• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All McNuggets not created equal

There are strict laws in reguards to how long the food can sit out and it is timed. If the time is up and that food is still sitting there? It goes in the trash.

I am 100% that these are the rules that Mcdonalds stipulate, but the managers of the various McDs are in it solely for profit, i have my doubts that these rules are upheld.

There are strict laws in reguards to how long the food can sit out and it is timed. If the time is up and that food is still sitting there? It goes in the trash.

It is supposed to go in the trash
It didnt always though, change the "time" the food was prepared and it could stay longer.

All I can say is that late at night at MD's order something special, like a burger with no mustard or something similar if you want fresh.

Or at least that is how it worked back when I worked their many years ago

I am 100% that these are the rules that Mcdonalds stipulate, but the managers of the various McDs are in it solely for profit, i have my doubts that these rules are upheld.

Very true for slow periods
Nuggets were supposed to be kept for around 30 min but late at night 45-60 min was done. Burgers 10-15, but would be left for longer quite often

I worked at a Burger King when I was a teenager (in NH) and we were always told STRICTLY old food was to be thrown away and if there was any doubt (smuged or unclear mark, etc.), then throw the food away...

I worked at a Burger King when I was a teenager (in NH) and we were always told STRICTLY old food was to be thrown away and if there was any doubt (smuged or unclear mark, etc.), then throw the food away...

A rarity in the fast food industry.

Great parenting. I wasn't aware that encouraging unhealthy lifestyles was a point of conservative pride, but to each his own.

There is nothing to indicate in his post that this was an encouragement of a "lifestyle". In fact, he said quite the opposite, that it was a rare treat. There is nothing unhealthy about treating your kids to a happy meal once in a while. It's when it becomes a norm that there is a problem.

I also didn't see where he made any comment concerning conservative vs liberal idealogy here. If you did, please point it out to me.

I just ate there the other day. (first time in many months) I also bought three mcnugget happy meals for my friend's daughters. They got toys and fries instead of apple slices. It was a treat to them and not a regular event. They can get apple slices at home.
I get tired of our Gov. putting their noses in every nook and cranny of private lives and successful business's. I told the girls they better get their toy's and fries while this administration still allows it.( they ordered the fries before i said that.) Sorry if I got off the mcnugget topic. Blood just shoots out of my eyes every time I think about what this big ass government is trying to do to McDonalds and Free Market places like them. Makes me want to eat there more often.

really? you told your girls that? oh my.

I didn't judge him for going there; I go there myself a lot more often than I should. But encouraging your kid to get fries instead of apples, and then praising that choice as a virtuous stick-it-to-the-man behavior, is ****ing retarded.

If you're talking about me, that's not how it happened. I "treated" my friend and her 3 girls to McDonalds. It's not something she allows very often. I told her to let them get whatever they wanted if it was ok with her. They got mcnugget happy meals. When asked if they wanted apples or fries, they said fries. THEN I said something like "yea, you better get fries and a toy while they're still legal" I did not encourage the fries nor did I discourage them. It was my treat and their choice.

There is nothing to indicate in his post that this was an encouragement of a "lifestyle". In fact, he said quite the opposite, that it was a rare treat.

I wasn't referring to his taking his kids to McDonald's. I was referring to his juvenile rationale for purposely encouraging them to make unhealthy choices.

jallman said:
There is nothing unhealthy about treating your kids to a happy meal once in a while. It's when it becomes a norm that there is a problem.

I also didn't see where he made any comment concerning conservative vs liberal idealogy here. If you did, please point it out to me.

I told the girls they better get their toy's and fries while this administration still allows it.

Translation: "Go ahead and pig out on unhealthy crap to stick it to The Man. I'll be proud of you for fighting the good fight against Obama and the liberal nanny state."

Last edited:
Translation: "Go ahead and pig out on unhealthy crap to stick it to The Man. I'll be proud of you for fighting the good fight against Obama and the liberal nanny state."

Yeah; if you notice, throughout history, real revolutionaries are rarely if ever fat.
Just an observation.

OK, I can see that the derangement is so much more important than honest discussion. I'll leave you to that little meltdown.

Yeah; if you notice, throughout history, real revolutionaries are rarely if ever fat.
Just an observation.

And real intellectuals are rarely, if ever, given to hysterics and projection of their own deranged fantasies onto the discussions they have. Just an observation.

I wasn't referring to his taking his kids to McDonald's. I was referring to his juvenile rationale for purposely encouraging them to make unhealthy choices.

So it is juvenile to justift a once in a while rare treat, which is hardly enough in of itself to do any harm, but it is not juvenile to take posts out of context in the manor you have done?

The phrase "those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.

This thread turned silly.

Does anyone remember Aqua Dots?
Does anyone remember how the sale of Aqua Dots skyrocketed after the recall?
Does anyone remember K2?
Does anyone remember the sale of K2 rising after counties started to ban it?

A lot of adults - on ALL sides of the political spectrum - believe that it's their right and privileged to increase consumption of a questionable item if it nets a desire personal effect (flavor-fulfillment, a high) especially if that possible effect comes under fire and scrutiny by the government.

It's a fact that our country is becoming more critical of our food-consumption.
it's a fact that leaders and individuals are pushing for more food-control.
Whenever you have that looming overhead some people are going to recoil - and some people are going to recoil and the recoiling.

This thread turned silly.

Does anyone remember Aqua Dots?
Does anyone remember how the sale of Aqua Dots skyrocketed after the recall?
Does anyone remember K2?
Does anyone remember the sale of K2 rising after counties started to ban it?

