• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon employees hospitalized after bear repellent canister explodes in New Jersey warehouse

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...es-hospitalized-after-bear-repellent-canister

At least 17 workers at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey have been hospitalized after a bear repellent canister fell off a shelf and sprayed them.

Nearly 80 workers in total are being treated by emergency responders at the warehouse in Robbinsville, N.J., for difficulty breathing and burning in the eyes due to the repellant, according to the North Jersey Record.
=======================================
Bear repellent is nasty stuff. It is an aerosol container filled with 2% oleoresin of capsicum—a waxlike extract of hot pepper in a proprietary carrier solvent & a Freon-like propellant.
See https://www.outsideonline.com/2115456/whats-bear-spray

One time when me and a couple of mates were super, super drunk we decided to fire off one that was about to expire, just for ****s and giggles, yeah, probably should have really thought about wind direction at that moment, wasn't particularly pleasant so I indeed, very much sympathize with those affected by this incident.

One time when me and a couple of mates were super, super drunk we decided to fire off one that was about to expire, just for ****s and giggles, yeah, probably should have really thought about wind direction at that moment, wasn't particularly pleasant so I indeed, very much sympathize with those affected by this incident.

The Feds regulate this active ingredient because it is so toxic. I believe the same stuff is used in pepper spray.

The Feds regulate this active ingredient because it is so toxic. I believe the same stuff is used in pepper spray.

It is, but at much higher concentrations

Look for Amazon to now stop selling it "In an abundance of caution".

More and more we dont attempt to overcome, we instead give up.

Aren’t there restrictions on shipping some of these types of products?

This is outrageous. People are complaining about hiring illegal immigrants while some companies hire bears.

Aren’t there restrictions on shipping some of these types of products?

Probably, especially in the USPS. But the Amazon listing for bear spray does not mention any restrictions on shipping.

This story made the ABC evening news tonight. Apparently the accident that caused the can to rupture involved a robotic inventory transfer cart. The brief shot of the inside of this fulfillment center showed nothing but these carts moving around. A picture of our future already here.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...es-hospitalized-after-bear-repellent-canister

At least 17 workers at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey have been hospitalized after a bear repellent canister fell off a shelf and sprayed them.

Nearly 80 workers in total are being treated by emergency responders at the warehouse in Robbinsville, N.J., for difficulty breathing and burning in the eyes due to the repellant, according to the North Jersey Record.
Bear repellent is nasty stuff. It is an aerosol container filled with 2% oleoresin of capsicum—a waxlike extract of hot pepper in a proprietary carrier solvent & a Freon-like propellant.

I had some fun two years ago and got a part time gig at Amazon for the Christmas season: it can be a real ****ed up place. I guarantee that someone got fired over that. It's reported that a machine did it: I'm sure it got caught in a belt line, but Amazon wants the volume, so someone got fired.

Look for Amazon to now stop selling it "In an abundance of caution".

More and more we dont attempt to overcome, we instead give up.

I love when people invent wild **** and then whine about it as if it's already happened.

I thought Americans were tougher than this..

The brief shot of the inside of this fulfillment center showed nothing but these carts moving around. A picture of our future already here.
Nothing wrong with that. Just indoctrinate more into homosexuality and the population will drop by attrition.

Nothing wrong with that. Just indoctrinate more into homosexuality and the population will drop by attrition.

Bahahahah you're one of those too!?

One of what? All for reducing the population? Yep, sure am.

No I mean one of those people who thinks homosexuality is something you can "indoctrinate" someone into.

No I mean one of those people who thinks homosexuality is something you can "indoctrinate" someone into.
Humans are trainable.
Can you show that a person can not be indoctrinated into homosexuality?
I bet you can't.

If a person can be indoctrinated into becoming a sissy (to/for men) and then accepts and enjoys that life style, the same could surely be done without the sissy part.
Do you doubt this?

I bought bear spray from Amazon last year. I work security at my college and there was a bear scare at one of the campuses. I still carry it to this day. Also, on a related note, I got pepper sprayed at the police academy so I know how they feel. Granted, I think they overreacted by calling the hospital. There isn't much you can do other than rinsing your eyes with water and suck it up for about 40 minutes.

Humans are trainable.
I bet you can't.

If a person can be indoctrinated into becoming a sissy (to/for men) and then accepts and enjoys that life style, the same could surely be done without the sissy part.
Do you doubt this?

That's not how the burden of proof works.

I don't know what you think "becoming a sissy" has to do with homosexuality.

That's not how the burden of proof works.

I don't know what you think "becoming a sissy" has to do with homosexuality.
You are deflecting.
Again.
Humans are trainable.
I bet you can't.
No you can not show a person can not be indoctrinated, because some are.

I also see you are deflecting from specific kind of sissy I referenced. They became homosexuals.

You are deflecting.
Again.
Humans are trainable.
I bet you can't.
No you can not show a person can not be indoctrinated, because some are.

I also see you are deflecting from specific kind of sissy I referenced. They became homosexuals.

Prove that my invisible dragon pet doesn't exist. You can't show that, can you?

I can't prove a negative. Nobody has ever been "indoctrinated" into homosexuality. The proof is that you are unable to present one single case.

Nothing wrong with that. Just 1) indoctrinate more into homosexuality and 2) the population will drop by attrition.

That's a twofer of incredibly lame nonsense. Congrats!

Who the **** is tougher than a bear?

Apparently not Americans... I know a bunch of Kiwis and Ukrainians that are though...

I bought bear spray from Amazon last year. I work security at my college and there was a bear scare at one of the campuses. I still carry it to this day. Also, on a related note, I got pepper sprayed at the police academy so I know how they feel. Granted, I think they overreacted by calling the hospital. There isn't much you can do other than rinsing your eyes with water and suck it up for about 40 minutes.

The hospital was CYA by Amazon. Places of business routinely send accident victims to seek medical treatment for what at home you would just "walk it off"

Back
Top Bottom