• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

All Women Jury Chosen For George Zimmerman Trial [W:265]

I am not sure about that. They are also a perfect group to be afraid of meeting a male alone on the street or walk down a street alone in a dark stormy night. I think the jury is remiss as no male, white, black or Hispanic were selected for the 6 primary jurors. I can see this going to the DCA as not having a jury of peers. Both Zimmerman and Martin were and are males. These women can't understand the mind set of either male.

Maternal instincts > your alleged fear.

Probably not.. They might just say "Good evening" and keep walking.

You know of course that all women are not paranoid.

I understand for instance that 3 women just escaped 10 years of captivity having been kidnapped while walking alone in the dark. I understand that women and girls are frequently snatcher and killed while not being paranoid enough. I am as street smart as it gets but would avoid at all costs walking alone on a deserted street in the dark and rain.

As Martin was a black male and Zimmerman is a brown male, I would guess there would be redress in that there is no male of color on the jury who would actually be both of their peers.

Absolutely not.

All you are doing is showing you did not watch nor are familiar with the jury selection process.

Absolutely not.

All you are doing is showing you did not watch nor are familiar with the jury selection process.

Oh and your are the jury selection expert?. I may not be a jury expert but am an expert on how women think and behave. I think they will understand completely why Martin in the hoodie looked so scary and suspicious to George Zimmerman. I doubt any of these women would be walking alone on a dark deserted street, see someone in a hoodie and say "Good evening". This was at night in the rain not during the sunlight hours. I think Martin even looks scary in the 7/11 video.

Last edited:
I understand for instance that 3 women just escaped 10 years of captivity having been kidnapped while walking alone in the dark. I understand that women and girls are frequently snatcher and killed while not being paranoid enough. I am as street smart as it gets but would avoid at all costs walking alone on a deserted street in the dark and rain.

Those women were captured by a grown man. Trayvon Martin was a teenager walking home from 7/11.

Those women were captured by a grown man. Trayvon Martin was a teenager walking home from 7/11.

Martin was taller and more muscular then "grown man" Castro who like George is a little pipsqueak. No Jack. Martin was a 5'11" tall muscular male with bare fist fight experience and not the "little boy" portrayed in that picture. The 7/11 video shows exactly what he looked like at the time. No women would have a defense against him unless she had a gun.

Martin was taller and more muscular then Castro who like George is a little pipsqueak. No Jack. Martin was a 5'11" tall muscular male with bare fist fight experience and not the "little boy" portrayed in that picture. The 7/11 video shows exactly what he looked like at the time. No women would have a defense against him unless she had a gun.
What in the actual ****?

There is nothing about Martin that indicated he was a teenager including the mustache.

Zimmerman may disagree with you:

Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?

Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.

Dispatcher: Late teens ok.​

Martin was 2 weeks past his 16th birthday so he was an early 17 year old.

>>>>

Except for the fact that....he was.

Geezuz. Your posts are just so ludicrous.
We can have a difference of view points without a personal remark. It just shows running out of points and a lack of ability to advance the debate.

Martin was taller and more muscular then "grown man" Castro who like George is a little pipsqueak. No Jack. Martin was a 5'11" tall muscular male with bare fist fight experience and not the "little boy" portrayed in that picture. The 7/11 video shows exactly what he looked like at the time. No women would have a defense against him unless she had a gun.

Trayvon Martin was skinny, not muscular. Witnesses referred to him as a skinny teenager.

We can have a difference of view points without a personal remark. It just shows running out of points and a lack of ability to advance the debate.

I was remarking on your posts, not you.

Know the difference.

Trayvon Martin was a certified teenager, as evidenced by his age. S-E-V-E-N-T-E-E-N, not S-E-V-E-N-T-Y.

There is nothing about Martin that indicated he was a teenager including the mustache.

Then how is it that the defendant accurately noted that he was a teenager, while in the dark, in the rain, having never met him before?

Do you ever read your own posts before hitting "submit"?

Yes. I wonder why the defense supported this odd situation. Could it be a set-up so later they can bring up the gender imbalance as grounds for an appeal? I'm no lawyer and my thoughts are 173% speculation and -431% factual.
How so? Both sides had a chance to strike jurors for cause and if you just watched the selection, it seems as though the defense struck male jurors themselves. On what grounds would an appeal be granted because of this?

No one here has power to decide guilt or innocence. We can only offer predictions if he will be found guilty or not guilty.
Are you serious Sir? I've watched these threads and I've seen a great deal of firm declarations of guilt and/or innocence. People are so passionate about it that insults are exchanged regularly because somebody picks a side and someone else calls them an idiot. This has been going on from day one. Yet, this isn't as simple as he did it or didn't do it. Intent, behavior, subsequent statements are all part of this complex mix.

Sure, we aren't the jury but this case has been tried out of court more so than even the infamous OJ trial. This case is more complex than OJ and less possible to accurately declare about but that hasn't stoppped 10 million posts that even had their own forum because of sheer volume.

(((reminder, to quote a famous philosopher: Anything I post here is just my opinion....;))))

Trayvon Martin was skinny, not muscular. Witnesses referred to him as a skinny teenager.

"A picture is worth a thousand words" Fred Barnard. Take a look at martin's "grown" pictures on his social Media, particularly the ones with his shirt off. Look at that 7/11 video. Skinny won't wash.

Last edited:
Martin was taller and more muscular then "grown man" Castro who like George is a little pipsqueak.
Iirc:
GZ was ~2in shorter thanTM
GZ outweighed TM by ~ 40lbs

Yet somehow, GZ was able to figure out that TM was a teen despite there being nothing about TM which indicated that. GZ has a little Miss Cleo in him?

Iirc:
GZ was ~2in shorter thanTM
GZ outweighed TM by ~ 40lbs

Yet somehow, GZ was able to figure out that TM was a teen despite there being nothing about TM which indicated that. GZ has a little Miss Cleo in him?

Actually, Zimmerman is 5'7" while Martin was 5'11". Like the video of Martin and the Hispanic clerk in the 7/11. Yep, no doubt George was an obese, soft, Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Then how is it that the defendant accurately noted that he was a teenager, while in the dark, in the rain, having never met him before?

Do you ever read your own posts before hitting "submit"?
Can't we have a discussion without personal remarks. They indicate a lack of ideas and inability to advance the debate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom