• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Am I Alone Here?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There is so much crapola being posted in the time since the media called the election for Biden/Harris. I cannot follow all of it and I will scroll to the end of a thread because I just cannot keep up if I follow the entire posting timeline..........is it just me?

There is so much crapola being posted in the time since the media called the election for Biden/Harris. I cannot follow all of it and I will scroll to the end of a thread because I just cannot keep up if I follow the entire posting timeline..........is it just me?

I am here with you. I don't post as much as I used to for the same reason.

And you just added to the crapola. :rolleyes:

I have taken to starting a reply full-Poe then proceeding to the ridiculous and signing the post...

Q 2024!

(Bonus points if you include actual Q content!)

And as joko still has a post of mine in his sig about being OK with a 90% decrease in world population, I have had a couple of opportunities to work that into a reply.

In other words, there's not much we can do and they are literally not capable of hearing what we're saying just say anything. The more ridiculous the better. Have fun with it.

Because it's going to go on for weeks, maybe months or years.

You should just stop posting.

no. once it becomes entirely apparent that Tweety can't overturn his loss, the focus will become trying to paint Biden as even worse and more corrupt than Mango. that's how CT works.

You should just stop posting.
You’ve been here, what, a week? Advice is worth what you pay for it!

Work on that roundhouse kick, Chuck/Billy!

I predicted 4 and and half years ago that Trump would be the ruin of these discussion boards. He's just a manifestation of right-wing insanity, of course, but he has really brought to the fore.

You're definitely not alone.
The key to how the whole Trump Train works IS chaos.
Spew enough chaos out there and you end up burying everyone, to the point where they can't digest.
It's like trying to fill a teacup with a firehose at 200 psi.

I predicted 4 and and half years ago that Trump would be the ruin of these discussion boards. He's just a manifestation of right-wing insanity, of course, but he has really brought to the fore.

It only "ruins" the boards if (A) you allow them the same status as people who are seriously interested in debate and (B) if you forget who you are.
Adjust your crown and never forget that you come from a line of people who actually came to a place like this to learn and discuss, not "score points" on some tribal totem pole.
You're not here to engage in reward seeking behavior, you're here to actually argue.

Look up ”irony!”

I am all talked out with those people. (example: @Mycroft)

Take a regular con, like for instance @cpwill, @Felis Leo, --- yeah I know I know, I keep dragging those two up, but there's at least thirty or forty well known cons here regularly who actually use their brains.
I'll talk to them all day long.
I learn from them....ALL DAY LONG!
We both get something out of it....ALL DAY LONG! :cool:

My old buddy from another forum @NWRatCon, says he started OUT as a conservative.
I'd say it's reasonable to conclude he still has plenty of conservative values mixed in among his outlook but I don't spend much time worrying if he's a con or a lib, he's just NWRatCon, which by the way is supposed to mean NorthWest Rational Constitutionalist...I think. ( I may have gotten that wrong - he'll probably set it straight)

The signal to noise ratio on all discussion boards has suffered because it's the reality TV effect, it's the effect of TrumpCon in action. Millions of people who have never had a rational political discussion in their entire lives are now inspired to get out there and "give everyone WHAT FOR" without even considering the actual concept of rational discourse at all.
That isn't what they are here to do, because for one thing, they never learned how and they did not get inspired to come to do that in the first place.
They think they've come here to "kick some ass" and "make libtards cry" and that's all they know.

People are trying to have conversations and they think they came to play running back in a football game.

You would never see the kick coming! LOL ;)

My money says that Billy Jack would have ****ed up Chuck Norris.........🤷

Nearly half the country thinks like him. That is a problem for America and the incoming president.
and half like Biden.

My take. the public and Congress needs to quit the partisan bs. We better find a way to work together. Both sides are starting to bother me for their inability to accept different views.

No. I have given up trying to keep pace with events. I'm very close to just hibernating until Spring.

I am all talked out with those people. (example: @Mycroft)

Take a regular con, like for instance @cpwill, @Felis Leo, --- yeah I know I know, I keep dragging those two up, but there's at least thirty or forty well known cons here regularly who actually use their brains.
I'll talk to them all day long.
I learn from them....ALL DAY LONG!
We both get something out of it....ALL DAY LONG! :cool:

My old buddy from another forum @NWRatCon, says he started OUT as a conservative.
I'd say it's reasonable to conclude he still has plenty of conservative values mixed in among his outlook but I don't spend much time worrying if he's a con or a lib, he's just NWRatCon, which by the way is supposed to mean NorthWest Rational Constitutionalist...I think. ( I may have gotten that wrong - he'll probably set it straight)

The signal to noise ratio on all discussion boards has suffered because it's the reality TV effect, it's the effect of TrumpCon in action. Millions of people who have never had a rational political discussion in their entire lives are now inspired to get out there and "give everyone WHAT FOR" without even considering the actual concept of rational discourse at all.
That isn't what they are here to do, because for one thing, they never learned how and they did not get inspired to come to do that in the first place.
They think they've come here to "kick some ass" and "make libtards cry" and that's all they know.

People are trying to have conversations and they think they came to play running back in a football game.
You are correct in all particulars, my friend. I have good discussions with Felis Leo and cpwill as well, because they, like we, are willing to be persuaded. My ignore list is filled with partisans who merely come on here to spew bile and nonsense and I have no tolerance for that (even from Mods and Dungeon-dwellers I cannot "ignore"). There are a number of new idiots that get ignored after their first few posts. That has helped me weed out a lot of crap and allowed me to keep perspective and not waste time. I will occasionally view a post others have responded to, and very occasionally put in my two cents, but I find it only encourages them to direct further idiocy at me even after I have politely invited them not to. If I were able to avoid sanctions, I'd list the most excreble to warn others.

:( Truth. our political discussion has gotten tribal and stupid by people who think they are engaging in "combat" ( :rolleyes: ) rather than talking over complex issues with fellow, adult, Americans.

:( Truth. our political discussion has gotten tribal and stupid by people who think they are engaging in "combat" ( :rolleyes: ) rather than talking over complex issues with fellow, adult, Americans.

I just wish there were more opportunities for people on both sides to do some horse trading.
The entire history of lawcraft in this country revolved around horse trading, each side gets some of what they want, and the two sides have to shake hands and treat each other with respect.

and half like Biden.
That's a little generous. I don't believe more than half the country voted for Biden because they like him, I think he got so many votes because people like that he isn't Trump.

That's a little generous. I don't believe more than half the country voted for Biden because they like him, I think he got so many votes because people like that he isn't Trump.
Bottom line for me.
Won more EC votes than Trump. Trump lost.

I'll split the difference with you because there's a little more to it.
Of the people who voted Biden out of a desire to vote against Trump, even most of those people do not despise Biden. He was not my first choice by a longshot.

But I was still willing to help him with my vote because he's a decent person, and he appears to be willing to evolve some, even as an old man. Biden is not an ideologue, he's a pragmatist.
To me, pragmatism is essential. If I don't like how Biden applies HIS pragmatism on a certain issue, it doesn't mean I'm done with pragmatism, it just means I would have gone another route.

But in the end what this country needs right now are pragmatists.
We are going to need to make a lot of things work very quickly.

Some of us are not Americans.

Back
Top Bottom