• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alvin Bragg sworn in as Manhattan DA, taking over Trump case

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

Alvin Bragg has already notched one historic first, taking office Saturday as Manhattan’s first Black district attorney. Now he’s weighing another: whether to make Donald Trump the first former president ever charged with a crime.

As district attorney, Bragg inherited an investigation into Trump and his business practices from his predecessor, Cyrus Vance Jr., who declined to seek reelection last year after 12 years in the high-profile job.
After weeks of speculation about whether Vance would close his tenure with a bang by indicting Trump, the former D.A. has passed that decision to Bragg, a 48-year-old civil rights lawyer and former federal prosecutor who was sworn in at a private ceremony, in part because of COVID-19 concerns.

Bragg told CNN last month that he’ll be directly involved in the Trump matter. He also said he has asked the two veteran prosecutors who led the case under Vance — general counsel Carey Dunne and former mafia prosecutor Mark Pomerantz — to stay on and see it through.
What's not mentioned in the article is that Bragg helped successfully get Trump on one grift. When he was a state prosecutor, he helped bring a successful civil case against the Trump Foundation, in which Trump personally acknowledged illegally misusing charitable funds.

I'm guessing we'll hear about it in a few days when trump has his hate, oops, press conference to vomit his venom on his and america's enemies.

Alvin Bragg Is the Right Choice to Be Manhattan's District Attorney | The  Nation

I'm guessing we'll hear about it in a few days when trump has his hate, oops, press conference to vomit his venom on his and america's enemies.
And to announce he is running , which will throw the GOP potential candidates into disarray.

And to announce he is running , which will throw the GOP potential candidates into disarray.
I seriously doubt it and if he does I think it's just another of his lies. He wouldn't dare risk another loss and be known as a loser. That is his worst fear. One thing is for sure, he still has the gop by the balls and they still aren't sure if they should denounce him or not?

I seriously doubt it and if he does I think it's just another of his lies. He wouldn't dare risk another loss and be known as a loser. That is his worst fear. One thing is for sure, he still has the gop by the balls and they still aren't sure if they should denounce him or not?
Just because he announces it, and starts a donation campaign, doesn't mean he will actually RUN in the end.
He'll collect his millions in donations, and then reconsider.

Just because he announces it, and starts a donation campaign, doesn't mean he will actually RUN in the end.
He'll collect his millions in donations, and then reconsider.
Now that sounds more like the DJT I know.

Perhaps he’ll bellow his way into an indictment.

After all, he blustered his way into a government shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom