• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amber Alert website, down... Michelle O's "Let's Move" site, up

I didn't say that. I said it's his job to try to bring about an agreement between the two parties and to negotiate. That's what a good president would try to do.

But why? Why the position of President specifically? Thats not what the founders intended, or wrote into law. The President isnt supposed to be the leader of the US. The position is supposed to be more akin to a city administrator, a diplomat, and a military commander. Politics is supposed to be the realm of the congress.

Hamilton argued that this idea of a King like President was the exact opposite of what they intended.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/histdox/fed_67.html

Here the writers against the Constitution seem to have taken pains to signalize their talent of misrepresentation. Calculating upon the aversion of the people to monarchy, they have endeavored to enlist all their jealousies and apprehensions in opposition to the intended President of the United States; not merely as the embryo, but as the full-grown progeny, of that detested parent. To establish the pretended affinity, they have not scrupled to draw resources even from the regions of fiction. The authorities of a magistrate, in few instances greater, in some instances less, than those of a governor of New York, have been magnified into more than royal prerogatives. He has been decorated with attributes superior in dignity and splendor to those of a king of Great Britain. He has been shown to us with the diadem sparkling on his brow and the imperial purple flowing in his train. He has been seated on a throne surrounded with minions and mistresses, giving audience to the envoys of foreign potentates, in all the supercilious pomp of majesty. The images of Asiatic despotism and voluptuousness have scarcely been wanting to crown the exaggerated scene. We have been taught to tremble at the terrific visages of murdering janizaries, and to blush at the unveiled mysteries of a future seraglio.

Last edited:
Yes, and Obama's waiting to talk to him.

Until they drop the Obamacare demands, I can't see where those negotiations would go.

Obama: Ok, fund the ACA and we're good to go.

Boehner: No, I can't do that.

Obama: I guess we're done here, then.

Have things changed since the 30th?

The demand was that the congressional staff had to be covered under the same plan as the rest of the country and to delay the individual mandate for a year.

Who can argue with those two points?

No the are not cherry-picking, web sites such as the Ambert Alert require humans to update them and keep them running. If they allowed these people to work and furlough others that would be cherry-picking.

The website does not have to be updated during the shutdown, nor does it have to be maintained.

I have webistes I have online from 5 years ago with no maintenance or updates. It costs nothing to leave a website online.

In other news:

"Amber Alert website down. GOP.gov and speaker.house.gov are both up."
:doh

"Amber Alert website down. dems.gov and whitehouse.gov and democrats.senate.gov and democrats.org are all up."

< Jeez, this is just too easy >

P.S. The Amber Alert website is down. Democrats took it down, not Republicans. And hypocritically attempting to infer hypocrisy hasn't brought the Amber Alert website back up - nor will it.

There is absolutely no WAY to justify the Amber Alert website going down.

I could see a notice at the top of the website saying updates are suspended; but to simply take it down? That's just mean spirited political bull****.
Minor correction - "There is absolutely no WAY to decently, honorably justify the Amber Alert website going down."

But then, these aren't decent, honorable people either. They're out to inflict as much unnecessary pain as they can to get their way.

The point is Obama and the Dems are cherry-picking what gets shutdown based on what hurts the most and what their interests are.

More than cherry picking though, WHAT they're cherry picking demonstrates just how petty and mean-spirited they really are. And most of it is actually COSTING MORE MONEY in the process.

More than cherry picking though, WHAT they're cherry picking demonstrates just how petty and mean-spirited they really are. And most of it is actually COSTING MORE MONEY in the process.

The Amber Alert? God Help Obama if a child dies because of this! Benghazi for little tots? Very bad move! :thumbdown:

Greetings, EdwinWillers. :2wave:

The Amber Alert? God Help Obama if a child dies because of this! Benghazi for little tots? Very bad move! :thumbdown:
It's what they do though. However it's not so much how they do it [badly], but who they are that determines why they do what they do [being bad, in general].

:2wave:

It's what they do though. However it's not so much how they do it [badly], but who they are that determines why they do what they do [being bad, in general].

:2wave:

Well, we're certainly seeing what the POTUS thinks of the American people! I can't believe his party agrees with this, though, since many of them are up for reelection. This will cause problems for them because people aren't going to forget this display of petulant behavior! :wow:

"He who exercizes no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them." Sun Tzu

In other news:

"Amber Alert website down. GOP.gov and speaker.house.gov are both up."

If the amber alert website was selectively shut down, wouldn't the above just further underline his original point?

God talk about missing the forest for the trees, instead of worrying about the government being shut down we are worried what is and is not being maintained while in a shut down. Instead of worrying about making the shutdown less of a weight, start worrying about ending it.

Well, the way such a shutdown is being managed, and if it's being managed in a way to direct political interests (which evidence here certainly would seem to indicate), would seem more than worth discussing

Well, we're certainly seeing what the POTUS thinks of the American people! I can't believe his party agrees with this, though, since many of them are up for reelection. This will cause problems for them because people aren't going to forget this display of petulant behavior! :wow:

"He who exercizes no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them." Sun Tzu
That ANYONE can agree with them is beyond me. I don't get it. It's thoroughly irrational - but when a people are as thoroughly indoctrinated as we've been the past 90 -100 years, and when rational people who haven't swallowed the indoctrination have basically ceded the discussion to them with little in the way of effective rational rebuttal, this is what you get. Unfortunately, too many fall into their trap, enticed by "free this" and "free that," duped into believing they're victims of anyone with a dollar more than they - this is what you get. :(

So are the GOP's with Mr. Orange face.

So you agree what they are shutting down seems to be selective and possibly meant to drive certain political interests?

If the amber alert website was selectively shut down, wouldn't the above just further underline his original point?
Yes but... well... yes. :mrgreen:

That ANYONE can agree with them is beyond me. I don't get it. It's thoroughly irrational - but when a people are as thoroughly indoctrinated as we've been the past 90 -100 years, and when rational people who haven't swallowed the indoctrination have basically ceded the discussion to them with little in the way of effective rational rebuttal, this is what you get. Unfortunately, too many fall into their trap, enticed by "free this" and "free that," duped into believing they're victims of anyone with a dollar more than they - this is what you get. :(

:agree: Fortunately those who are going along with this will suddenly change their minds when it affects them directly! Does Obama think that non-whites never go to parks, or visit national memorials, or have their children kidnapped? He is so wrong to take this stance of causing as much pain for Americans as possible! This, from the President who is supposed to represent all the people! Unbelievable! :shock:

So you agree what they are shutting down seems to be selective and possibly meant to drive certain political interests?

Yes! It makes little sense otherwise. Amber Alert? :wow: What political interest does that benefit? Pedophiles?

Greetings, Dr. Chuckles. :2wave:

Don't expect a response from him. He, just like redress, likes to jump into the threads I make, take a quick pot-shot, and run away. Their dislike for me is what it's all about, not honest discussion.

Last edited:
What took you so long Pete? I expected you to make excuses for Obama well before page 5.

:doh

"Amber Alert website down. dems.gov and whitehouse.gov and democrats.senate.gov and democrats.org are all up."

< Jeez, this is just too easy >

P.S. The Amber Alert website is down. Democrats took it down, not Republicans. And hypocritically attempting to infer hypocrisy hasn't brought the Amber Alert website back up - nor will it.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone actually took down Amber Alert. It looks more like the server has crashed.

Edit: and as of right now it's up and running as normal.

edit: Holy **** I just noticed the URL trick that Grim did in the OP.

****ing liar. Look, here's the actual website he should be linking.
http://www.amberalert.gov/

WORKS FINE, GRIM.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone actually took down Amber Alert. It looks more like the server has crashed.

Edit: and as of right now it's up and running as normal.

edit: Holy **** I just noticed the URL trick that Grim did in the OP.

****ing liar. Look, here's the actual website he should be linking.
AMBER Alert - America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response

WORKS FINE, GRIM.

It didn't over the weekend, and their reasons were absolutely clear:

AA.jpg

Edit: And btw, that was no trick... That was the website the amber alert website redirected me to... I copied from my browser not realizing it had redirected me.

Last edited:
The link before was a 404 error when I clicked it, not that notification.

So who the hell knows. But it's running now. Now my guess is miscommunication regarding whether or not it was supposed to be down in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom