• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Am I a feminist?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think if women are as capable of doing a job as a man, and with the same competence, they should be paid the same. There is however a physical difference in men and women and a difference in the way they address problems.
Women are better at some things, men are better at other things. Equal, but different.
Christ, does that make me a feminist?

I think if women are as capable of doing a job as a man, and with the same competence, they should be paid the same. There is however a physical difference in men and women and a difference in the way they address problems.
Women are better at some things, men are better at other things. Equal, but different.
Are you seriously proposing a separate but equal argument? Really?

Only you know if you're a feminist.

Give us an example of what you mean?
Do you agree that women have a different way of looking at things than men? I mean, have you ever watched toddlers play?

Do you agree that women have a different way of looking at things than men? I mean, have you ever watched toddlers play?
I am not following you here. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I think it's pretty well agreed that women, in general, approach problems differently. I believe they've even found a slight difference in brain structure that might account for it. I don't know how that makes you a feminist, though. Or what it has to do with pay.

If being a feminist means I want everybody to be treated equally, then count me in.
If it means I have to sit there and keep my mouth shut while a woman tells me all men are pigs and orders me to ask like a sissy so she can feel empowered, I want nothing to do with it.

You sound sexist

no-----you said that, not I. His words used sound sexist, in and of themselves.
If a man says men and women are different he is sexist.
If a woman says men and women are different she is a social justice feminist warrior.

There are extremists and goombahs on both sides of any issue. If we choose to listen to them we can come up with some pretty warped ideas with which to slam the opposition. But they are shallow and meaningless arguments.

There are extremists and goombahs on both sides of any issue. If we choose to listen to them we can come up with some pretty warped ideas with which to slam the opposition. But they are shallow and meaningless arguments.
I always like it when someone is critical of extremists "on both sides of any issue".
I always like it when someone mentions goombahs too.
I don't know why but I like to say that word. "Goooombahhh"

I always like it when someone is critical of extremists "on both sides of any issue".
An excellent word, right?

Hey Mary, it's looking like this thread is not going to be as fun as the one where the older feminist women in the 60s told younger women to dress properly.

One of the reasons I didn't pursue post graduate studies was the feminist critiques of English Lit that I read as a 'teaser' in my senior year. People can really get WAY out there. I am certainly an advocate for women but I'm way too moderate for a lot of the theory that's been written out there. Some of it is spot on; we need to question a lot of our assumptions and traditions, though.

Hey Mary, it's looking like this thread is not going to be as fun as the one where the older feminist women in the 60s told younger women to dress properly.
Don't know what you're talking about.

Don't know what you're talking about.
Woops, sorry. I guess you weren't in on it.
Since women are sexually objectified by society so much we debated if they should dress more conservatively or not......so men pay more attention to their brain and less to their bodies.

Sounds as if you are somebody, who sees things as they actually are.....yes, women and men deserve equal pay, and of course there are physical differences between men and women. Who in their right mind can't see that? And of course men and women see things from different perspectives, because naturally being different, men and women.....it is how it is, ain't it?

I think a feminist wants to twist this natural order into a perverted sense.....to make women more masculine and make men more feminine.....not for me, I'll stick to the natural order of things.

Dint bother reading the OP as the answer to the thread title is an obvious NO!

Back
Top Bottom