• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Am I a Redneck

Am I a Redneck?

• yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear Mods,

This is a politics forum, right? It's my understanding that a category was set up for off topic threads. Would this be one of those?

This is the polls forum where all polls go.

KCConservative said:
Dear Mods,

This is a politics forum, right? It's my understanding that a category was set up for off topic threads. Would this be one of those?
apparently not.:roll:

steen said:
This is the polls forum where all polls go.
Well, you got a point there. I suppose this is where it belongs, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

I posted it to see who the rednecks are here. I know there are a lot of them. But they won't admit it.

saffron said:
I posted it to see who the rednecks are here. I know there are a lot of them. But they won't admit it.

This is called "trolling".

You need to get with Billo. He's a lot better at it than you.

M14 Shooter said:
This is called "trolling".

You need to get with Billo. He's a lot better at it than you.
Is this your way of admitting that you are a redneck? :rofl

galenrox said:
:smash: [mod mode]
No, KC's right, this doesn't belong here, I'm moving it to the Off Topic forum [/mod mode]

For a change. ;)

What is a redneck? What defines a Redneck? This isn't rhetorical, I don't know what redneck is except to use it as an insult. :mrgreen:

GarzaUK said:
What is a redneck? What defines a Redneck? This isn't rhetorical, I don't know what redneck is except to use it as an insult. :mrgreen:
It's a person (male or female but usually a male) who either lives in the southern states of the U.S. or grew up there and then moves somewhere else later. They usually don't have much respect for women. They own a lot of guns and brag about it. They drink a lot of beer or moonshine whiskey. They are very uneducated. They speak in a southern drawl. They are white, and usually hate gays and blacks. They are momma's boys. Sometimes they live in trailers.

saffron said:
It's a person (male or female but usually a male) who either lives in the southern states of the U.S. or grew up there and then moves somewhere else later. They usually don't have much respect for women. They own a lot of guns and brag about it. They drink a lot of beer or moonshine whiskey. They are very uneducated. They speak in a southern drawl. They are white, and usually hate gays and blacks. They are momma's boys. Sometimes they live in trailers.

:rofl

You Might Be A Redneck If . . .

. . . you were acquitted for murdering your first wife after she threw out your Elvis 45’s.

. . . you think watching professional wrestling is foreplay.

. . . your front porch collapses and four dogs get killed.

. . . you no longer drink wine ever since the screw cap got caught up your nose.

. . . you think that Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.

. . . that billboard that says, “Say No To Crack” reminds you to pull up your jeans.

. . . your wife’s hairdo was ever ruined by a ceiling fan.

. . . you go to your family reunions looking for a date.

. . . you think a Volvo is part of a woman’s anatomy.

. . . your Junior/Senior Prom had a Daycare.

. . . you’ve got more than three cousins named “Bubba”.

. . . you have an Elvis Jell-O mold.

. . . taking your wife on a cruise means circling the Dairy Queen.

. . . you’ve got more than one other named “Darryl”.

. . . you ever won first prize in a tobacco spittin’ contest.

. . . on Thanksgiving Day you have to decide which pet to eat.

. . . you’ve ever come home and found crime scene tape across your front porch.

. . . your favorite entree is Spam barbecued on the grill.

. . . your child’s first words were, “Attention K-Mart shoppers!”.

. . . your idea of high-quality entertainment is a six-pack and a bug-zapper.

. . . your whole family is Democrats except little Mary. She got to readin’.

americanwoman said:
:rofl

. . . your whole family is Democrats except little Mary. She got to readin’.
My dad is a redneck and he is a Republican, even though he didn't vote in the last election. He said his name wasn't on the voter list when he got there. He is an educated redneck.

