• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alleged Russian operative Mariia Butina negotiating with prosecutors

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Lawyers for alleged Russian operative Mariia Butina have entered into negotiations with federal prosecutors, according to a document filed in federal court Friday.

The two sides requested to postpone the next hearing in the case because they are currently "in negotiations regarding a potential resolution of this matter," indicating that they are working towards a plea agreement.

This is a huge development that may very well result in charges of conspiracy against the United States, political campaign money laundering, and other serious felonies. She herself is charged with being a Russian spy, failing to register as a foreign agent, and conspiracy, charges which could put her away for life. She has now flipped, and is providing information on GOP operatives, as well as Russian oligarch Alexander Torschin. Torschin is a member of the NRA, and joined the organization in order to push his own agenda, making it easier to get Kalashnikov weapons into the US market. Torschin is also tied closely to Vladimir Putin himself, and is suspected of funneling millions of dollars of laundered money into the US for use in political campaigns. These crimes are not part of the Mueller investigation, and are not tied directly to Trump, but appears to be a case of Russians doing business in the US the way they routinely do business in Russia, which of course, is highly illegal in the US, and carries serious prison time. It is unfortunate that US citizens were caught up in this scheme, and they are going to pay a heavy price for their greed and lust for power.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...mariia-butina-negotiating-prosecutors-n937206

Alleged Russian operative Mariia Butina negotiating with prosecutors
Well, yes...That's to be expected.

There, fixed it for you. :mrgreen:

I don't think that she has flipped. I think she has followed the advice of counsel from Day One. It's a political prosecution so one should proceed with caution. Keep your mouth shut until a competent attorney guides your narrative. I don't think she has anything to hide and is simply telling what she was doing. If she was up to illegal activities she would have used a honey trap because nothing baits a trap better than *****. She's not being accused of trading sex for anything.
/

I don't think that she has flipped. I think she has followed the advice of counsel from Day One. It's a political prosecution so one should proceed with caution. Keep your mouth shut until a competent attorney guides your narrative. I don't think she has anything to hide and is simply telling what she was doing. If she was up to illegal activities she would have used a honey trap because nothing baits a trap better than *****. She's not being accused of trading sex for anything.
/

Oh I think that's exactly what it means.

I don't think that she has flipped.
Yea, why would you?

I think she has followed the advice of counsel from Day One.
Indeed, she was told that she was caught and is in deep **** and only by offering something can she lessen her troubles.

It's a political prosecution
No, it is a criminal one.

one should proceed with caution.
Always when facing criminal prosecution and also having no exculpatory evidence.

I don't think she has anything to hide and is simply telling what she was doing.
Now that she was caught.

If she was up to illegal activities
There is no if.

Man I'd negotiate with her...

Naamloos-2.png

She has now flipped, and is providing information on GOP operatives, as well as Russian oligarch Alexander Torschin.

Mariya Butina is no innocent caught up in something she never imagined. She and Torschin attended meetings together at the Kremlin. Torschin was a member of Russia's upper Parliament (acting Chairman in 2011) and a suspected member of the Rossiyskaya mafiya (Russian mafia). Butina is also seen in video's (organized by the Russian military GRU) taken in Crimea just before the Russian military takeover on stage before crowds demanding that ethnic Russians revolt.

To imagine Putina wasn't aware of what she was doing is like imagining Bonnie Parker had no idea what Clyde Barrow was up to.

This is a huge development that may very well result in charges of conspiracy against the United States, political campaign money laundering, and other serious felonies. She herself is charged with being a Russian spy, failing to register as a foreign agent, and conspiracy, charges which could put her away for life. She has now flipped, and is providing information on GOP operatives, as well as Russian oligarch Alexander Torschin. Torschin is a member of the NRA, and joined the organization in order to push his own agenda, making it easier to get Kalashnikov weapons into the US market. Torschin is also tied closely to Vladimir Putin himself, and is suspected of funneling millions of dollars of laundered money into the US for use in political campaigns. These crimes are not part of the Mueller investigation, and are not tied directly to Trump, but appears to be a case of Russians doing business in the US the way they routinely do business in Russia, which of course, is highly illegal in the US, and carries serious prison time. It is unfortunate that US citizens were caught up in this scheme, and they are going to pay a heavy price for their greed and lust for power.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...mariia-butina-negotiating-prosecutors-n937206

I wonder if Mueller has any NRA people tied up in his indictments. The list will grow if Bunnyta gives them up.

I wonder if Mueller has any NRA people tied up in his indictments. The list will grow if Bunnyta gives them up.

There are more than 36 sealed indictments on the DC docket at this time.

Back
Top Bottom