• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All deaths of COVID-19 from now on is Joe Bidens fault

What ****king planet do you live on? Who made you an expert? Sounds to me like you just guessing.

Is your google finger broken? You can research immunity and the immune response yourself or I can post endless articles that you wouldn't read anyway to explain how it works. My degree is in Microbiology and I have 15 years experience with Mayo Clinic in Microbiology. Prior to that I spent 5 years in research. So, yeah, I do understand how it works. Care to learn for yourself and join me?

So you're a self proclaimed expert and believer in herd immunity? Too bad the experts don't agree with you.

Do you also realize we are dealing with a virus that is in the same family as the common cold? How many people do you know have developed an immunity to the common cold?

You do know you don't catch the same cold twice? There are many many strains of colds {you can catch them all in a lifetime} and while rhinovirus and coronavirus are similar they are not the same. As a person ages they get fewer and fewer colds - have you not noticed that? It takes exposure to develop immunity.

You do know you don't catch the same cold twice? There are many many strains of colds {you can catch them all in a lifetime} and while rhinovirus and coronavirus are similar they are not the same. As a person ages they get fewer and fewer colds - have you not noticed that? It takes exposure to develop immunity.

You missed the part where I said I"m an avid proponent of mask? There is a BIG difference in relying on herd immunity - which is only quasi what I'm talking about - and having herd immunity naturally develop.

Problem there is Biden will be taking credit for Mother Nature's work in that people are starting to build a natural immunity to Covid as it has become ubiquitous in our environment. People are being exposed to small doses of the virus as they carry on their daily business which is giving them the opportunity to fight the virus naturally on subsequent exposures a'la Animistic response - something not a single person had at the onset of the pandemic. Hence the death rates and severity of cases in the beginning. This immune response is allowing for people to have milder cases of the disease and/or shorter durations of it. I work in an ER and have been on the Covid front lines from day one. This is exactly what we are seeing happen with the patients who come through the ER.
Welcome to the forum screenwriter.

The highlighted portion of your post seems disconnected from what I take as a description of herd immunity. In order to understand a bit more of your position I looked back at your previous posts on the subject of Covid. What I found here:

seems more of a dire description than I’m seeing here in this post. Surely you’re not suggesting that the best course to follow is herd immunity itself.

Welcome to the forum screenwriter.

The highlighted portion of your post seems disconnected from what I take as a description of herd immunity. In order to understand a bit more of your position I looked back at your previous posts on the subject of Covid. What I found here:

seems more of a dire description than I’m seeing here in this post. Surely you’re not suggesting that the best course to follow is herd immunity itself.

BIG difference is relying on herd immunity as the panacea and the fact it is going to develop anyway (which it appears to be). You too missed the part where I'm adamant pro-mask wearing? Mask do not prevent exposure - they only lower exposure. I now work in an ER and have since day one of Covid - everything is falling into this line. People are getting milder cases of Covid and shorter durations of Covid. There are still the cases where the body is ravaged and the cases were "recovered" patients come in with all kinds of issues secondary to having Covid - blood clots and heart damage are the most common. Good news is they too are getting fewer and fewer. More people are surviving it. I don't believe herd immunity will be achieved until there is a vaccine - if and when. We are too germ-o-phobic a society for that. If you can't see the distinction I'm making with a natural process of the development of widespread immunity (reasonable) and forcing everyone to be exposed to Covid and let the chips fall where they may in order achieve herd immunity in a short time span (not-reasonable) - then that's on you, not me. When Covid hit - we had no immunity to it - now it is beginning to develop and that's a good thing and NOT a political one.

Problem there is Biden will be taking credit for Mother Nature's work in that people are starting to build a natural immunity to Covid as it has become ubiquitous in our environment. People are being exposed to small doses of the virus as they carry on their daily business which is giving them the opportunity to fight the virus naturally on subsequent exposures a'la Animistic response - something not a single person had at the onset of the pandemic. Hence the death rates and severity of cases in the beginning. This immune response is allowing for people to have milder cases of the disease and/or shorter durations of it. I work in an ER and have been on the Covid front lines from day one. This is exactly what we are seeing happen with the patients who come through the ER.
There is little evidence that we develop any lasting immunity. People have gotten CV19 twice already. There are many documented cases now. And you'll have to source your claims that they are all milder or for other reasons. They are people getting sick again. Not just testing positive, but getting sick again. (saw your statements in another post)

So your theory fails. But if you disagree, please source what I bolded.

I can provide a better reason: after all these months, we now know what treatments work best and have a better chance of helping people survive.

Although I get your point I personally prefer to let Biden have a chance to address the issue to see how it goes. If no significant change occurs then maybe our friends on the Democratic side would give serious consideration to the question.
I intend to be at least as fair and unjudgemental of Biden's actions as the left were about Trump's. My basic compass is Trump is responsible for every success Biden enjoys while ever faux pas, miscalculation or general ****-up lands squarely on Joe;

There is little evidence that we develop any lasting immunity. People have gotten CV19 twice already. There are many documented cases now.