Yah, I'm not a redneck, but my dad is a little bit redneck. Everyone in my family is Irish. Nobody on my mother's side is a redneck. But my dad has serious redneck roots, like backwoods, potato, black-eyed peas, fried chicken and corned bread with moonshine-whiskey-for-dinner kinda redneck. My aunts (the onew who haven't died yet) sit around all day picking beans and gossiping in a shack with no electricity. And they are all toothless. And I can't understand one word that comes out of their mouths.:shock: :3oops: I am embarrassed.

saffron said:

We have some people similar back in the UK - pikeys or the politically correct term is Irish travellers. These Irish people are like nomads, travel from place to place around the country, leaving rubbish along our countryside as they go. They are hard as f**K (bare knuckle boxing is there main sport). You can't understand what they are saying, they try a scam you all the time. And all the characteristics above.

GarzaUK said:
We have some people similar back in the UK - pikeys or the politically correct term is Irish travellers. These Irish people are like nomads, travel from place to place around the country, leaving rubbish along our countryside as they go. They are hard as f**K (bare knuckle boxing is there main sport). You can't understand what they are saying, they try a scam you all the time. And all the characteristics above.
Some of them have come to the US and they travel in 'bands' and scam for 'home improvement' work, like taking money to paint your house, doing a half-fast job and skipping town. It was a big deal here a few years ago and the public was warned that if anyone with an Irish accent and a pick-up truck with a windowed cap tries to solicit home repair work, call the authorities. They basically left this area entirely.

GarzaUK said:
Here they are called gypsies. I don't know of any personally. But a couple years ago, there was an Irish gypsy woman who was seen on a dept. store's video camera just beating the heck out of her little girl outside in the parking lot. She was arrested and jailed. It was all over the news, and very sickening, as the media replayed the video over and over. She turned out to be from Ireland and part of a gang of gypsies.:doh

saffron said:
I kind of take offense to some of those statements. We don't all talk with a southern drawl or have bigotted views or are uneducated or live in trailers. Your 'definition' smacks of snobbery.
I'm a 'piney'-a NJ redneck. Born in and around the Pinelands, lowerclass to middleclass people. To offset your negative connotations, allow me to interject with some positive ones.
Strong sense of loyalty to family and those they call friends. If you are a friend, you are gold to them.
Easy to laugh. Life is to enjoy and regardless of their lot it life, they strive to enjoy it.
Self-sufficient. They know hard work has value. Now, some of the wives might sit home, but they are expected to pull their weight there.
Resourceful. That heap of trash in the side yard gets picked through because something 'might be of use someday'.:mrgreen:

Redneck, lover of NASCAR and proud of it!

I saw this the other day on rednecks. I don't agree with the Gorbi & John wayne bit or the American Pride bit for that matter.

What this world needs is a few more rednecks
Some people ain’t afraid to take a stand
What this world needs is a little more respect
For the Lord and the law and the working man
We could use a little peace and satisfaction
Some good people up front to take the lead
A little less talk and a little more action
And a few more rednecks is what we need

I was raised on beans and cornbread
And I like my chicken fried
And yes I drive a pickup truck and I’m full of American pride
I keep a Bible on my table and a flag out on my lawn
And I don’t believe in minding no one’s business but my own
Now I love them Rambo movies
I think they make a lot of sense
And it’s a shame old John Wayne didn’t live to run for President
And I don’t care what nobody says I don’t trust old Gorbachev
And I don’t know who turned him on, it’s time to turn him off

Now they’re trying to take my guns away
And that would be just fine
If you’ll take them away from the criminals first
I’ll gladly give you mine
And I don’t mind paying taxes, but it makes my temper itch
When my hard earned money goes to make some politician rich
What most people call a redneck ain’t nothing but a working man
He earns his living by the sweat of his brow
And the callouses on his hands
Now you intellectuals make not like it
But there’s a whole lot more of us common folks
Than there ever will be of you

by Charlie Daniels

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
f**k a trailer f**k everybody
F**k yall if you doubt me, I'm a piece of f**kin white trash I
say it proudly

[mod mode]

:smash:

TOT, I know you're eager to prove your redneck-ness, but let's keep the foulness in the basement where it belongs. Thanks

[/mod mode]

Back
Top Bottom