I don't think that is an unreasonable request. That is the president's job, to sit down and hash things out, even if it's the opposition party.

Yes, and Obama's waiting to talk to him.

Until they drop the Obamacare demands, I can't see where those negotiations would go.

Obama: Ok, fund the ACA and we're good to go.

Boehner: No, I can't do that.

Obama: I guess we're done here, then.

Until they drop the Obamacare demands, I can't see where those negotiations would go.

It's his job to use his finesse and his position as president to bargain with the opposition. That is the whole purpose of two opposing parties. As you know, the republicans must represent their constituents, most of whom are against the healthcare law. It is the job of the president to try to negotiate and find common ground.

The point is Obama and the Dems are cherry-picking what gets shutdown based on what hurts the most and what their interests are.
No the are not cherry-picking, web sites such as the Ambert Alert require humans to update them and keep them running. If they allowed these people to work and furlough others that would be cherry-picking.

It's his job to use his finesse and his position as president to bargain with the opposition. That is the whole purpose of two opposing parties. As you know, the republicans must represent their constituents, most of whom are against the healthcare law. It is the job of the president to try to negotiate and find common ground.

If there's one thing Obama's proved, it's that he doesn't know how to negotiate. He wants to have negotiations, but he's a crappy negotiator (which is how we got Obamacare to begin with).

The problem is, there's no common ground on it. TPers won't accept any of it, and Obama won't accept a repeal.

Its not the President job to pass legislation, its congresses. And since the House passing bills and seeking compromise, that means its the Senates ball right now. The Presidents job is to enforce policy, not make it.

Was that a transcript of the meeting they had the other day?

I have this wild alternative theory that the Amber Alert website is just experiencing a server problem. Which may or may not have anyone around to fix it.

See, every single other website that got shut down is actually still operating. You just go to a blank page with a message saying they're shut down. Here, though, it's a 404 error.
So, what the right-wingers here are deciding they immediately believe is that of ALL THE GOVERNMENT WEBSITES IN THE UNIVERSE, the Obama Administration chose to take down AMBER ALERT with no message at all, just unplug the whole damn thing, completely different to the methodology of all the other website closures.

But hey, **** logic when there's political hay to be made.

You are a more rational person than this.

Its not the President job to pass legislation, its congresses. And since the House passing bills and seeking compromise, that means its the Senates ball right now. The Presidents job is to enforce policy, not make it.

I didn't say that. I said it's his job to try to bring about an agreement between the two parties and to negotiate. That's what a good president would try to do.

If there's one thing Obama's proved, it's that he doesn't know how to negotiate. He wants to have negotiations, but he's a crappy negotiator (which is how we got Obamacare to begin with).

The problem is, there's no common ground on it. TPers won't accept any of it, and Obama won't accept a repeal.

Both sides of the aisle are incredibly stubborn. America is a very divided country right now.

Back
Top Bottom