• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

All Right-Wing journalists must report to FOX News!

Madacapa

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
The fact that Novak is leaving CNN for FOX is no surprise. He is exactly where he belongs. FOX news should rename itself GOP TV. It is nothing more than a extension of the RNC. It is a propaganda tool for the Bush Administration. At least be honest about it FOX! You are not "fair and balanced"; you are a bunch of lying motherf**kers!

FOX news is the :spin: zone!
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
22,769
Reaction score
11,834
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
Madacapa said:
The fact that Novak is leaving CNN for FOX is no surprise. He is exactly where he belongs. FOX news should rename itself GOP TV. It is nothing more than a extension of the RNC. It is a propaganda tool for the Bush Administration. At least be honest about it FOX! You are not "fair and balanced"; you are a bunch of lying motherf**kers!

FOX news is the :spin: zone!
Really? Could you please expound on the lies you have heard on Fox News?
 
H

hipsterdufus

AlbqOwl said:
Really? Could you please expound on the lies you have heard on Fox News?
There are lies, damn lies, and then there is


Here are some just from the past few weeks. There are 586 stories like these at Media Matters - most with video clips , if you're interested.

Hume, backed by Liasson, falsely claimed that Democrats want to "pull out now" from Iraq
Summary: While appearing on Fox News Sunday, Fox News' Brit Hume and NPR's Mara Liasson mischaracterized Rep. Murtha's Iraq redeployment plan as "pull out now." In fact, no prominent Democratic political figure, including Murtha, has proposed pulling out of Iraq immediately.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512060001

On the November 30 edition of Fox News' Special Report with Brit Hume, Fox News correspondent Major Garrett presented a highly misleading depiction of the heated debate over whether the White House and Congress saw the same intelligence on the Iraqi threat prior to the war. Garrett downplayed the administration's handling of dissenting opinions and ignored entirely the State Department Bureau of Intelligence and Research's (INR) strong objections to the claim that Iraq was reconstituting its nuclear program. He also falsely reported that a bipartisan presidential commission had concluded that "in almost every instance" the Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) -- a daily intelligence report provided to the president but not to Congress -- had presented more alarming assessments on Iraq than the reports provided to lawmakers.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512020013

Summary: Bill O'Reilly compared Catholic leaders' silence on the so-called "war" on Christmas to their silence on the pedophilia scandal in the Catholic Church.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512150006

Isn't O'Reilly a Catholic sounding name?

While appearing as a panelist on Fox News' Fox News Watch, political analyst and Newsday columnist James P. Pinkerton falsely claimed that former CBS producer Mary Mapes worked for Sen. John F. Kerry's (D-MA) 2004 presidential campaign. Mapes was fired from CBS over her role in the controversial 60 Minutes Wednesday report that presented unauthenticated documents as evidence that President Bush received preferential treatment during his tenure with the Texas Air National Guard. Pinkerton awarded his Fox News Watch "Turkey Award," in which panelists "name the biggest turkeys in the media," to Mapes, stating, "This year, she's written a book in which she makes her case [that the 60 Minutes National Guard story was accurate] once again, forgetting the fact that she'd worked for the Kerry campaign -- leaving that part out." In fact, there is no record of Mapes ever having worked for the Kerry campaign.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200511280007

Summary: During a discussion of Stanley "Tookie" Williams's then-impending execution and whether race is a factor in how the death penalty is applied for murder, Fox News host Sean Hannity and guest Larry Elder noted that eight out of 12 people who had been executed in California since the state reinstated capital punishment were whites. They offered this figure to rebut suggestions that race is a factor in how the death penalty is applied for murder, but they left out far more significant figures. A study published in the Santa Clara Law Review shows that those who kill whites are far more likely to get the death penalty than those who kill either blacks or Hispanics.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512140011

Summary: Fox News correspondent Brian Wilson asserted that the "real question" regarding district attorney Ronnie Earle's decision to appeal the dismissal of a conspiracy charge against former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) was whether Earle "wants to win on that point of law or if this is designed to kind of drag out the case against Tom DeLay." But rather than being the "real" question, it is the question raised by one side -- DeLay's supporters.