I can provide a better reason: after all these months, we now know what treatments work best and have a better chance of helping people survive.

Where did I say lasting? I didn't. Sheeze the reading comprehension here is something else. We have flu shots every year - we have booster tetanus shots. Pneumococcal and meningococcal aren't one time deals either. Please don't make me list a textbook here.

Is your google finger broken? You can research immunity and the immune response yourself or I can post endless articles that you wouldn't read anyway to explain how it works. My degree is in Microbiology and I have 15 years experience with Mayo Clinic in Microbiology. Prior to that I spent 5 years in research. So, yeah, I do understand how it works. Care to learn for yourself and join me?
I have 25 years in as a layperson studying epidemiology out of sheer fascination and a background in college microbio.

I dont care if you believe me cuz I sure dont believe your background...not beyond knowing microbio as a lab assistant. What type of research? Your application of the concept of herd immunity is flawed...and esp. does not take into account what we do know of the virus. When in fact, not every microbe that infects a cell confers immunity, esp. not 'lasting' immunity...something you seem to have assumed in the face of current facts...that some other coronaviruses dont confer longer term immunity and CV19 is re-infecting recovered patients.

There is little evidence that we develop any lasting immunity. People have gotten CV19 twice already. There are many documented cases now. And you'll have to source your claims that they are all milder or for other reasons. They are people getting sick again. Not just testing positive, but getting sick again. (saw your statements in another post)

Wow, you really think that it is the same treating a milder form of a disease than it is a more extreme case? I have been seeing it first hand - but guess that isn't good enough for you. There are piles of medical journals already published with study after study of how the disease is less intense that it was at the beginning. Yeah, we know what doesn't work so less time is wasted trying those - here's a clue, by the way - nothing "works" we can only support the body to do what the body does. The only exception being Covid antibodies being given directly. We can't get people to donate much needed blood - same with donating Covid antibody plasma.

Where did I say lasting? I didn't. Sheeze the reading comprehension here is something else. We have flu shots every year - we have booster tetanus shots. Pneumococcal and meningococcal aren't one time deals either. Please don't make me list a textbook here.
Lasting...like more than weeks. :rolleyes: We've been fighting this only for months. And within a month/s people are getting reinfected. We have flu shots every year because the influenza virus mutates...changes. (not sure how simple I need to go here.) There are different strains that predominate that people have NOT been exposed to.

Er, you didnt make any point so far.

Wow, you really think that it is the same treating a milder form of a disease than it is a more extreme case? I have been seeing it first hand - but guess that isn't good enough for you. There are piles of medical journals already published with study after study of how the disease is less intense that it was at the beginning. Yeah, we know what doesn't work so less time is wasted trying those - here's a clue, by the way - nothing "works" we can only support the body to do what the body does. The only exception being Covid antibodies being given directly. We can't get people to donate much needed blood - same with donating Covid antibody plasma.
Great....I've read that it's not mutating much, if any. That it's been pretty stable so far. So please source your statements...I'd love to see the latest research. I'm no science denier.

And the word 'works' is broader than how you are trying to (mis)characterize my statement...and I used it as such.

I have 25 years in as a layperson studying epidemiology out of sheer fascination and a background in college microbio.

I dont care if you believe me cuz I sure dont believe your background...not beyond knowing microbio as a lab assistant. What type of research? Your application of the concept of herd immunity is flawed...and esp. does not take into account what we do know of the virus. When in fact, not every microbe that infects a cell confers immunity, esp. not 'lasting' immunity...something you seem to have assumed in the face of current facts...that some other coronaviruses dont confer longer term immunity and CV19 is re-infecting recovered patients.

Your reading comprehension is chilling. I never said the Covid immunity was lasting - I said it gives us a chance to fight an infection when we do get it. We have yearly flu shots for just that very reason. So, really, don't bother talking to me any more since your brain is frozen in your own little rut. Waste of both our time.

BIG difference is relying on herd immunity as the panacea and the fact it is going to develop anyway (which it appears to be). You too missed the part where I'm adamant pro-mask wearing? Mask do not prevent exposure - they only lower exposure. I now work in an ER and have since day one of Covid - everything is falling into this line. People are getting milder cases of Covid and shorter durations of Covid. There are still the cases where the body is ravaged and the cases were "recovered" patients come in with all kinds of issues secondary to having Covid - blood clots and heart damage are the most common. Good news is they too are getting fewer and fewer. More people are surviving it. I don't believe herd immunity will be achieved until there is a vaccine - if and when. We are too germ-o-phobic a society for that. If you can't see the distinction I'm making with a natural process of the development of widespread immunity (reasonable) and forcing everyone to be exposed to Covid and let the chips fall where they may in order achieve herd immunity in a short time span (not-reasonable) - then that's on you, not me. When Covid hit - we had no immunity to it - now it is beginning to develop and that's a good thing and NOT a political one.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Your reading comprehension is chilling. I never said the Covid immunity was lasting - I said it gives us a chance to fight an infection when we do get it. We have yearly flu shots for just that very reason. So, really, don't bother talking to me any more since your brain is frozen in your own little rut. Waste of both our time.

