• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All for nothing

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Millions of businesses and lives have been destroyed, millions have died from drug overdoses and suicide, nations have gone so far into debt they will never recover.

But hey it's for a good reason -- the new virus is a little more deadly than our old familiar flu. And you, we don't want to take any chances. No, never take any chances at all.

Since we're in this mode of not taking any chances whatsoever, I think a law should be passed forbidding the use of motor vehicles. After all, hardly anything is more deadly than driving cars.

Let's be SAFE everyone! Doesn't matter if the economy is destroyed. Hey, who needs to earn money anyway. We have our loving government to provide us with a basic income, health care and education. They have the printing presses, why not use them?

So cheer up, the world hasn't been destroyed for nothing after all. This pandemic is ushering in a new world, a world of complete government control. Yes, communism. Don't be narrow-minded -- communism CAN work! Just because it never worked before doesn't mean it can't work now.

Who needs freedom anyway. Freedom isn't safe. What we need is SAFETY, for every single person on this earth. Stay safe, stay home, don't do anything, and for heaven's sake don't touch anybody.

Millions of businesses and lives have been destroyed, millions have died from drug overdoses and suicide, nations have gone so far into debt they will never recover.

But hey it's for a good reason -- the new virus is a little more deadly than our old familiar flu. And you, we don't want to take any chances. No, never take any chances at all.

Since we're in this mode of not taking any chances whatsoever, I think a law should be passed forbidding the use of motor vehicles. After all, hardly anything is more deadly than driving cars.

Let's be SAFE everyone! Doesn't matter if the economy is destroyed. Hey, who needs to earn money anyway. We have our loving government to provide us with a basic income, health care and education. They have the printing presses, why not use them?

So cheer up, the world hasn't been destroyed for nothing after all. This pandemic is ushering in a new world, a world of complete government control. Yes, communism. Don't be narrow-minded -- communism CAN work! Just because it never worked before doesn't mean it can't work now.

Who needs freedom anyway. Freedom isn't safe. What we need is SAFETY, for every single person on this earth. Stay safe, stay home, don't do anything, and for heaven's sake don't touch anybody.
ICU's and hospitals in general are still deep in covid. If you cannot imagine what would have occured had we not taken precautions....look at the NY Metro area.
In many ICU's (depending on specialty and location) the Summer can be some "downtime" No such luck. We are still deep in it and flu season is just around the corner.

If you want to point your ire in the right direction....point it at those who could not follow simple direction. Point it at the politicians local, state, and national...that could not set an example.

This really could have been well managed in less than two months if our people could get their heads out of their collective assess and wear the damned mask, social distance, and wash their hands. And for the love of God, stay out of crowds. If this had not developed into the immense clusterfudge.......we could have had numbers where quick results and robust tracking and tracing could have nipped this in the bud.

We have ourselves to blame. This Pandemic was mismanaged from the top (Trump) down to the individual.

I'd like to point out that the only reason the US is suffering so long and so hard economically and in terms of body count is because of people like you and Trump who refused to take it seriously or take any actions against it.

Other countries like Germany that acted swiftly and took it seriously from the beginning had a very short shutdown and have been back to work for MONTHS and have had less than 1/5th the number of deaths per capita. You and your own ignorance did this. It didn't have to be this way.

From the three people who I know who caught COVID-19, it was not a walk in the park. It is not the flu...your president admitted to it, on record and it was recorded. People outside of our nation have died from it...not just a few hundred, a million. 200,000 Americans alone have died from it or from complications due to it. Ours is not the only economy to suffer...but others have bounced back, but not the US, largely due to the stupidity of people like you...

And let me tell you something buddy, my wife has MS which is an autoimmune disease and if she gets it, she goes to the hospital. Period. She could die. I wouldn't be so cavalier with your attitude...because if that happens to my wife because some chump like you gave it to her...you better believe I'll do something about it. And there are plenty of husbands, fathers and mothers, wives, sisters and brothers who think the same way if something were to happen to their loved because some chump like you thinks this is all a game.

