• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All shoplifters, head to San fran and steal those businesses blind!!

SarahSun

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Now i realize the criminals stealing stuff vote alot more than business owners so naturally the left wants to reward criminals. I imagine we will see more and more business closures as they just cant afford to stay in operation.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/...ifting-now-seniors-have-no-daniel-greenfield/

"Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Netflix and all the criminal justice reform backers will be fine. The senior living on a fixed income won't be."

I wonder if they are required to wear a mask when shoplifting?

I wonder if they are required to wear a mask when shoplifting?
This is a deeply thoughtful, intellectual perspective on this complicated issue. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on global warming, immigration and national security as well. Of course, each should be accompanied by a dig against those evil Leftists. :)

Now i realize the criminals stealing stuff vote alot more than business owners so naturally the left wants to reward criminals. I imagine we will see more and more business closures as they just cant afford to stay in operation.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/...ifting-now-seniors-have-no-daniel-greenfield/

"Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Netflix and all the criminal justice reform backers will be fine. The senior living on a fixed income won't be."

What a blissfully stupid pile of crap.

What a stupid post.

What would you call a conservative curmudgeon in a bikini? Another Tucker in a bikweenie?

Are you suggesting and/or denying that escalated shoplifting in California cities (specifically San Francisco) is not a thing?
Are you getting on that juvenile bandwagon? The left wants to reward criminals? Flat-out stupidity. Proud stupidity.
My old Dad used to say I'd be known by the company I keep.

Maybe you should look for a neutral source, the rag you quoted isn't fit to line a bird cage. If you continue down this road, you will be considered a joke, like some of the more rabid posters here. Make your point with good faith, and you will join the ranks of respected posters, and there are many. Free advice.

Are you getting on that juvenile bandwagon? The left wants to reward criminals? Flat-out stupidity. Proud stupidity.
My old Dad used to say I'd be known by the company I keep.
The left is minimizing consequences from a shoplifting perspective... hello? Are you not reading? Bueller?

The left is minimizing consequences from a shoplifting perspective... hello? Are you not reading? Bueller?
Bullshit. Plain and simple. And you're swallowing it.
"It's okay. This is just wealth redistribution. Capitalist enterprises are being forced out. They'll be replaced by BIPOC equity-based communal enterprises.
Also known as drug dealers."
You really believe this crap?

Last edited:

In your brilliant analysis of this topic, did you uncover that the law in question covers the entire state?

Are you suggesting and/or denying that escalated shoplifting in California cities (specifically San Francisco) is not a thing?
I would suggest there is shoplifting in every retail establishment in every city and town in the US.

i'm pretty sure another guy here started multiple threads about San Fran.

If the shoplifters are pursued and they get injured or are physically manhandled, they can sue the store at the risk of getting much more money than the merchandise is worth. This has been like this for forever -- just seems it is getting more attention because of the "defund" the police mantra which has nothing to do with it. If the shoplifter willingly goes with the security officer then it is not an issue and some actually do more out of fear and unfortunately most are not fearful

Here is an article published prior to recent events. It was specific but most retailers share the same policy

Attorney Joe Baker, who also represents Pratt, said a “strictly hands-off, non-pursuit” policy is “very common” at many retail stores.

A source who works loss prevention at Home Depot told KIRO 7, the nationwide retailer also has a strict hands-off policy.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/why...O2CVT3VI5FV2Q/

From your link.
"Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical left and Islamic terrorism."

- The article is a blog piece from Greenfield. For me, blogs are much like editorials. Contains some facts and a lot of opinions.

I can agree that prop 47 needs some work. In SF many of the shoplifting is done by repeat offenders. It is a challenge to balance what crimes should result in jail time and how many more jails does the public want to fund.

maybe we should go harder after shoplifters and forget about people who cheated on their taxes/owe back taxes.

Good Gawd...

Back
Top Bottom