• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon has a chance to overturn union vote at Staten Island warehouse

gdgyva

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) earned a crucial hearing that could overturn the union election at a company warehouse in New York City.

The development happened after the e-commerce giant complained to the National Labor Relations Board that the Brooklyn office intimidated workers to vote in their favor.

NLRB director Cornele Overstreet said the evidence behind Amazon's claims "could be grounds for overturning the election," according to a filing on the matter. Amazon (AMZN) and the union can start to present testimony on May 23 in process that could take weeks before a formal hearing will be scheduled.

About 55% of employees who voted Amazon's JFK8 warehouse in Staten Island favored joining the Amazon Labor Union in a bid for higher pay and job security. The union vote rocked the retail sector and reset some analyst expectations on Amazon.

It appears that Amazon is still fighting the unions.....and will continue the fight

And even if they lose this hearing, i guarantee Bezos isnt done.....

He doesnt want unions anywhere near his companies.....

Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) earned a crucial hearing that could overturn the union election at a company warehouse in New York City.

The development happened after the e-commerce giant complained to the National Labor Relations Board that the Brooklyn office intimidated workers to vote in their favor.

NLRB director Cornele Overstreet said the evidence behind Amazon's claims "could be grounds for overturning the election," according to a filing on the matter. Amazon (AMZN) and the union can start to present testimony on May 23 in process that could take weeks before a formal hearing will be scheduled.

About 55% of employees who voted Amazon's JFK8 warehouse in Staten Island favored joining the Amazon Labor Union in a bid for higher pay and job security. The union vote rocked the retail sector and reset some analyst expectations on Amazon.

It appears that Amazon is still fighting the unions.....and will continue the fight

He wants no unions as does Starbucks. However the workers get a vote. From what I understand it is less about pay and more about workplace activities and how workers are scheduled.

This is a good lesson that corporations should listen to the concerns of workers. To the extent they have valid concerns get them fixed so workers feel there is no need for a union.

I get a nice chunk of money from Amazon every month so I stand with Jeff (even though he's not running the company anymore). Down with unions!

Hail Bezos! 🤩

1651599463407.png

Back
Top Bottom