Lasting...like more than weeks. :rolleyes: We've been fighting this only for months. And within a month/s people are getting reinfected. We have flu shots every year because the influenza virus mutates...changes. (not sure how simple I need to go here.) There are different strains that predominate that people have NOT been exposed to.

Er, you didnt make any point so far.

And you repeated yourself and still have no point 🤷

There is currently NO evidence of conferred immunity post-recovery, neither short nor long-term:
"The detection of antibodies to SARS-Cov-2 does not indicate directly protective immunity and correlates of protection for Covid-19 have not yet been established".

There is currently NO evidence of conferred immunity post-recovery, neither short nor long-term:
"The detection of antibodies to SARS-Cov-2 does not indicate directly protective immunity and correlates of protection for Covid-19 have not yet been established".

There's another virus that might make this more understandable to you - Herpes. Some people get herpes and have initial outbreaks that are extreme, others get mild cases, others never have any symptoms at all even though it is there. As time goes on - for those with outbreaks - the outbreaks get milder and milder. They aren't cured of the virus but their body becomes more adept at subsequent viral suppression. Just like you say having Covid doesn't "confer immunity" - having herpes doesn't confer immunity - because you are not ever "immune" to herpes and it goes away. What is does do is allow your body a more rapid response to the virus when it is encountered again (or in the case of herpes reactivation occurs). It's immunology 101. Evidence is out there - even though there are more cases of Covid the cases are getting milder. Do you think the virus is mutating into non-virulence? My immunology professor warned us about academic research and how they are inclined to lose the basic foundation. You can research such titles as "Methane gas production in the gut flora of Rattus norvegicus domestica but unless you remember the 101 concepts you are just another academic Rat-Fart microbiologist". Sadly we live in a world where everyone wants things in black and white - immune/not-immune - but there is an almost infinite grayscale of immunity. It's a very complex system on one hand but not impossible to grasp on the other.

I am not a Dem.
If Biden takes the Office of the President he will be responsible for his Administrations action regarding CV19.

There is one difference. President Trump was in charge at the beginning of the pandemic.
Biden will be in charge when the pandemic is still going on.
So not sure how valid your question is.

Biden, WON'T hide the truth of the Danger of The Virus from the People !!!;
Biden, WON'T hide the truth of how The Virus Spreads from the People !!!
Biden, WON'T lead people to ignore the Medical Professionals !!!
Biden, WON'T tell the people the virus will magically go away !!!
Biden, WON'T attack "testing" for the sake to try and hide the truth from the people !!!
Biden, WON'T try to force kids into schools that can't improve means of protecting them !!!
Biden, WON'T attack people for wearing Mask!!!
Biden, WON'T try to pretend he knows more than Medical Professionals !!!!
Biden, WON'T ask dumb questions about injecting cleaning chemicals or shoving lights up peoples asses or down people's throat!!!!
Biden, WON'T pack people into mass groups for the sake of his ego, while exposing them to risk and possible death for the same of publicity and vanity !!!

Last edited:
Great....I've read that it's not mutating much, if any. That it's been pretty stable so far. So please source your statements...I'd love to see the latest research. I'm no science denier.

And the word 'works' is broader than how you are trying to (mis)characterize my statement...and I used it as such.

News from Denmark in regards to the coronavirus mutating:
Denmark announces cull of 15 million mink over Covid mutation fears
Mutated virus infects 12 humans, sparking concerns that effectiveness of future vaccine could be affected

The world’s largest mink producer, Denmark, says it plans to cull more than 15 million of the animals, due to fears that a Covid-19 mutation moving from mink to humans could jeopardise future vaccines.

At a press conference on Wednesday, the Danish prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, said 12 people are already infected with the mutated virus and that the mink are now considered a public health risk.

“The mutated virus in mink may pose a risk to the effectiveness of a future vaccine,” Frederiksen said.

Biden, WON'T hide the truth of the Danger of The Virus from the People !!!;
Biden, WON'T hide the truth of how The Virus Spreads from the People !!!
Biden, WON'T lead people to ignore the Medical Professionals !!!
Biden, WON'T tell the people the virus will magically go away !!!
Biden, WON'T attack "testing" for the sake to try and hide the truth from the people !!!
Biden, WON'T try to force kids into schools that can't improve means of protecting them !!!
Biden, WON'T attack people for wearing Mask!!!
Biden, WON'T try to pretend he knows more than Medical Professionals !!!!
Biden, WON'T ask dumb questions about injecting cleaning chemicals or shoving lights up peoples asses or down people's throat!!!!
Biden, WON'T pack people into mass groups for the sake of his ego, while exposing them to risk and possible death for the same of publicity and vanity !!!

That is most likely true. The OP asked, If Biden becomes President then : " All deaths of COVID-19 from now on is Joe Bidens fault"

That is why I stated the difference of Biden becoming in charge during a pandemic and Trump being in charge at before the pandemic started.

Back
Top Bottom