Wilson also falsely claimed that Senior District Judge Pat Priest had thrown out "the conspiracy charges against DeLay." But Priest dismissed only one of the two conspiracy offenses included in the October 3 indictment of DeLay. On December 5, the judge threw out the charge that DeLay conspired to violate state election law, but upheld the charges that he conspired to commit money laundering and committed money laundering, as Media Matters for America noted.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512130009

Summary: On both The Radio Factor and The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly falsely claimed a Texas school district "told students they couldn't wear red and green because they were Christmas colors." The school district has since released an official statement refuting O'Reilly's false contention.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512130006

Summary: Bill O'Reilly inaccurately quoted "a new Fox News poll [which] says 53 percent of Americans still don't understand the Iraq conflict." In fact, the poll did not address whether Americans understood the situation in Iraq, but whether recent speeches by President Bush had given them a better understanding of the situation in Iraq.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512160011

Bush Flip-Flops on Torture Bigtime, But Fox Has His Back
Neil Cavuto's hypocrisy was unrestrained today (December 15, 2005) when he reported on the "deal" George Bush made with Senator John McCain on torture.

For months and months, Bush, Cheney and other administration officials have insisted they would oppose any measure specifically banning "cruel, inhuman, and degrading" treatment of prisoners. Yet you'd never know by listening to Fox News that the "resolute" Bush, the guy who "takes a stand" and is a "strong leader," flip flopped big-time on this.
http://www.newshounds.us/bush_administration_lies/

More O'Reilly Nazi Talk and Lies
During the e-mail portion of The Factor tonight, O'Reilly had a little chuckle over the idea that dissenting Americans might be put in concentration camps adding a provocative suggestion about torture to the image. Bill might say it was all in good fun, of course. Then he denied calling students protesting Ann Coulter nazis claiming that "far left smear sites" made it up. Too bad for Bill that his comment was caught on tape. 12/13/05
http://www.newshounds.us/2005/12/13/more_oreilly_nazi_talk_and_lies.php

Summary: Bill O'Reilly falsely stated that decisions made by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit are being overturned by the Supreme Court at a "record rate." In fact, over the past four terms, the 9th Circuit's reversal rate was near the average for all circuits, and during the 2004-05 term, three other circuit courts were reversed by the Supreme Court at a higher rate than the 9th Circuit.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512150016
 

Madacapa

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
AlbqOwl did you understand hipsterdufus's post? Do you see that FOX News is filled with a bunch of lying motherf**kers? Do you get it yet? Do you f**king understand it yet? I guess not...:doh

Hipsterdufus, let me send a shout out to you! :2wave:



FOX News is the :spin: zone!
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Anyone who denies that Fox news isn't a conservative station is being either arrogant or stupid. Its so obvious just from watching the damn show.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
FinnMacCool said:
Anyone who denies that Fox news isn't a conservative station is being either arrogant or stupid. Its so obvious just from watching the damn show.
I don't think I've ever admitted otherwise...

Now will you concede that it is the ONLY channel outlet compared to all others?...Where's the admission that without Fox, there would NO complaints of bias from the left?

Many against one...and the many still don't like the odds....:roll:
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I believe that CBS and NYT can be considered liberal. NYT does seem to be branching out a bit though. CNN goes both ways. The only news that I find completely unbiased is the BBC. I like them because they just report news without dramatics and without all these flashy images. Imo, if you don't have a short attention span, watch bbc.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
FinnMacCool said:
I believe that CBS and NYT can be considered liberal. NYT does seem to be branching out a bit though. CNN goes both ways. The only news that I find completely unbiased is the BBC. I like them because they just report news without dramatics and without all these flashy images. Imo, if you don't have a short attention span, watch bbc.
Your bias is showing...ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and especially CBS & CNN...all, at the very least, slanted Liberal, if not outright Liberal...

I mentioned "channel" because if we go print, there's no contest...

The ONLY thing Conservatives have a hold on is talk radio, and that isn't held as reliable from most objective people...So other than Fox, Cons pretty much have nothing...The stranglehold on news outlets is more than disturbing, and I find it hilarious that the 90% still isn't enough for some...
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Your bias is showing...ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and especially CBS & CNN...all, at the very least, slanted Liberal, if not outright Liberal...
I don't believe so.

I mentioned "channel" because if we go print, there's no contest...

The ONLY thing Conservatives have a hold on is talk radio, and that isn't held as reliable from most objective people...So other than Fox, Cons pretty much have nothing...The stranglehold on news outlets is more than disturbing, and I find it hilarious that the 90% still isn't enough for some...
Fox is pure con radio. CNN isn't liberal. CNN is partially responsible for Bush's 90% approval ratings after 9/11. CNN reflects the mood of the country.

And besides, President Bush runs the gov't. That gives conservatives +10 in terms of misinformation.

