• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Almost Half of France Sees Muslims as a Threat to National Identity

For someone who does not believe in the God of Abraham you are quite impressed His word as written in the Bible.

Except that as a non believer you are pretty ignorant of what that Word actually is

Yeah, right, I'm ignorant. People who don't believe in what you believe are, ipso facto, ignorant. Right?

Moving right along ...

Yeah, right, I'm ignorant. People who don't believe in what you believe are, ipso facto, ignorant. Right?

Moving right along ...

Now I've hurt your feelings.

Next time dont bring up a subject before researching it

And France has immigrants to thank for that. (....) and immigration from those countries created the conditions for the generous maternity policies and the flexible labor market that encourage French women to have more babies than other European women.
Not at all: the fertility rate of natives is 1.9. Our pro-maternity policies date from the ww2, far before the immigration era. We do not need immigrants.

As for the social repression of whites in favor of minorities in the U.S, I could only chuckle at that.
Can people freely say what they think on minority issues without being ostracized? Can they freely say they do not want to live or work with black men? Can they freely say they think that violence against Afro-Americans is justified by their criminality? Can their children in universities freely expose their points of view?

Last edited:
Now I've hurt your feelings.

Next time dont bring up a subject before researching it

Bollocks. I research all of my subjects. What do you think the Internet is for ... just reading the bible?

You're upset because you've fallen upon someone who does not share your religious convictions. Deal with it.

Religious convictions are dime-a-dozen on this planet ...

Bollocks. I research all of my subjects. What do you think the Internet is for ... just reading the bible?

You're upset because you've fallen upon someone who does not share your religious convictions.

Deal with it.

Religious convictions are dime-a-dozen on this planet ...

No, you have run into a bad Christain who does not follow Jesus' command to love my enemy as myself.

So I really dont care if you ever figure out the truth or not

~ As for the social repression of whites in favor of minorities in the U.S, I could only chuckle at that.

Scary isn't it that people believe and spout such crap.

Religious Diversity Around The World | Pew Research Center

Religious diversity in the Asia Pacific area where numbers of muslims and Christians are roughly equal. This includes Singapore - so, you point out for me where Islam isn't "coexisting with any tolerant society."

Simple question.

Plenty of places where Muslims are the majority minorities are persecuted. Is that coexistence to you? Are the enclaves in Europe coexisting? You are in denial. The agenda of Islam is obvious.

Plenty of places where Muslims are the majority minorities are persecuted. Is that coexistence to you? Are the enclaves in Europe coexisting? You are in denial. The agenda of Islam is obvious.

You shifted goalposts so seamlessly I almost didn't notice it. :doh

Anyhow, your previous post seemed to indicate you thought there were no places where peaceful coexistence was possible, now it's just plenty of places and then Europe... Try and formulate your argument more clearly please. Are you claiming the enclaves in Europe where muslims are the majority or the minority?

No, you have run into a bad Christain who does not follow Jesus' command to love my enemy as myself.

So I really dont care if you ever figure out the truth or not

Yeah, right.

Time to move on ...

You shifted goalposts so seamlessly I almost didn't notice it. :doh

Anyhow, your previous post seemed to indicate you thought there were no places where peaceful coexistence was possible, now it's just plenty of places and then Europe... Try and formulate your argument more clearly please. Are you claiming the enclaves in Europe where muslims are the majority or the minority?

History has shown the tolerant culture will disappear, I am sure you realize that and prefer to ignore it.

History has shown the tolerant culture will disappear, I am sure you realize that and prefer to ignore it.

Examples please?

And why is it impossible for you to answer my questions with factual answers or links?

Europe and migrants.

You talking about when muslims of the Ottoman Empire invaded the old Roman republic of Byzantium and slaughtered all the citizens they could to replace them with muslims? Even then, the Ottomans only defeated the residents because Christian crusaders sacked and destroyed much of the city in the 4th Crusades leaving the old empire vulnerable.

Or do you have another period when islam wasn't the main religion of Turkey? I'm all ears for your answer.

