• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Allen Stanford beaten up by jail inmates as he awaits trial

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Karma is a bee-yotch, no?

Bloodied and bruised, this is the shocking picture of cricket tycoon Allen Stanford after a beating by jail inmates.
His neck in a brace, his eye bleeding and half-closed and his head bandaged.
The final humiliation for Stanford, 60, awaiting trial accused of masterminding a $7billion fraud, was his feet and hands were shackled as he was taken to hospital.

article-1327421-0BF33E63000005DC-671_468x397.jpg
Attacked: The tycoon sits on a hospital trolley with his neck in a brace, his eye half-shut and a bandage wrapped around his head after the assault by jail prisoners in Texas

article-1327421-0BF33E7F000005DC-175_468x648.jpg
Shackled: Allen Stanford is bound hand and foot at the hospital near Houston

Once he posed with a perspex case containing $20million at Lord's cricket ground. after being hailed as the saviour of English cricket.
But that counted for nothing at the private prison in Conroe near Houston, Texas, and the inmates sharing his cell.
'I was on the telephone and some of the other people in the cell didn't like it,' he told a friend who visited him, according to the Sunday Times.
'They said something to me and then two of them jumped me and kept punching me and kicking me in the head.
'I lost consciousness, but at one time I came round and grabbed one of them by the leg. That just set them off a again'.
The guards burst into the cell and shackled Stanford before taking him to a hospital where he underwent an operation while still chained up.

article-1327421-0BF36DF0000005DC-871_468x394.jpg

Read more: Cricket tycoon Allen Stanford beaten up by jail inmates as he awaits trial | Mail Online

Back
Top Bottom