• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon employees hospitalized after bear repellent canister explodes in New Jersey warehouse

Deciding the be a victim rather than sucking it up and driving on and in the process getting paid for hours or days of not working however they might. This is not Tesla where factory workers routinely suck it up and drive on because they believe in the mission, and their leader.

EDIT: See, I can say nice things about Musk....when he earns it.

I want you to empty an entire can of bear repellent around yourself and then decide whether a hospital visit is potentially warranted.

I want you to empty an entire can of bear repellent around yourself and then decide whether a hospital visit is potentially warranted.

"Dont question/doubt the victims!"....That has a lot to do with how America became such a wreck so I pass.

"Dont question/doubt the victims!"....That has a lot to do with how America became such a wreck so I pass.

Lying about what people said? Yeah, that's a problem. So why are you doing it?

Which would release the entire contents, far more than typical exposure. That level of exposure could potentially cause permanent damage.

Not unless you have some rare disorder or allergy.

Well, I got pepper sprayed in the police academy. Didn't need a hospital visit. In fact, I had to fight through it and complete an obstacle course.

Well, I got pepper sprayed in the police academy. Didn't need a hospital visit. In fact, I had to fight through it and complete an obstacle course.

I once touched a hot stove and I lived so being on fire isn't a big deal jeez.

This is outrageous. People are complaining about hiring illegal immigrants while some companies hire bears.

How many of those bears crossed illegally from Canada? Some, I'm sure, are good bears. Build the wall! And one all along the coasts too!

I've been in a room with it so thick could barely see my hand in front of my face. Took a lung-full and then walked out of the room. Got hit with more outside. At Sand Hill. Not so bad. I'd rather be gassed than hungry.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...es-hospitalized-after-bear-repellent-canister

At least 17 workers at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey have been hospitalized after a bear repellent canister fell off a shelf and sprayed them.

Nearly 80 workers in total are being treated by emergency responders at the warehouse in Robbinsville, N.J., for difficulty breathing and burning in the eyes due to the repellant, according to the North Jersey Record.
=======================================
Bear repellent is nasty stuff. It is an aerosol container filled with 2% oleoresin of capsicum—a waxlike extract of hot pepper in a proprietary carrier solvent & a Freon-like propellant.
See https://www.outsideonline.com/2115456/whats-bear-spray
Incidents like this is why I'm not crazy about Amazon sending their automated drones to my front door. I saw one recently advertised on a cable TV Amazon commercial, saw the exposed props spinning away as it landed on the front step, and immediately figured my dog is toast! :doh

Did you go to the hospital for it? Plus, the two aren't comparable. One can cause infection and permanent scarring, the other has been deemed as a less than lethal means to subdue a suspect, or in this case, bears.

Back
Top Bottom