You talking about when muslims of the Ottoman Empire invaded the old Roman republic of Byzantium and slaughtered all the citizens they could to replace them with muslims? Even then, the Ottomans only defeated the residents because Christian crusaders sacked and destroyed much of the city in the 4th Crusades leaving the old empire vulnerable.

Or do you have another period when islam wasn't the main religion of Turkey? I'm all ears for your answer.
Hilarious here is the citing of (presumably) post-Ottoman Turkey of today as an example of where the tolerant culture disappeared or is disappearing due to the intolerance of its minority.

Even where minority religions probably didn't get and are not getting the tolerance they'd wish for, the implication seems to be that they're actually pushing Islam out of Turkey by their own intolerance.

Someone has seemingly gotten lost in the maze of own ignorance of history.

France has been worrying about it's identity for centuries.

I thought that the image of french men wearing wigs, powdering their faces and wearing silk stockings with pink satin pants was a pretty good identity for the French.

Where's ol' King Louie when ya need him?

Hilarious here is the citing of (presumably) post-Ottoman Turkey of today as an example of where the tolerant culture disappeared or is disappearing due to the intolerance of its minority.

Even where minority religions probably didn't get and are not getting the tolerance they'd wish for, the implication seems to be that they're actually pushing Islam out of Turkey by their own intolerance.

Someone has seemingly gotten lost in the maze of own ignorance of history.

First of all your history demonizes Christians and gives Islam a pass like the religion has something positive and virtuous about it. It doesn't. I am sure you can enlighten us as to the positives in Islam. Never have gotten an answer and do not expect one now.

Secondly it is a fact the duality in Islam is oppressive to any non-Muslim. That alone discourages other religions from practicing or getting new members because of that oppression. Intolerance and violence doom any country as the Muslim population grows. Sweden is a prime example. France and the UK not far behind.

Third your replies say nothing about the scourge the doctrine of Islam is. That you will not admit what Islam says and does is backwards and cruel and aimed at domination is just willful ignorance.

~ Never have gotten an answer and do not expect one now.

Reminds me, can you elaborate on Turkey as an example of a country where coexistence with islam led to civil war or do you have any other countries in your factbook?

~ That you will not admit what Islam says and does is backwards and cruel and aimed at domination is just willful ignorance.

Having lived in a half muslim country I can say you are spouting rubbish. Having experience of islam in other African countries I can also say they were pretty tolerant of difference including homosexuality and extra marital affairs.

Having lived in a half muslim country I can say you are spouting rubbish. Having experience of islam in other African countries I can also say they were pretty tolerant of difference including homosexuality and extra marital affairs.
Silly and biased Anecdote.
Christians have been virtually wiped out of the Middle East, INCLUDING Turkey.

The purge continues. While in the West, Islam [is allowed] to be the "fastest growing religion" as it unwittingly and hypocritically claims.
Many try to blame Israel for the even more local problem. But in fact, the real/breathaking drop in Christians occurred immediately after the PA got control of the territories in 1993/Oslo.

I wrote the above two paragraphs 5 years ago - here -
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/98721-mideast-without-christians.html
Nothing but WORSE since.
'Arab Spring'/more free expression for Arab Muslims is 'Nuclear Winter' for Christians.​

Mideast without Christians - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews
Ynetnews Opinion - Mideast without Christians
Op-ed: Christians must realize Israel’s fate intertwined with fate of non-Muslims in region
Giulio Meotti / 04.18.11

This is the saddest Easter in the long epic of Arab Christianity: The cross is near extinction in the lands of it origin. The much-vaunted diversity of the Middle East is going to be reduced to the flat monotony of a single religion, Islam, and to a handful of languages.

In 1919, the Egyptian revolution adopted a green flag with the crescent and the cross. Both Muslims and Christians participated in the nationalist revolution against British colonialism. Now, according to the Egyptian Federation for Human Rights, more than 70 Christians a week are asking to leave the country due to Islamist threats.

The numbers are telling. Today there is only one Middle Eastern country where the number of Christians has grown: Israel[/'u]. As documented in the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics, the Christian community that numbered 34,000 people in 1949 is now 163,000-strong, and will reach 187,000 in 2020.

