• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Although a TERRIBLE TRAGEDY, I miss the country’s unity after 9/11.

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I mean people on both sides of the aisle were united. We all loved our country. There was no America bashing, even from the majority of the media. All races were unified and not blaming one another. American flags constantly sold out at stores. I wish certain people didn’t do what they did to break us apart a little later. It seems many people have forgotten what happened back then. We need to be unified again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean people on both sides of the aisle were united. We all loved our country. There was no America bashing, even from the majority of the media. All races were unified and not blaming one another. American flags constantly sold out at stores. I wish certain people didn’t do what they did to break us apart a little later. It seems many people have forgotten what happened back then. We need to be unified again.

139986-a-september-14-2001-file-photo-shows-president-bush-at-the-scene-of-th.jpg

Trump-Bible-.jpg

That's why we were unified after 9/11 but not now.

139986-a-september-14-2001-file-photo-shows-president-bush-at-the-scene-of-th.jpg

Trump-Bible-.jpg

That's why we were unified after 9/11 but not now.

If you want me to be specific, I'd say Obama and the media tore us apart. During the Obama administration we became more divided than ever. And the media probably had more responsibility on dividing us than Obama did.

If you want me to be specific, I'd say Obama and the media tore us apart. During the Obama administration we became more divided than ever. And the media probably had more responsibility on dividing us than Obama did.

George W. Bush made the tragedy all about our country, at least until he plunged us into war with Iraq. trump, as a pure narcissist, made the pandemic all about him. Nearly 200,000 lives lost mean nothing to this monster.

As usual a load of ****. Trump would be cruising towards reelection if he had acted like Bush after 911. No dumb ass excuses you can come will change that fact. Too bad Trump thinks of no one but himself.

George W. Bush made the tragedy all about our country, at least until he plunged us into war with Iraq. trump, as a pure narcissist, made the pandemic all about him. Nearly 200,000 lives lost mean nothing to this monster.

That's more media talk that got us divided.

Obama had nothing to do with it personally. His election alone did.

The second that the country was set to be run by something other than an old white guy, a particular part of this nation stopped giving a **** about the country because in thier minds, it wasn't THIER country anymore.

Even with the Iraq war he won reelection due to his handling of 911.

As usual a load of ****. Trump would be cruising towards reelection if he had acted like Bush after 911. No dumb ass excuses you can come will change that fact. Too bad Trump thinks of no one but himself.

It says your an educator, it's the Marxist doctrine of our failed Marxist education system that's contributing to our division as well.

Obama had nothing to do with it personally. His election alone did.

The second that the country was set to be run by something other than an old white guy, a particular part of this nation stopped giving a **** about the country because in thier minds, it wasn't THIER country anymore.

Didn't I also say above that the media contributed to our division even MORE than Obama?

Yep. While he wasn't my fav, I feel sorry for Bush for allowing those in his administration to manipulate him into making bad decisions. I think he was a decent man and had his heart in the right place, but surrounded himself with people who didn't have his sense of decency.

All that great successful war that followed, what a BLAST!

and it got BETTER YET **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also....

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Just add cocaine) :cool:

Didn't I also say above that the media contributed to our division even MORE than Obama?

Which addresses what I said how, exactly?

You blamed the media for the division. I disagree. I think it was racists who were never going to be okay with a black man living in the White House.

Maybe if we're lucky and tweety wins they will make it ILLEGAL to be mean to him, wouldn't that be MAGA as all hell?:lamo

I think we should elect Trump for God, why not? He's better than that wimpy turn the other cheek chump, amirite or amirite or amirite?:cool:

"The police acted stupidly"

"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago"

Didn't that last about a day? It didn't take long for it to (re)turn ugly. Same happened during the first Iraq war.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"The police acted stupidly"

"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago"

The first one he apologized for. When was the last time you heard the doofus in there now apologize for anything?

It says your an educator, it's the Marxist doctrine of our failed Marxist education system that's contributing to our division as well.

It takes more than screaming Marxist! to be smart. Try harder.

Maybe if we're lucky and tweety wins they will make it ILLEGAL to be mean to him, wouldn't that be MAGA as all hell?:lamo

Maybe they can televise all his idiot supporters here sucking his dick.

Maybe they can televise all his idiot supporters here sucking his dick.

No, it's too small. High def technology will need advances before that...

First one was apologized for.

The second one was absolutely correct. Not sure what makes that divisive.

He was playing into the narrative that it was a racial based incident, and insinuated that Martin was the victim who was profiled, followed, and shot to death because he was black. He made those comments after the jury had acquitted George Zimmerman, and after we learned through witness testimony and 911 recordings that it was Martin who was the aggressor who had attacked Zimmerman, and that he wasn't profiled and followed because he was black, but because of what Zimmerman (a member of neighborhood watch) believed was suspicious and unusual behavior by Martin. There wasn't one shred of evidence presented at that trial that indicated that race had played any part in Zimmerman's actions that night, but Obama got in front of the cameras and acted like race had played a part.

That was the president adopting a narrative and taking a side that the facts had already shown to be false. He could have used that incident as a lesson and sent a message to all teens that violence and aggression is not the answer, but he didn't.

We were united after George Floyd's death.
You have to realize how imperative it is that Democrats and the Left divide, balkanize and pit Americans against each other based on race and perceived injustices and grievances that do not comport with reality.

Back
Top Bottom