• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

All-Out Civil War in Iraq: Could It Be a Good Thing?

H

hipsterdufus

This caption showed up on "Your World with Neil Cavuto's Show"
So now Fox is trying to spin that Civil war in Iraq is good?

cavuto-20060224-2.jpg

Welcome to 'SPIN CITY' :rofl

hipsterdufus said:
This caption showed up on "Your World with Neil Cavuto's Show"
So now Fox is trying to spin that Civil war in Iraq is good?

cavuto-20060224-2.jpg

Some of us have thought that from the beginning, I am one of those. It worked quite well for this country, and cost us the lives of over 600,000 men and women. I know, some of you don't think the ends justify the means, but history has shown time and again that this is a foolish assumption. Should the minority there have been allowed to continue to call the shots, and been allowed to treat the remaining populace as second, and third class citizens? I don't believe so, and now we have evened the score, and it's up to them to decide the fate of their nation. I hope they choose wisely, but if they decide to go the way of a theocracy, so be it, it is their decision to make.

^^^^^^^
That is the saddest thing I've read all week.

You guys were wrong and now your trying to scramble for excuses. All I can say is good luck trying to convince the rest of us.

FinnMacCool said:
^^^^^^^

You guys were wrong and now your trying to scramble for excuses. All I can say is good luck trying to convince the rest of us.

You people have been screaming civil war civil war since the get go, you hope that civil war erupts well guess what? It aint gonna happen. Sadder the leader of the Shiite militia actually ordered his forces to protect Sunni Mosques, both the Sunnis and the Shiites realize that if they fight each other the only people who are going to benefit will be AlQaeda and the radicals, even the Sunnis are p!ssed that they lost thier power they still don't want the foriegn insurgents in charge. Instead of this Mosque bombing starting a civil war as the Iranians and foriegn insurgency wanted it has actually brought the Sunni's and Shiites closer together, because they have a mutual enemy.

FinnMacCool said:
^^^^^^^

If I'm sooooo wrong, then why didn't I have a problem with this four months ago?...

From a previous thread...Oct. 9th, 2005...

cnredd said:
I have two questions....

1) Was the outcome of the American Civil War a good thing?

2) If you believe so, then why would an Iraqi Cival War be considered bad?

People cleansing themselves from the ones who want tyranny would be alot better than having us do it...That is the whole reason for preparing the Iraqi government...To fend for themselves...

Afterward, if they fail, the blame shall only go to them...
Surely you can't believe that what I've mentioned publicly four months ago "scrambling"...

Maybe you can find a different angle to attack those who've mentioned this previously...

Because this one failed...:shrug:

Unless you're willing to consider me an exception to the rule...:cool:

the FACT is that our soldiers nor the Iraqui people wouldn't be in this situation if our Executive Adminstration weren't so arrogant and hawkish.

Based upon the poor strategical planning and lack of logisitical infrastructure in initiating this aggression.. Bush was only doing what he does best... Destroying now and asking later.

Civil war is inevitable in Iraq. This may seem like my opinion is playing to the side of Bush apologists (the fore posters to this thread).

SO, support the troops they say? We need to get our troops the hell out of there. There is nothing more that they can do. We need to let the Iraquis deal with the situation themselves.

Yes I realize that since we went into this with guns blazing it is somehow our responsibility. People need to wake up and realize that it never has been our responsibility. If Iraq needs to do some self cleansing to decide who they really are then we should let that process run it's course. It's ridiculous to even ponder the fact that a hawkish war president like Bush gives a damn about the welfare of the Iraqui people, let alone the troops.

Civil war in Iraq is inevitable.
Let's get the hell out and let them do their thing.. not act as if we are there for their benefit.

This is no responsibility of American taxpayers. It never has been.

It's time to wake up.

Last edited:
Deegan said:
Some of us have thought that from the beginning, I am one of those. It worked quite well for this country, and cost us the lives of over 600,000 men and women. I know, some of you don't think the ends justify the means, but history has shown time and again that this is a foolish assumption. Should the minority there have been allowed to continue to call the shots, and been allowed to treat the remaining populace as second, and third class citizens? I don't believe so, and now we have evened the score, and it's up to them to decide the fate of their nation. I hope they choose wisely, but if they decide to go the way of a theocracy, so be it, it is their decision to make.

Did a foreign occupation create our civil war? No it was by the means of enslaving foreigners to pick cotton. You're bass ackwards as usual.

Back
Top Bottom