Part of being an American and being a patriot is to know when to sacrifice for your nation. During wars, we would have tin drives to help the war effort, buy war bonds and when we started going up against the Nazis and the Japanese...we ordered our nation to ration food and gas. Only a chump complains about doing without when their nation needs their help.

Why do you hate America? Why do you want America to fail? Why won't you do your part to bring America back? What freedoms exactly were denied to you? Oh...you couldn't go outside because you wanted to fish, go to a bar to have a beer or get your hair done and you didn't like being told that you could only go out to get the bare essentials and to exercise? Oh, you poor snowflake. Boo-effing-hoo. You don't like to wear a mask? Neither do I, but no freedom is being taken away from you when stores practice social distancing and make you wear a mask in order to shop...you poor, little snowflake...are you going to have temper tantrum over it? Are you going to tell us how your right to not wear a mask is more important than our rights to not get COVID and to not to spread it? You must be SOOOO important!

Oh, did you lose your job because of COVID? I did. It sucks, but I was working in a Shakespearean theater. If we stayed open, I would sick or dead by now and worse, possibly my wife. I'm doing what I need to do to get a job but you know what is a large obstacle for me? The fact that our economy can't open up more quickly because people like you think this is all a hoax and a game....which means that the ENTIRE world is in on it, just to get at YOU. Sorry, but you are not that important for that next level of conspiracy theories.

You want the economy to open up? You want to go out? You want to stop social distancing and stop wearing a mask? Then be an American, get past your own ego, do what what needs to be done...and you will get what you want.

If you don't, then this $h!!tshow continues and the only person to blame is yourself.

So what will you choose to be: an American patriot...or a sniveling snowflake who worries more about his wallet and could give two $h!ts about his fellow citizens and nation?

Choose.

From the three people who I know who caught COVID-19, it was not a walk in the park. It is not the flu...

You know three people who had it. That is very scientific. Well most people who had it didn't know they had it. And most cases were NOT any worse than a cold or flu. You want to be hysterical and hide go ahead, but I don't see why the whole world had to be destroyed.

When are you guys going to understand people aren’t willing to die for your economy? If you want an economy, deal with the virus. Until that happens, no economy.

Open whatever you want, folks aren’t coming. And you can’t do a damn thing about it.

In this case, the cure is literally worse than the sickness.

ICU's and hospitals in general are still deep in covid. If you cannot imagine what would have occured had we not taken precautions....look at the NY Metro area.
In many ICU's (depending on specialty and location) the Summer can be some "downtime" No such luck. We are still deep in it and flu season is just around the corner.

If you want to point your ire in the right direction....point it at those who could not follow simple direction. Point it at the politicians local, state, and national...that could not set an example.

This really could have been well managed in less than two months if our people could get their heads out of their collective assess and wear the damned mask, social distance, and wash their hands. And for the love of God, stay out of crowds. If this had not developed into the immense clusterfudge.......we could have had numbers where quick results and robust tracking and tracing could have nipped this in the bud.

We have ourselves to blame. This Pandemic was mismanaged from the top (Trump) down to the individual.

The highlighted statement is ridiculous and impossible to support.

The H1N1 Epidemic spread to claim 60 Million victims before the Obama Administration simply stopped counting new cases.

So far, the case count in the US for the Coronavirus is under 8 million.

The panic is politically motivated and the shut downs are the problem, not the remedy. 90% of the fatalities in this are age 60 and up. This has been consistent for months. The MEDIAN age of fatalities is 78 years.

Protecting the vulnerable in our population is the right course. Protecting the more youthful is like mandating that EVERYONE use a walker to get around. Might really help the Tennis Ball Manufacturers, I suppose...

Effects of this will ripple for years to come. Some are good, but most are very, very bad.

The H1N1 Epidemic spread to claim 60 Million victims before the Obama Administration simply stopped counting new cases.

The panic is politically motivated and the shut downs are the problem, not the remedy. 90% of the fatalities in this are age 60 and up. This has been consistent for months. The MEDIAN age of fatalities is 78 years.

