• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All Officers CLEARED in Freddie Gray Case

Wrong.

Bench trials are used when the case obviously has no merit but a jury might be swayed by Media propaganda and misinformed public opinion (and riots in the street).

Bench trials were the obvious choice in this situation.

A bench trial was necessary because despite the cops being obviously guilty, the police must never be held accountable under any circumstance.

Huh? She? Who's "she"? I hope you're not talking about the judge who was a guy.

Probably talking about the prosecutor or mayor or both.

They appeared to rush to judgement on this case.

BlackLivesMatter loses again.....as usual.

All officers exonerated.

Now they should sue BlackLivesMatter for harassment.

Trouble is the BLM jackasses have no money anyway.

It does sound like harassment. It is like the bigots that went after the baker. Only in the latter case the courts misjudged.

What does race have to do with it? Typical Idahoan.

And here I didn't think your statements could get any stupider you prove me wrong. Is this really all you have to the facts? Personal attacks and innuendo? Or did you really think that I don't know what you're talking about when you claim that the system is supposedly rigged?

Incompetent prosecutor.

Activist law professor calls for Mosby disbarment over prosecution in Freddie Gray case - Baltimore Sun

In the written complaint, obtained by The Baltimore Sun, Banzhaf calls Mosby a "runaway prosecutor" who has violated ethics rules governing the conduct of attorneys in Maryland at almost every turn in the case — from the moment she announced the charges against the officers in May 2015 to this week, when her office signaled it would continue pursuing cases against the officers who still face charges after the full acquittal of two other officers.

Mosby never had the evidence to charge the officers, Banzhaf argues, and should have re-evaluated her belief that she did following the acquittal of Officers Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson Jr.

A bench trial was necessary because despite the cops being obviously guilty, the police must never be held accountable under any circumstance.

Guilty of what exactly? Do you have proof of that guilt? Other than emotionalism? If you do I'd suggest that you get that evidence to the Baltimore DA right away. Could be obstruction of Justice if you do and don't give it to them.

The first trial was a jury trial and ended with a hung jury.

You need a new dictionary. The Baltimore riots were harassment of the city of Baltimore in an attempt to force a case be brought against the officers. It worked. The idiot DA brought charges against the officers against all reason and tried to bury evidence that would later exonerate the officers.

The results today show that at least the courts didn't buckle under the pressure.

Harassment of the city of Baltimore... And you say I need a new dictionary? Wow.

Lucky we had good judges in this utterly messed up legal action.

Prosecutor has news conference scheduled in a few minutes.

I will enjoy seeing her squirm and attempt to explain her mistakes.

She's on the hot seat.

Huh? She? Who's "she"? I hope you're not talking about the judge who was a guy.

No, not that one. The prosecutor who set up this fiasco.

Prosecutor has news conference scheduled in a few minutes.

I will enjoy seeing her squirm and attempt to explain her mistakes.

She's on the hot seat.
She is now trying to try the case in the eyes of the public and is also making it about her to boot.

She is now trying to try the case in the eyes of the public and is also making it about her to boot.

Maybe if she didn't overcharge to make a name for herself she would have gotten a conviction.

It was a bench trial, which means that a jury was foregone and the cases were heard by a judge only.

You know what that means? The trial was decided by a Judge who is part of the problem.

As the cell phone videos that have come out frequently show, evidence is often irrelevant when it comes to police behavior. Whether it's shooting 107 bullets into a car that's been mis-identified to putting a person in a chokehold and contributing to their death against explicit department policy, Police are not held to the same standards as civilians.

The shocking thing is conservatives are fine with government overreach as long as it's the police while simultaneously whining about the FBI taking back bird sanctuaries from armed rebels.

It seemed pretty obvious that the prosecutor brought these cases for political reasons. Her rhetoric in the early days of this tragedy made that pretty clear. We all know that there are cops who need to be prosecuted, but these cases were not such.

His death need not have been due to malice. All that needed to happen was that he stood up in the back of the van and then fell against one of the metal benches. He was not belted in. I'm not sure what was made of that fact during the trial.

Conservative are generally concerned about government over-reach. But law enforcement is necessary, and there is no use in talking about over-reach when the government couldn't prove their case.

I thought for sure someone was guilty of something.
The only thing that could have been been interpreted as wrong is not seat-belting him in.
There are multiple issues regarding this "policy violation", none of which raises the issue to the level of criminality.

