• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon selling pedophile guide

Actually this reminds me of an episode of SVU that I watched. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I don't think pedophilia is a good thing, but it is a person's actions that I believe in holding them responsible for, not their thoughts.

Now, I do believe that there should be some help for people who can identify themselves as be attracted to children. In the episode I watched of SVU, the kid went to the cops and told them that he was having thoughts about his younger step brother and needed help, and he was told that there was nothing they could do for him until he actually committed a crime. Now, hopefully this isn't how real cops react when someone tells them that they might commit a crime, but I certainly can see it. The thought of someone being attracted to children upsets many people enough that just having such thoughts could be a crime.

As for this book, I hope that there is at least some resources within that give references for getting help, professional help. This seems to me what should be one of the best ways to actually deal with pedophilia thoughts.

What of writing guides to shooting heroin safely. I view it as similar... however this is much more controversial and really unnecessary in my eyes. Essentially... how to more successfully victimize a child rather than be safe abusing a substance. Ick.

What of writing guides to shooting heroin safely. I view it as similar... however this is much more controversial and really unnecessary in my eyes. Essentially... how to more successfully victimize a child rather than be safe abusing a substance. Ick.

Is that actually the content of the book?

I refuse to click the link and read a synopsis :p

From the links so far thats what I gather. Also the testimony of the writer on youtube or wherever.

Is that actually the content of the book?

I refuse to click the link and read a synopsis :p

I'm not sure what the content of the book is anymore. The guy claims to never have messed with a kid, so I assumed that it was how to observe children and get pics or whatever (even typing this makes me cringe), things that would be perfectly legal but still get those people off. It doesn't quite sound that way though from other things that I have read. It does sound more like tips on how to actually do it with kids and get away with it.

It is certainly worth the comments that it gets, I just don't think that it should be censored. That being said, if Amazon doesn't wish to sell it anymore, then that should certainly be their right as well. The guy should be able to get it sold some other ways if it is really that important to him, but it is his responsibility to find that way.

I did read a comment that made me think though that such a book could be useful to those who are actually trying to prevent pedophilia. It may give information on how some pedophiles think and allow law enforcement and parents to be in a better position to protect children from these predators.

I hear on the news it involvs how to kiss and fondle without going to far, its a molestation guide on how to not disturb the kid into telling someone.

What kind of company would agree to publish this sort of thing? :confused:

What kind of company would agree to publish this sort of thing? :confused:

It was self-published. He probably bought the equipment (a printing press, I guess, not sure what exactly is needed to publish a book) on his own and did it himself.

It was self-published. He probably bought the equipment (a printing press, I guess, not sure what exactly is needed to publish a book) on his own and did it himself.

From what I have seen the author used a company that is a member of a group of companies owned by Amazon.
If anybody has info to dispute that, please post. I'm reading that any self-publishing company associated with Amazon is allowed to then sell any books on Amazon.

From what I have seen the author used a company that is a member of a group of companies owned by Amazon.
If anybody has info to dispute that, please post. I'm reading that any self-publishing company associated with Amazon is allowed to then sell any books on Amazon.

I think it was actually just an e-book. No printing necessary then. So much misleading info or missing info in this story.

I think it was actually just an e-book. No printing necessary then. So much misleading info or missing info in this story.

Thanks. I knew it was an ebook but from what I saw Amazon is affiliated with the site the author used, so the book would have been sold by Amazon automatically.

I agree, though, about the misinformation. From the book actually being a tactic for an FBI sting operation to catch pedophiles (?) to the whole scene being a hoax - who knows???

Thanks. I knew it was an ebook but from what I saw Amazon is affiliated with the site the author used, so the book would have been sold by Amazon automatically.

I agree, though, about the misinformation. From the book actually being a tactic for an FBI sting operation to catch pedophiles (?) to the whole scene being a hoax - who knows???

Ah. Yeah, but he could always use another site. I do think that Amazon should be consistent with what they censor or decide not to sell, but it should ultimately be their choice.

Back
Top Bottom