The problem here is you cannot possibly determine what is "liberal" and what is not unless you actually watch them all the time. I am willing to bet that you don't so there you have it. I don't consider getting information on what is "liberal media" and what is not from sources outside your own very relevant.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
FinnMacCool said:
I don't believe so.


Fox is pure con radio. CNN isn't liberal. CNN is partially responsible for Bush's 90% approval ratings after 9/11. CNN reflects the mood of the country.

And besides, President Bush runs the gov't. That gives conservatives +10 in terms of misinformation.

The problem here is you cannot possibly determine what is "liberal" and what is not unless you actually watch them all the time. I am willing to bet that you don't so there you have it. I don't consider getting information on what is "liberal media" and what is not from sources outside your own very relevant.
That a bet you're sure to lose...I hardly watch any news outlets at all because I got sick of the slant when I DID watch them all of the time...Made me sick...

CNN ain't Liberal...

Good one...:rofl
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
That a bet you're sure to lose...I hardly watch any news outlets at all because I got sick of the slant when I DID watch them all of the time...Made me sick...

CNN ain't Liberal...

Good one...
There you go. You hardly watch any at all.
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
22,769
Reaction score
11,834
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
hipsterdufus said:
Your are seriously using quotes from Media Matters to counter accusations of imbalance at Fox News? Even Media Matters acknowledges that its purpose is to discredit and smear anything that might make the current administration look good or any news source that doesn't try to make it look bad. They take quotes grossly out of context and misrepresent them, never report on any qualifying follow up, and leave inferences that even they know is bull*****.

For instance, just using your first example up there, Murtha absolutely did say that we should begin withdrawal immediately and should complete it within six months. Fox News covered this extensively featuring comments from all political perspectives on numerous different programs. So did all the other major news sources.

For instance there is this from CNN that is rarely ever quoted or criticized by Media Matters:

ED HENRY, CNN CONGRESSIONAL CORRESPONDENT: Good morning, Fred.

That's right, CNN has learned that John Murtha a very senior lawmaker on military issues up here on the Hill, very respected by Pentagon brass, is going to call for the immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Iraq. This is the first senior lawmaker in either party, in either the House or the Senate, who has made such a dramatic statement. He's about to do it at a press conference on the Hill. He is specifically going say that he wants the troops redeployed over the course of the next six months for the safety of the troops, so that they are not all pulled out at once.

What is significant, he is a Marine veteran, John Murtha, served in the Vietnam War. He is someone, as I said, also senior Democrat on the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee, a very powerful subcommittee, that helps fund the troops, fund all the military needs in the country. The Pentagon brass respects him highly.

And I'm told that Congressman Murtha is also going to say that based on his conversations with military leaders, the military and the Bush administration do not believe the war can be won militarily. That from John Murtha. So he thinks this bold step needs to be taken, the immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Iraq. . . .
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0511/17/lt.01.html
This is just the very first of numerous reports from CNN reporting essentially the very same stuff that Fox News reported. Was CNN spinning and lying too?

If you guys are going to bash Fox News, you really need to find some much more credible sources with which to do it.
 

mpg

DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
7,795
Reaction score
1,784
Location
Milford, CT
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought that it was started by a right winger. It seems that only left wingers are welcome at any of the other networks.
 
H

hipsterdufus

AlbqOwl said:
Your are seriously using quotes from Media Matters to counter accusations of imbalance at Fox News? Even Media Matters acknowledges that its purpose is to discredit and smear anything that might make the current administration look good or any news source that doesn't try to make it look bad. They take quotes grossly out of context and misrepresent them, never report on any qualifying follow up, and leave inferences that even they know is bull*****.

For instance, just using your first example up there, Murtha absolutely did say that we should begin withdrawal immediately and should complete it within six months. Fox News covered this extensively featuring comments from all political perspectives on numerous different programs. So did all the other major news sources.

For instance there is this from CNN that is rarely ever quoted or criticized by Media Matters:



This is just the very first of numerous reports from CNN reporting essentially the very same stuff that Fox News reported. Was CNN spinning and lying too?

If you guys are going to bash Fox News, you really need to find some much more credible sources with which to do it.
The question was about Fox - so I answered it about Fox, but YES - CNN was spinning and lying too.

Media Matters is a media watchdog organization. They monitor the media as a whole and report on distortions. They also pointed out CNN's parroting of the false accusations that Murtha was calling for an immediate withdrawal. In fact, Wolf Blitzer this week retracted a statement he made fallaciously supporting a statement VP Cheney made based on a Media Matters story.

Almost all of Media Matters' stories have the original video and/or audio to support the statements.

They focus on Faux the most, because Faux is the largest perpetrater of false information.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Media Matters is a media watchdog organization. They monitor the media as a whole and report on distortions.
Oh really?...Let's check out their "About Us" section and see if you have them pegged wrong...

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

Using the website www.mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media. Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions.


http://mediamatters.org/about_us/

Why make the claim that they "monitor the media as a whole" when they freely admit that they don't do that?...:confused:
 
H

hipsterdufus

cnredd said:
Oh really?...Let's check out their "About Us" section and see if you have them pegged wrong...

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

Using the website www.mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media. Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions.


http://mediamatters.org/about_us/

Why make the claim that they "monitor the media as a whole" when they freely admit that they don't do that?...:confused:
They do moniter the media as a whole, in order to correct conservative misinformation. If you've looked at their site, and it appears that you have, then you could have easily seen see that there are stories about Faux, NYT, Wash Post, CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC etc.etc.:roll:
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
FinnMacCool said:
There you go. You hardly watch any at all.
Yes...I said I hardly watch ANY...That includes ALL...kepp that in mind...

If I saw CNN consistantly reporting everything with a Liberal slant, do you suggest that I tune in weekly to make sure that this is still the case?...

Week 1 - "Yup...Still Liberal..."
Week 2 - "Yup...Still Liberal..."
Week 3 - "Yup...Still Liberal..."

Kinda tedious, don't ya think?...

Another point which no one seems to point out...

There's a difference between the terms "slanted" and "legitimate"...They are not opposites, which most here believe...

I say CNN is Liberally slanted...But that doesn't mean that what they say isn't true...just told through a different perspective...

There could be a battle in Iraq...300 terrorists are killed...Three marines wounded...

FoxNews's headline - "Terrorists dealt major blow"
CNN's headline - "US casualties rising"

The difference is obvious, but they BOTH tell the truth...

Now here's the problem the Conservatives have when debating on this site...

When using sources that they believe are Liberally slanted(CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc....), Liberals will acknowledge the sources at legitimate...

The same legitimacy is NOT afforded to the Conservatively slanted outlets(of which there is ONE)...Liberals just blow it off...It's very easy to avoid debate by saying "Fox said it...It must be a lie."...

Since Fox is the ONLY Conservatively slanted outlet on TV...AND they get dismissed when used as a source...That leaves Conservatives on this site with NO sources that Liberals will accept as legitimate except for...you guessed it...Liberal outlets...

This is not a defense of FoxNews itself...It is only to say that some of the Conservatives are handcuffed in the way they present sources due to the fact that the only outlet on television that the Conservatives can feel more comfortable with is automatically discounted, whereas all other outlets, which Conservatives feel are slanted in the other direction, are automatically considered legitimate...

It's the perfect way for the Liberal faction to have their cake and eat it, too...
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Madacapa said:
The fact that Novak is leaving CNN for FOX is no surprise. He is exactly where he belongs. FOX news should rename itself GOP TV. It is nothing more than a extension of the RNC. It is a propaganda tool for the Bush Administration. At least be honest about it FOX! You are not "fair and balanced"; you are a bunch of lying motherf**kers!

FOX news is the :spin: zone!
"Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.
Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter."


According to a study by UCLA

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6664
 
H

hipsterdufus

cnredd said:
Since Fox is the ONLY Conservatively slanted outlet on TV...AND they get dismissed when used as a source...That leaves Conservatives on this site with NO sources that Liberals will accept as legitimate except for...you guessed it...Liberal outlets...

There are many other outlets for Conservatives to quote as sources. You have the Moonie Paper, The New York Post, National Review, Rush, Savage, American Heritage, CATO and a host of others to use. Plus you have Carlson and Scarborough on MSNBC, WSJ Online on PBS.

In their 1/2 hour of news CBS ABC and NBC may, and I'll repeat may, at times, have a liberal slant. You add that up and it's 1 1/2 hours a day - occurring concurrently in most cities. Compare that to Faux - 24/7/365 of BS. BS of the highest order. Talking points from the neo-con men on a daily basis.

A great example for me is Neil Cavuto and Chris Wallace - I used to watch them on a regular basis when they worked for CNBC and ABC respectively.
They were both conservative, but NEVER displayed the kind of Hackery that they show now on Faux. It's pretty clear that everyone on Faux has their marching orders to be in lock step with the neo-con men.
 
H

hipsterdufus

Stinger said:
"Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.
Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter."


According to a study by UCLA

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6664
:rofl
The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left.

