• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All the Old Knives

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is currently on Amazon Prime. I picked out on short notice and boy was it a dog. It’s kind of like watching a train go off a cliff in slo-motion. You can’t turn away and you have enough time invested that you can’t quit it.
It stars Chris Pine, Thandiwe Newton, Jonathan Pryce and Lawrence Fishburne. It’s hard to remember Fishburne as the young troop water-skiing behind the PBR in “Apocalypse Now.”
Never heard or seen the female lead, she looks entirely different in the flashback as opposed to her scenes in present time. I didn’t recognize Pryce, first time I saw him was opposite Tom Hanks in “Bridge of Spies.”

Recommend “avoid”

I’ve been on a bike crossing this bride on the PCH. (Early in the trailer.) It was spectacular!

This is currently on Amazon Prime. I picked out on short notice and boy was it a dog. It’s kind of like watching a train go off a cliff in slo-motion. You can’t turn away and you have enough time invested that you can’t quit it.
It stars Chris Pine, Thandiwe Newton, Jonathan Pryce and Lawrence Fishburne. It’s hard to remember Fishburne as the young troop water-skiing behind the PBR in “Apocalypse Now.”
Never heard or seen the female lead, she looks entirely different in the flashback as opposed to her scenes in present time. I didn’t recognize Pryce, first time I saw him was opposite Tom Hanks in “Bridge of Spies.”

Recommend “avoid”

I’ve been on a bike crossing this bride on the PCH. (Early in the trailer.) It was spectacular!
Thanks for the heads up. I've already spent so many hours of my COVID life binging on TV, the last thing I need is to cue up yet another snoozer.

Recommend “avoid”

Female lead was in Chronicles of Riddick, Mission Impossible 2, etc.

Female lead was in Chronicles of Riddick, Mission Impossible 2, etc.
Like I said, unknown to me.

I think I probably saw MI2, but evidently wasn’t impressed. I was struck by her different appearance as I noted in the “review.”

Thanks. It's always a little irritating to start watching a movie that might seem to be cool, only to see it crash, later on, like a 747 with 4 blown engines.
If you get a chance to see "Severance" It's strange but great fun. If you haven't heard about it..I'll make it short>>
.......Imagine if you had a chip imbedded in you that caused you to have (essentially) two lives...one at work...one after work...and you didn't know anything about the other "You"?
Anyway..thought you might have a look see. Gets a 8.7 on IMDB

Recommend “avoid”

Thank you.

I was probably going to give that a try this week, and you just saved me from a couple hours of regret. :)

Thanks. It's always a little irritating to start watching a movie that might seem to be cool, only to see it crash, later on, like a 747 with 4 blown engines.
If you get a chance to see "Severance" It's strange but great fun. If you haven't heard about it..I'll make it short>>
.......Imagine if you had a chip imbedded in you that caused you to have (essentially) two lives...one at work...one after work...and you didn't know anything about the other "You"?
Anyway..thought you might have a look see. Gets a 8.7 on IMDB

We tried the first episode and it didn’t take, so my take on “Knives” may not be valid?

Recommend “avoid”

Thanks I have not had the patience to sit through an entire TV show for awhile. My Therapist wants me to binge Ted Lasso - she has me watch shows and then observes how I interpret them. Interesting way to treat me - but I like her.

We tried the first episode and it didn’t take, so my take on “Knives” may not be valid?
I understand. There's been lots of shows and movies that other people felt were amazing and yours truly had to keep his mouth shut all during the show.
(At the time..I'd rather be changing oil ...in both cars..) :)

I understand. There's been lots of shows and movies that other people felt were amazing and yours truly had to keep his mouth shut all during the show.
(At the time..I'd rather be changing oil ...in both cars..) :)
One of my siblings and I had a difference of opinion………no accounting for taste.,

The series was “After Life.”

I found it excellent, btw.

One of my siblings and I had a difference of opinion………no accounting for taste.,

The series was “After Life.”

I found it excellent, btw.
I love the show. Ricky is so "Out" with everything. No subtlety at all. Love the office worker's characters also.
When I read that Ricky said (somewhere) "No 4th season for me" I just thought... Rats..

Back
Top Bottom