A lot of adults - on ALL sides of the political spectrum - believe that it's their right and privileged to increase consumption of a questionable item if it nets a desire personal effect (flavor-fulfillment, a high) especially if that possible effect comes under fire and scrutiny by the government.

It's a fact that our country is becoming more critical of our food-consumption.
it's a fact that leaders and individuals are pushing for more food-control.
Whenever you have that looming overhead some people are going to recoil - and some people are going to recoil and the recoiling.
Thank you
Demonizing and trying to regulate a food is repungnent and frankly, frightening to me. Yes, eating healthy, exercising, keeping your weight down are all good things . These things should be encouraged and celebrated through education. However, a free person should be allowed to exercise his freedom to choose what to eat AND what his children are allowed to eat.
BTW, is Physical Education back in schools? Sorry, no kids, and don't keep up. If not, why not?

Thank you
Demonizing and trying to regulate a food is repungnent and frankly, frightening to me. Yes, eating healthy, exercising, keeping your weight down are all good things . These things should be encouraged and celebrated through education. However, a free person should be allowed to exercise his freedom to choose what to eat AND what his children are allowed to eat.
BTW, is Physical Education back in schools? Sorry, no kids, and don't keep up. If not, why not?

Phys ed - as it *use* to be when I was a kid - does not exist. They have gym class on Friday - once a week.
They do recess, of course, after lunch - for 30 minutes. . . but that's not mandatory so I don't count that as exercise if a kid doesn't want to run around and play.

In the morning, however, the kids who ride the early bus (like my kids - but not everyone) walk the track at school before school starts. They get a popcicle stick for ever lap (1/4 mile) they make and after earning a certain number of popcicle sticks they can trade them in for an award of some nature. My kids always pick charms that they string onto backpack loops - they're quite proud of that. I think each charm is for 2 miles walked - so they have a lot of them.

Gym class when I was a kid was held 3 times a week in one school district, every day in most others.

Now, just having a required gym class doesn't mean kids will participate: When I got to the 5th grade gym changed. We had to dress in gym clothes and so I stopped participating and always took an F instead. I don't know why, now, but back then I hated it more than anything. I wasn't fat or unfit, though - but, still, I avoided it like the plague. I didn't like wearing shorts, I didn't like having to change, I didn't like the idea of guys looking at me. I sucked at sports and I didn't like any of it at all. I was too judgmental of myself and the way I looked and avoided all those types of situations.

No surpise, I guess, that I soon became anorexic and dropped to 95lbs by the 8th grade and stayed there.

It seems so stupid now that I think about it - but my mind has never changed. I still worry about how I look (and mind you, now I know I'm 140 lbs) But I still do numerous body-checks in the mirror to ensure my clothes look decent when I'm going out to do yardwork and such - because sometimes guys jog by on my little country road and I need to look my best whilst push mowing my acreage.

:rofl

I'm so ****ed in the head.

But are my kids? Nope - they are all quite fit, naturally - not to an excessive extreme like me - and I don't think any of them are exhibiting the signs of my mental-hangups and snafus. They run around and play a lot - we have a big yard and a playset, dogs and encourage sports and so on.

Last edited:
Phys ed - as it *use* to be when I was a kid - does not exist. They have gym class on Friday - once a week.
They do recess, of course, after lunch - for 30 minutes. . . but that's not mandatory so I don't count that as exercise if a kid doesn't want to run around and play.

In the morning, however, the kids who ride the early bus (like my kids - but not everyone) walk the track at school before school starts. They get a popcicle stick for ever lap (1/4 mile) they make and after earning a certain number of popcicle sticks they can trade them in for an award of some nature. My kids always pick charms that they string onto backpack loops - they're quite proud of that. I think each charm is for 2 miles walked - so they have a lot of them.

Gym class when I was a kid was held 3 times a week in one school district, every day in most others.

Now, just having a required gym class doesn't mean kids will participate: When I got to the 5th grade gym changed. We had to dress in gym clothes and so I stopped participating and always took an F instead. I don't know why, now, but back then I hated it more than anything. I wasn't fat or unfit, though - but, still, I avoided it like the plague. I didn't like wearing shorts, I didn't like having to change, I didn't like the idea of guys looking at me. I sucked at sports and I didn't like any of it at all. I was too judgmental of myself and the way I looked and avoided all those types of situations.

No surpise, I guess, that I soon became anorexic and dropped to 95lbs by the 8th grade and stayed there.

It seems so stupid now that I think about it - but my mind has never changed. I still worry about how I look (and mind you, now I know I'm 140 lbs) But I still do numerous body-checks in the mirror to ensure my clothes look decent when I'm going out to do yardwork and such - because sometimes guys jog by on my little country road and I need to look my best whilst push mowing my acreage.

:rofl

I'm so ****ed in the head.

But are my kids? Nope - they are all quite fit, naturally - not to an excessive extreme like me - and I don't think any of them are exhibiting the signs of my mental-hangups and snafus. They run around and play a lot - we have a big yard and a playset, dogs and encourage sports and so on.

That walking thing in the morning sounds good and even better than Phs. Ed. However, I used to have to walk to school farther than that. Where's my charms? :)
I think chilhood obesity has more to do with lack of exercise than the kids eating more junk food and such. I was always outside, riding bikes, roller skating, or just running the neighborhood. Times have changed and kids spend a lot more time sitting.

Back
Top Bottom