/snip

Groseclose and Milyo then directed 21 research assistants — most of them college students — to scour U.S. media coverage of the past 10 years. They tallied the number of times each media outlet referred to think tanks and policy groups, such as the left-leaning NAACP or the right-leaning Heritage Foundation.
Wow - sounds like a really serious study. :roll:

The funny thing is that it says the WSJ news section is "liberal" The WSJ is often quoted as being an excellent source for straight news, although the editorial page is to the right of Atilla the Hun.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
:rofl

Wow - sounds like a really serious study. :roll:
No more or less than any other study coming out of a Univeristy, is it that you are surpirse students are used to do research legwork?

The funny thing is that it says the WSJ news section is "liberal" The WSJ is often quoted as being an excellent source for straight news, although the editorial page is to the right of Atilla the Hun.
Actually they got it about right, the editorial and opinion pages have always leaned a little right but the news section has a reputation as leaning left.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
There are many other outlets for Conservatives to quote as sources. You have the Moonie Paper, The New York Post, National Review, Rush, Savage, American Heritage, CATO and a host of others to use. Plus you have Carlson and Scarborough on MSNBC, WSJ Online on PBS.

In their 1/2 hour of news CBS ABC and NBC may, and I'll repeat may, at times, have a liberal slant. You add that up and it's 1 1/2 hours a day - occurring concurrently in most cities. Compare that to Faux - 24/7/365 of BS. BS of the highest order. Talking points from the neo-con men on a daily basis.

A great example for me is Neil Cavuto and Chris Wallace - I used to watch them on a regular basis when they worked for CNBC and ABC respectively.
They were both conservative, but NEVER displayed the kind of Hackery that they show now on Faux. It's pretty clear that everyone on Faux has their marching orders to be in lock step with the neo-con men.
You totally missed the point I was making...

The Conservatives don't have any outlets that are CONSIDERED LEGITIMATE when using them as sources...The sources are there...The Liberals DISCOUNT them...

You pointed out Rush as a Conservative source...Obvious, that's a given...

But what happens when a Conservative uses him as a source on this forum?...What's the Liberal reaction?...

"Oh it's Rush...He's a fat, pill-poppin' liar!"...

Although, in this case, I agree, do you see the point now?...

You name sources, but if they're used here, Conservatives are repeatedly told "They don't count."...
 
H

hipsterdufus

cnredd said:
You totally missed the point I was making...

The Conservatives don't have any outlets that are CONSIDERED LEGITIMATE when using them as sources...The sources are there...The Liberals DISCOUNT them...

You pointed out Rush as a Conservative source...Obvious, that's a given...

But what happens when a Conservative uses him as a source on this forum?...What's the Liberal reaction?...

"Oh it's Rush...He's a fat, pill-poppin' liar!"...

Although, in this case, I agree, do you see the point now?...

You name sources, but if they're used here, Conservatives are repeatedly told "They don't count."...
I think truth is truth. Often times I will find and item in an advocacy blog (Buzzflash, Kos, Dem Underground etc.) but post the backing source from AP or another news wire service. (It also helps me verify the story) It would be pointless for me to post "Well Al Franken says..."

If Rush, Hannity,Rev. Moon, Pat Robertson etc. say something that can be backed up by facts, great - I would suggest posting the supporting evidence as well - since their reputations are so tarnished.
 

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,344
Reaction score
7,210
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Ive been watching CNN lately to see what all the hype is about "liberal media"

I have come to the conclusion that CNN is NOT biased.

For one.. I take into consideration that both actual news segments are not, in my opinion, bias. As mentioned in your post, its the same stuff, the headlines don't change my opinion.

However, as far as special shows go, Ive yet to see a biased CNN show..
Larry King is not biased (watched him after the Bush speech tonight)
Paula Zahn is not biased, she just interviews people.
Anderson Cooper doesn't focus on political issues that much.
CNNs Saturday programming was just as usefull as Headline News, it kept repeating regular News Segments.

Fox However, has Mr. Bill O'Riley, althought I see eye to eye with him sometimes.
Hannity and colmes, Where Hannity is always attacking the Democratic guests and interrupting them, not letting them talk that much. And colmes is mild mannered and was even picked out by Hannity to work with him.... for obvious reasons.
and Gretta Van Suestren (however the hell you spell it) is too busy reporting on The Natalie Holloway case, obviously no bias there.

This is what ive come up with so far.......
Any support of the claim that CNN is "Liberal Media" from someone like cnredd or others who I can actually bring myself to believe would be appretiated.
 
Top Bottom