• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amateur Wrestling — 2021

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
OTT’s — Olympic Team Trials — tonight and tomorrow night on NBCSN and the Peacock Network from 7:30-11:00 Eastern.

Finals of the Olympic Team Trials now starting on NBCSN. Best two-of-three. Marquee matchup has Burroughs 🆚 Dake at 74kg.

NBCSN refusing to show a double-box so we can see the most marketable of the 18 winners, Gable Steveson at HWT, who just won by tech fall.

Another missed opportunity by the Peacock Network to pump their pay-per-view Olympics coverage.

Dake and Burroughs — Dake wins 3-0 in first of three. NBCSN leaves two matches going while going to break.

Last edited:
NBCSN and the Peacock Network refusing to show another great freestyle match to push their pay-per-view. ****ing A$$holes

Expect to miss most of the great parts of the Olympics this summer unless you’re willing to pay Peacock Network.

Tonight, NBC$N has refused to show a multi-screen and won’t show you every match from start to finish.

@radioman theopenmat is an excellent link for amateur wrestling — women’s wrestling is exploding at all levels

College Wrestling at 8 eastern on the Big Ten Channel. Olympic Gold Medalist Steveson for MIN; 197 NCAA champion Ferrari for OK ST. Dual meet #2 OK ST at #16 MIN.

@radioman
Big Ten wrestling double dual tonight on the Big Ten channel. Michigan and Ohio State at 4:00 your time. Michigan moves up to #2/#3 with Iowa after Iowa’s Spencer Lee goes down at 125 with a knee.

Iowa crowd gives Minnesota HWT Gable Steveson a standing ovation in that dual, recognizing him winning the Olympics. College wrestling is the only real competition he can get. He’s on in the 2nd dual.

college wrestling B10 network; Bulls getting their asses kicked by Warriors on w$pn; nhl channel; nba channel; on split tv; no politics

@radioman
Big Ten wrestling double dual tonight on the Big Ten channel. Michigan and Ohio State at 4:00 your time. Michigan moves up to #2/#3 with Iowa after Iowa’s Spencer Lee goes down at 125 with a knee.

Iowa crowd gives Minnesota HWT Gable Steveson a standing ovation in that dual, recognizing him winning the Olympics. College wrestling is the only real competition he can get. He’s on in the 2nd dual.
Steveson can still wrestle collegiately after signing a contract with WWE?
I'm surprised that the NIL rules allow this.
Not saying it's wrong........ I'm just surprised.
I wonder if he can defend his gold medal in 2024?

Yes on NIL for Gable. He’s a great draw for the future. The 2024 Olympics aren’t that far away, after the 4-24 total eclipse along an Indy to Cleveland line.

Gable’s getting seven minutes of work in most times out. It remains to be seen how much our high school wrestling got hurt compared to right-wing states.

See post #12. Big dual with Penn State at Michigan tomorrow top two teams followed by Iowa at Ohio State. I do watch some college hockey.

Big MMA card this weekend. There’s certainly a great link between college wrestling and MMA, as we see with Olympic HWT champ Steveson (MIN) and his NIL.

#9 Ohio State hosting #2 or #3 Iowa atm on the BIG Network. Penn State overwhelmed #3 or #2 Michigan earlier. The next two months are folk-style titles in high school and college.

UFC 270 tomorrow night

High School tournaments in Iowa and Illinois on Thursday thru Saturday this weekend. It was quite the dangerous drive down to Champaign yesterday.

search trackwrestling

Many wrestlers I’m speaking with are relating the discussions high school seniors are having of taking a gap year. They know they’re not ready for the big-time university. I’m mentioning juco/commco

9 high school wrestlers in the Super Bowl—our tournament is this weekend with Iowa’s and several other states—trackwrestling is great for brackets—I’ll be at the big ten tournament in two weeks—and at home in four weeks for nationals at Detroit

9 high school wrestlers in the Super Bowl—our tournament is this weekend with Iowa’s and several other states—trackwrestling is great for brackets—I’ll be at the big ten tournament in two weeks—and at home in four weeks for nationals at Detroit
Our section finals are tomorrow in Stockton.
Top six qualify for state next week in Bakersfield.
I will probably go to sections, but will skip the state meet.
Just not much into sports this year.
Plus, just returned from a semi-business trip to Chico, so I'm not really wanting to drive anywhere.
Pretty interesting museum in Oroville.......https://boltsantiquetools.com/
Unbelievable collection of old-school tools.
Some of these implements must have weighed a hundred pounds or more.
Just lifting them would have been a great workout.
The tools were mostly made of iron, but back in the day, the people using the tools must have been made of steel.

Plus, just returned from a semi-business trip to Chico, so I'm not really wanting to drive anywhere.
The tools were mostly made of iron, but back in the day, the people using the tools must have been made of steel.
ACCN on at this moment along with big10. No masks allowed in Lincoln, Nebraska hosting Iowa.

Last duals before conference tournaments next weekend. PAC12 station has a dual at noon tomorrow your time. ASU has your tournament.

How did your HS’s go?

4 of the last 6 wrestlers at 184, 197, 285 in this IA/NE dual are from Illinois. We fell behind by a year due to Covid. Red states did not constrict. Blue did.

Conference in two weeks for D1. Detroit has Nationals 3 weeks from Thursday. I’ll be pushing for 215 at college.

Electric in Lincoln as the meet comes down to 285 on the BTN.

Day one is done here in Lincoln, Nebraska. Haven’t checked the other six conference tournaments yet. Just glad to be out of the arena parking garage and in a pub near my motel. I’m staying away from the Iowa people.

Getting tired seeing all of our Illinois kids wrestling elsewhere. Illinois finally started an RTC which attracted at least one in-state recruit so far.

Nationals in two weeks on the e$pn family of networks. Later …

Back
Top Bottom