In the rest of the Middle East, the drive for Islamic purity is going to banish all traces of pre-Islamic pasts. This has affected not only Christians, but other non-Islamic communities too, such as the Zoroastrians and Baha’is in Iran (the late also found refuge in Israel, in Haifa.)

The silence of the global forums, the flawed conscience of human rights groups, the self-denial of the media and the Vatican’s appeasement is helping facilitate this Islamist campaign. According to a report on religious freedom compiled by the US Department of State,
the number of Christians in Turkey declined from two million to 85,000;
in Lebanon they have gone from 55% to 35% of the population;
in Syria, from Half the population they have been reduced to 4%;
in Jordan, from 18% to 2%.
In Iraq, they will be exterminated.

Should the exodus of Christians from Bethlehem continue in the next two or three decades, there may be no clergy left to conduct religious services in Jesus’ birthplace. In Iran, Christians have become virtually non-existent since 1979, when Khomeini ordered the immediate closure of all Christian schools. In Gaza, the 3,000 who remain are subjected to persecution. In Sudan, Christians in the South are forced into slavery.
[......]

And as cited, in the last 5 years since, it's gotten even worse.

Reminds me, can you elaborate on Turkey as an example of a country where coexistence with islam led to civil war or do you have any other countries in your factbook?

Every majority Christian nation Islam conquered since Persia and Egypt is now virtually all Muslims, with the exception of Spain. What does that tell you? Where did that majority go to? Their faith was destroyed by intolerance. Plus violence and intimidation.

And who do you see leading Islam now but for terrorists? Do you really think that your friends in Islam will ever speak truth to power? They will be killed. Don't fool yourself about this. Islam is just getting warmed up. The things you have seen terrorists do are sanctioned, and follow the obligations of doctrine to the letter. Stealth jihad is flourishing and another weapon.

Keep reading and you will find out Islam isn't done yet, and no amount of talking will change anything. None of this will happen in a year or in 10 years but it is going to happen if not stopped. The bright side is when that asteroid finally hits it will be destroying some very unhappy people living under Sharia and will put them out of their misery.

Last edited:
Silly and biased Anecdote.
Christians have been virtually wiped out of the Middle East, INCLUDING Turkey.

What is silly and moronic is making the mistake that either Africa is in the Middle East or vice versa.

The purge continues. While in the West, Islam [is allowed] to be the "fastest growing religion" as it unwittingly and hypocritically claims.
Many try to blame Israel for the even more local problem. But in fact, the real/breathaking drop in Christians occurred immediately after the PA got control of the territories in 1993/Oslo.

I wrote the above two paragraphs 5 years ago - here -
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/98721-mideast-without-christians.html
Nothing but WORSE since.
'Arab Spring'/more free expression for Arab Muslims is 'Nuclear Winter' for Christians.​

Mideast without Christians - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews
Ynetnews Opinion - Mideast without Christians
Op-ed: Christians must realize Israel’s fate intertwined with fate of non-Muslims in region
Giulio Meotti / 04.18.11

And as cited, in the last 5 years since, it's gotten even worse.

I have no real disagreement with this though.

Every majority Christian nation Islam conquered since Persia and Egypt is now virtually all Muslims, with the exception of Spain. What does that tell you? Where did that majority go to? Their faith was destroyed by intolerance. Plus violence and intimidation.

And who do you see leading Islam now but for terrorists? Do you really think that your friends in Islam will ever speak truth to power? They will be killed. Don't fool yourself about this. Islam is just getting warmed up. The things you have seen terrorists do are sanctioned, and follow the obligations of doctrine to the letter. Stealth jihad is flourishing and another weapon.

Keep reading and you will find out Islam isn't done yet, and no amount of talking will change anything. None of this will happen in a year or in 10 years but it is going to happen if not stopped. The bright side is when that asteroid finally hits it will be destroying some very unhappy people living under Sharia and will put them out of their misery.

None of that answers what I originally asked you. You're doing what Auvergne does and galling on regardless hoping that I will forget your foolish original claim.

Back
Top Bottom