I thought he was injured before he was loaded into the wagon...
People wrongly believed that because they did not pay attention to the available evidence.

It was a bench trial, which means that a jury was foregone and the cases were heard by a judge only.
The first trial was by Jury. It was hung.

You know what that means? The trial was decided by a Judge who is part of the problem.
No, it doesn't mean that.
It means that as the trier of fact a Judge is more likely not to be swayed by emotion and decided strictly on the law.

Whether it's shooting 107 bullets into a car that's been mis-identified to putting a person in a chokehold and contributing to their death against explicit department policy, Police are not held to the same standards as civilians.
Nothing you just said is true.
They did not misidentify the truck, they were responding to what was believed to be gunfire.
And Eric Garner wasn't put in a choke-hold, it was a head lock that was released prior to him saying he couldn't breath. Which btw, is an indication that the person can breath.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
Which is why the first trial was by Jury.

The only thing that could have been been interpreted as wrong is not seat-belting him in.
There are multiple issues regarding this "policy violation", none of which raises the issue to the level of criminality.

That's what I was talking about. If not belting him in caused him to die, how is that not the fault of the person who was supposed to belt him in?

Maybe if she didn't overcharge to make a name for herself she would have gotten a conviction.

The case had no merit.

She shouldn't have charged at all.

All officers exonerated.

I don't see any case for even civil suit regarding harassment towards "BLM". That's ridiculous. And calls for the legal system to play out are not Harassment.

But the legal system did play out. This wasn't an instance where charges weren't brought. Charges were brought and found to be wanting to the level necessary to reach a criminal conviction.

That's what I was talking about. If not belting him in caused him to die, how is that not the fault of the person who was supposed to belt him in?

IF.......IF.......IF..........

If speculation convicted people, most of us would be in jail.

The case had no merit.

He was hurt resisting arrest.

Solution: don't resist arrest.

IF.......IF.......IF..........

If speculation convicted people, most of us would be in jail.

The case had no merit.

He was hurt resisting arrest.

Solution: don't resist arrest.

Calm down -- I wasn't convicting anyone. As I said from the beginning of this thread - I would've liked to have been in the courtroom to hear the cases.

I don't see any case for even civil suit regarding harassment towards "BLM". That's ridiculous. And calls for the legal system to play out are not Harassment.

Well, we started to see this trend with the arrest of George Zimmerman and it should be addressed SOMEHOW.

Zimmerman would not have been arrested had it not been for a huge lynch mob showing up and demanding it and gutless politicians bowing to the pressure.

So an unnecessary trial was held and an innocent man was put through hell........just like the officers in Baltimore had to go through hell for no good reason.

We need to be more sensitive to the pain of the many police officers who are falsely accused whose lives are being traumatized by BlackLivesMatter.

America must wake up.

Well, we started to see this trend with the arrest of George Zimmerman and it should be addressed SOMEHOW.

Zimmerman would not have been arrested had it not been for a huge lynch mob showing up and demanding it and gutless politicians bowing to the pressure.

So an unnecessary trial was held and an innocent man was put through hell........just like the officers in Baltimore had to go through hell for no good reason.

We need to be more sensitive to the pain of the many police officers who are falsely accused whose lives are being traumatized by BlackLivesMatter.

America must wake up.

I guess anytime someone shoots someone else, they can just claim self defense if they have a couple of bruises and be let go?

If someone killed your loved one, claimed self defense, and walked away, would you accept that or request an investigation and trial to ensure there was evidence to back up the claim?

As I indicated, there are multiple issued regarding this.

1. The most obviously one is that failure to seat-belt him in did not cause him to die.
His actions of acting up and moving around in the back of the van caused him to receive an injury he died from.
Please note: The other guy who was in the back of the van wasn't acting up and didn't die for lack of a seat-belt.
That act does not raise to the level of criminal negligence.​

2. Policy to seat-belt the person in. The Transportation Officers responsibility. No one else's.
a. Policy, not a law. A Policy violation is not an criminal act.
b. The old policy was that it was up to the Officer's discretion. The new policy required it.
b1. A new Policy is not in effect until all have been adequately informed of it. Simply sending out an Email doesn't suffice. (That was the case in this instance as noted by the Judge.) The old Policy applied.
b2. While required as new policy, policy implementation is still up to the discretion of the Officer if they feel it is unsafe for them to do so as they can not be required to do something that is unsafe to them.​

All officers exonerated.

More taxpayer money wasted by the democRATS .

Back
Top Bottom