Protecting the vulnerable in our population is the right course. Protecting the more youthful is like mandating that EVERYONE use a walker to get around. Might really help the Tennis Ball Manufacturers, I suppose...

Effects of this will ripple for years to come. Some are good, but most are very, very bad.

Yes it is politically motivated. At the beginning Trump said it wasn't serious. Therefore, Democrats must say it is serious. They have to believe the opposite of whatever he says.

I am NOT a Trump supporter, by the way. I just don't like seeing the country destroyed over political nonsense.

When are you guys going to understand people aren’t willing to die for your economy? If you want an economy, deal with the virus. Until that happens, no economy.

Open whatever you want, folks aren’t coming. And you can’t do a damn thing about it.

Oh I know, economies don't matter, money doesn't matter. We could eat worms I guess, and live in a cardboard box.

Donnie? Is that you?

Millions have not died of drug overdoses and suicide this year.

Neither the flu, nor motor vehicles have killed 200,000 people in the last 6 months.

200,000 do not die from the flu

Oh I know, economies don't matter, money doesn't matter. We could eat worms I guess, and live in a cardboard box.

That all sounds pretty hysterical.

Well the one thing we've learned is who will make better bunker buddies than others.
:)

lmao!!! You think I'd let a Karen in the bunker? The post apocalyptic world's surface will be populated with cockroaches and mutated Karens, shambling around listlessly looking for the manager.

lmao!!! You think I'd let a Karen in the bunker? The post apocalyptic world's surface will be populated with ****roaches and mutated Karens, shambling around listlessly looking for the manager.
:LOL:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE MALL IS CLOSED??!! I DON'T CARE IF THERE'S A NUCLEAR WINTER!!! I NEED MY MASCARA !!!"

But hey it's for a good reason -- the new virus is a little more deadly than our old familiar flu. ...

I got that far before I realized that your internet persona's contact with reality was rather tenuous, so you'll forgive me for not reading any further.

According to the CDC, the annual deaths from influenza are between 12,000 and 61,000. At the current trends, the number of deaths in the US from COVID-19 in the one year period from the first known one will be between 305,172 and 337,295. That minimum projected number is 5.0028 times higher than the CDC's "Influenza Maximum" and the maximum projected number is 28.1079 times higher than the CDC's "Influenza Minimum". Neither of those ratios qualify as "a little more".

20-10-01 A2 - COVID vs Other Causes TABLE.JPG

20-10-01 D3 - Red vs Blue - Deaths.JPG

20-10-01 zC4- Total US Deaths.JPG

Civilization probably has overdone the pandemic scare as the US did with Y2K and 9/11. But most of this OP is a bag of rats.

Indeed

CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.​

So there were 12,469 deaths from 60.8 million cases (a mortality rate of 0.021%) from H1N1.

And there are 211,805 deaths from 7,451,354 cases (a mortality rate of 2.84%) from COVID-19 (so far).

Did you know that 0.021% is only 0.74% of 2.84%

You'll forgive me if I stopped reading when I say that you thought that something that 0.74% as serious as COVID-19 was even more serious than COVID-19.

Ridiculous. Economies recover; 100 million died in the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, there was a catastrophic global depression in the 1930s and yet here we are. "Communism"? Not on my planet; what about yours?

You know three people who had it. That is very scientific. Well most people who had it didn't know they had it. And most cases were NOT any worse than a cold or flu. You want to be hysterical and hide go ahead, but I don't see why the whole world had to be destroyed.
Yes, and those who were/are asymptomatic have passed the virus on, unaware that they may have condemned someone.

Yes, and those who were/are asymptomatic have passed the virus on, unaware that they may have condemned someone.

They, like what appears to be the majority of "Claque Trump" members, all maintain that they have a "constitutional right" to infect other people.

The really sad thing about this pandemic crisis is that instead of banding together and formulating a plan to handle it the whole thing broke down into a political standoff.

Trump and his followers: hoax, anti-maskers, keep the expendables working, no big deal

The rest of us: listen to the scientist, follow their recommendations, avoid crowds, social distance, wear a mask, limit exposure

200,000 and rising. Just no big deal!

Back
Top Bottom