• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All This Hubbub Over Brexit Is Useless

Brtblutwo

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The economic repercussions from Brexit, whether they affect only the UK or all of the western nations is unimportant, the planet’s billionaires will emerge mostly unscathed.

The only people who will be truly hurt are the insignificant masses, and the liberals are alone in their concern for this segment of the population.

In this country we've learned from decades of experience, in our system of capitalism (and a major component of U.S. conservatism) survival of the richest is all that is important. There is nothing members of the 99% can do about this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree with me that's fine. If you do not, I don't really care.

The economic repercussions from Brexit, whether they affect only the UK or all of the western nations is unimportant, the planet’s billionaires will emerge mostly unscathed.

The only people who will be truly hurt are the insignificant masses, and the liberals are alone in their concern for this segment of the population.

In this country we've learned from decades of experience, in our system of capitalism (and a major component of U.S. conservatism) survival of the richest is all that is important. There is nothing members of the 99% can do about this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is a depressing view of the world.

Not for the 1%.

That was my thought in Madrid, when I saw the differences. ;)

But all joking aside. Things are changing rapidly and the fundamentals are very positive, if one disregards the ecological side of things. Unless we dip into autocracies, we will see technology at a point, where we can redistribute wealth to an extent not possible today. The main question will be, who should get it and in which way. So there is no reason for depression other than that we might be dead in that long run. ;)

I you get a job and earn some money you won't be so envious of what other people have.

The 1% wouldn't be chit without the rest of us.

IMO Capitalism is the best system, we need greedy rich bastards driving things forward or else it will all fall apart, but at the same time I believe Capitalism should have an end game and the distribution of wealth should be more equitable.

IMO Capitalism is the best system, we need greedy rich bastards driving things forward or else it will all fall apart, but at the same time I believe Capitalism should have an end game and the distribution of wealth should be more equitable.

How's all that going at the moment? Western society advancing in a positive direction? Wealth distribution becoming more equitable?

Back
Top Bottom