• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Aloha from northern Alabama

Sparky2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Greetings and salivations, guys and girls.

This seems like a fun and even-handed forum, and I am looking forward to posting here.

I generally like to avoid labels, and I have no use whatsoever for the two political Parties who have spent this nation into crippling trillions of debt, so please forgive me in advance whenever I refuse to be drawn into the 'left versus right' pi$$ing contests.
I don't play that tired game, as it's just too tedious.

I'll just concentrate on being me, and I will always speak the plain truth, so that generally gets me by.
If it ruffles the feathers of those who cling to absolute labels, so be it.
We can still be friends.

:)

Attachments

• Photo on 7-17-15 at 8.08 PM.jpg
    Photo on 7-17-15 at 8.08 PM.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 68

This seems like a fun and even-handed forum, and I am looking forward to posting here.

I generally like to avoid labels, and I have no use whatsoever for the two political Parties who have spent this nation into crippling trillions of debt, so please forgive me in advance whenever I refuse to be drawn into the 'left versus right' pi$$ing contests.

I'll just concentrate on being me, and I will always speak the plain truth, so that generally gets me by.
We can still be friends.

Hello. Welcome to The Forums! I'm sure you'll like it here! :)

We can still be friends.

Most people don't have more likes than posts. ;)

We can still be friends.

A guy with a bike avatar, decrying the two party system, and playing guitar - gets a huge welcome from me!

It's hard to tell from the pics, but if that's a Triumph and Les Paul you get an extra like! :thumbs:

You could be happy here. Your guitar photo is reversed, hope your philosophy is not. Mine is hollow body.

As someone who can just be themselves, always speak the plain truth even if it ruffles feathers, I can't wait to see how you respond to some of the crazy opinions you'll find posted here.

"Aloha?" Does that mean it's easy to get lei'd in northern AL? (Just asking so I can better decide where to plan my next road trip.)

Welcome. :2wave:

Thanks for the warm welcome, new friends.

The motorcycle is a Honda CL90 Scrambler.
My dad had brought one back from Vietnam in 1968, and five years later I fixed it up and rode it all over the place when I got my m/c driver's license at age 14.
The photo is probably not reversed, as I recall the exhaust pipe being on the right side.
But I've been wrong before.

The guitar in question is one of a dozen or so that I own and play.
A bunch of us here are in a band, and we stay busy on odd weekends, playing bars, clubs, private parties, and old people (okay 1970's era) high school reunions.
It's a 2000 or 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Copper-top, with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker pickup in the bridge position.
Great guitar!

Re; Aloha.
I lived on the North Shore of Oahu from 1997 until 2001, and loved to surf longboard there and chase wanton wahines all over the place.
Eventually I settled down and got married.
We moved here to northern Alabama for the day job.

I'm ready for all sorts of opinions and debates, I reckon.
I am a web forum moderator on a couple of guitar sites, and I used to moderate on a couple of politics/current events/humor websites that have since gone under.
(Allforums and rpm354)

The only thing I find bothersome is when somebody rushes to judgement over one issue or opinion or another, and attempts to place us into this box or that box.
I know that labels are convenient, but they are usually wrong and overly-restrictive.
The only constants in my universe are good science, good humor, and the straight-up, objective truth.
Armed with those three weapons, I can tackle any situation that life throws at me.

Again, thanks for the gracious and wonderful welcome.
I appreciate it, and I appreciate you.

Thanks for the warm welcome, new friends.

The motorcycle is a Honda CL90 Scrambler.
My dad had brought one back from Vietnam in 1968, and five years later I fixed it up and rode it all over the place when I got my m/c driver's license at age 14.
The photo is probably not reversed, as I recall the exhaust pipe being on the right side.
But I've been wrong before.

The guitar in question is one of a dozen or so that I own and play.
A bunch of us here are in a band, and we stay busy on odd weekends, playing bars, clubs, private parties, and old people (okay 1970's era) high school reunions.
It's a 2000 or 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Copper-top, with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker pickup in the bridge position.
Great guitar!

Re; Aloha.
I lived on the North Shore of Oahu from 1997 until 2001, and loved to surf longboard there and chase wanton wahines all over the place.
Eventually I settled down and got married.
We moved here to northern Alabama for the day job.

I'm ready for all sorts of opinions and debates, I reckon.
I am a web forum moderator on a couple of guitar sites, and I used to moderate on a couple of politics/current events/humor websites that have since gone under.
(Allforums and rpm354)

The only thing I find bothersome is when somebody rushes to judgement over one issue or opinion or another, and attempts to place us into this box or that box.
I know that labels are convenient, but they are usually wrong and overly-restrictive.
The only constants in my universe are good science, good humor, and the straight-up, objective truth.
Armed with those three weapons, I can tackle any situation that life throws at me.

Again, thanks for the gracious and wonderful welcome.
I appreciate it, and I appreciate you.

You obviously haven't met some of our more "religious" posters. Welcome.

I love it, a guy I can call "Sparky" and not have it considered an insult......Welcome, and thanks so much for telling us a bit about you. You and I have a lot in common so we are sure to run into each other before long....

Ha ha ha!

My real name is John Sparkman, but everybody calls me Sparky.
Even my wife and dogs address me in that manner.
The only humans who used to call me John were my mom and my ex-wife.

It's Sparky2 because I have a younger brother and an older brother, eh.... Sparky1 and Sparky3.

I was an Army guy for years, older brother Sparky1 was Air Force, and Sparky3 is a straight-up civilian and (like me) a musician.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.
:/

Back
Top Bottom