• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Already 17 Times More Coverage on Christie Scandal Than obama"s IRS scandal

What did they say?

??????

He might, but Republicans don't seem to like him, even before Bridgegate. Republicans think he should run as a Democrat.

Doesn't matter who the Republicans liked or didn't like. The polls were showing Christie to be a threat to Hillary Clinton, the presumed 2016 standard bearer for the Democratic Party.

So no special prosecutor or investigator was apppointed for the existing White House scandals such as Fast & Furious, the IRS scandal, Benghazi, or a half dozen other scandals during tht time--most more than a year old now with no official investigation of any kind initiated by the White House. But they go after Christie within 24 hours for a traffic jam on a bridge? Give me a break.

As for what those IRS folks said about holding up conservative groups, I'm sure that has been debated ad nauseum elsewhere and you can easily google it yourself. Here's a few links to start though:

IRS Admits to Targeting Conservative Groups - ABC News

Acting IRS head apologizes, blames 'foolish mistakes' for targeting of conservative groups - NBC Politics

IRS approved liberal groups while Tea Party in limbo

Doesn't matter who the Republicans liked or didn't like. The polls were showing Christie to be a threat to Hillary Clinton, the presumed 2016 standard bearer for the Democratic Party.
Polls three years in advance mean NOTHING. I remember when the mantra from the Republicans before the 2008 election.... "Can Hillary be stopped?" I also remember when Howard Dean was the leader in all the polls...

So no special prosecutor or investigator was apppointed for the existing White House scandals such as Fast & Furious, the IRS scandal, Benghazi, or a half dozen other scandals durzzing tht time--most more than a year old now with no official investigation of any kind initiated by the White House.
The precursor Fast & Furious began in 2006 under the Bush administration.
Benghazi is tragic, it's not a scandal.

But they go after Christie within 24 hours for a traffic jam on a bridge? Give me a break.
A woman died during that traffic jam.

As for what those IRS folks said about holding up conservative groups, I'm sure that has been debated ad nauseum elsewhere and you can easily google it yourself. Here's a few links to start though:

IRS Admits to Targeting Conservative Groups - ABC News

Acting IRS head apologizes, blames 'foolish mistakes' for targeting of conservative groups - NBC Politics

IRS approved liberal groups while Tea Party in limbo
All your links are pretty old (May 2013) and the story has changed since then.

Polls three years in advance mean NOTHING. I remember when the mantra from the Republicans before the 2008 election.... "Can Hillary be stopped?" I also remember when Howard Dean was the leader in all the polls...

The precursor Fast & Furious began in 2006 under the Bush administration.
Benghazi is tragic, it's not a scandal.

A woman died during that traffic jam.

All your links are pretty old (May 2013) and the story has changed since then.

It does not matter whether polls three years in advance mean anything. It was widely reported that Christie was polling better than Hillary. After the scandal broke with all the massive media attention on it, Christie's polls dropped 13 points. Nobody can tell me that was not the goal.

It doesn't matter what precursor happened during the Bush Administration. That was not being questioned nor investigated. There is a lot of question re Eric Holder's role in that however and he didn't work for the Bush Administration. People die in traffic every hour of every day. But if deaths are a reason for investigation, all the more reason that Benghazi deserved close scrutiny as four people died there. And the links are for the time period that the House and Senate hearings were being held re the IRS scandal. You asked what was reported in the hearings. I answered.

It does not matter whether polls three years in advance mean anything. It was widely reported that Christie was polling better than Hillary. After the scandal broke with all the massive media attention on it, Christie's polls dropped 13 points. Nobody can tell me that was not the goal.

That was not the goal. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom