• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Almost 1 in 4 California foster children is on psychiatric meds

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Drugging Our Kids | San Jose Mercury News

Are psychiatrists stupid, evil, greedy or all three?

What do you think of this? Do these children deserve better? Would athletic and music programs be better alternative to meds? I feel like the psychiatric industry is stealing the childhoods of these kids.

Wouldn't you want your children to be active and healthy instead of sedentary and diabetic?

What do you think of this? Do these children deserve better? Would athletic and music programs be better alternative to meds? I feel like the psychiatric industry is stealing the childhoods of these kids.

Wouldn't you want your children to be active and healthy instead of sedentary and diabetic?

In my opinion, giving mind altering drugs to children should be a capital offense.

im sure being a foster child has some substantial challenges that I won't try to downplay.
But on a larger scale with all children, much can be attributed to diet. Starting with moms diet at conception. From egg to grave we are living on genetically modified, high fructose, preserved, colored, flavor enhanced, fluoridated, pesticide sprayed, herbicide sprayed, hormone injected, antibiotic injected, sulfated, hydrolyzed, artificially sweetened, endless river of crap from concentrate. Then take them to the doctor to have them fully immunized. But By God don't smoke or vape til you are 18 or drink til you are 21.
And we wonder why....

I think that the foster system is a joke and a money pit for the crooked.

In my opinion, giving mind altering drugs to children should be a capital offense.

So should stupidity for ignoring valid, documented medical issues.

So should stupidity for ignoring valid, documented medical issues.

Kids not paying attention or whatever, is not a medical issue.

I'm a big believer in orphanages, as well as quality foster care. This phenomenon of ignoring children who go ferel has to be addressed.

The answer to your question, for too many parents, is a resounding, "No!" I knew a woman who shared her Prozac with her two year old daughter so she'd be quiet. My wife and I babysat three kids, the oldest six, and at bedtime the oldest said, "We have to take our cough medicine." I pointed out no one was coughing and they didn't have to take it at our house. We all got up the next morning and had breakfast. When Mom arrived I asked about the cough medicine, "Oh, they sleep better. If they don't take their cough medicine they'll be up at 7 a.m." Imagine that. Another woman who worked where I worked was desperately looking for a new doctor because her pediatrician had discontinued her prescription for codeine-based cough syrup.

A. I suspect the parents are mostly delighted to have stuffed animals instead of kids.
B. I wonder if 25% of the kids on psychiatric meds isn't low for the average of Californians on psychiatric meds?

Back
Top Bottom