• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

All Christians should get their Children out of Public School NOW

Robodoon said:
Are we having a fit? I'm sorry it is upsetting I know, I don't like it either, but this isn't the America you think you know.

I guess you're right, we live in a dream world. I need to find that white rabbit to get out of here, and help Neo.

So answer my question Robodoon.
How do you determine which parts of the bible to follow?

Robodoon said:
The Old testament has a lot of History it it, not everything applies to the Christian in the same way it applies to the Jew. Christ clairfied much of the Old testiment....and Christians aren't under the old covenent, they are under the new covenent.

There is a difference between Christians and Jews...Christians wait for the day when the Jews become Christians, after all First to the Jew and then to the Gentile.

Well, Christ fulfilled the OT, but he did not erase a single penstroke of it. We still need to follow the morals that are in there, though there is no need to just stone anyone who doesn't follow it because Christ paid for that, but for the morals, we need to follow them.

One mans suffering is nothing compared to the many.
If you really knew right from wrong you would not need a book to tell you so.
What’s so good about Christianity anyways seems like every time someone came up with a good idea in the passed the church killed that someone.

You really think a cross would be the first thing Jesus would want to see if he had the option to return?

The ancient Greeks figured out that the earth is round 2000 years ago by measuring the length of a shadow cast by a stick at noon at one place compared to another place at the same time.
You know what; there is a difference in the length of shadows depending on where you stand on this globe.
People where burned at the stake for stating the obvious.

The church is part of the force that is holding evolution back, personifying human stupidity and missing out what Jesus really said.

Take your old testament and place it in a confined space where the photons generated by the sun would not come into contact with it.

All my love / Everything infinite and eternal

Last edited:
roobodoon:

you seem to mention this conspiracy by the elites against the people a lot.
Who are these elites?

steen said:
So we don't abide by the Ten Commandments. Interesting view you have of Christianity. Guess that's what happens when you don't go to church to begin with.

didn't say that

Comrade Brian said:
I guess you're right, we live in a dream world. I need to find that white rabbit to get out of here, and help Neo.

In Bernays 1928 book, Propaganda,

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smooth functioning society."
http://www.newswithviews.com/Dean/carolyn33.htm

The Real Matrix Part 7, 12-7-04
The Real Matrix Part 6, 12-7-04
The Real Matrix Part 5, 12-7-04
The Real Matrix Part 4, 12-7-04
The Real Matrix Part 3, 12-7-04
The Real Matrix Part 2, 12-7-04
The Real Matrix Part 1, 12-7-04

http://www.newswithviews.com/Yates/stevenA.htm

cherokee said:
So answer my question Robodoon.
How do you determine which parts of the bible to follow?

As Christians we follow the Bible, but what you are doing is taking accounts in history and trying to apply them to every time. Christ Brought the Holy Spirit, the Jews Don't have Him yet. So while the Christian rules can be seen as more simple, they aren't....its just that we have something the Jews Don't have, which a reminent will recieve.

Here is what Christ said for us to do.

Mark 12

29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

With in those are the rest.

Christians aren't commanded to do everything the Jews did or do. We are under a new covenent, one which the Jews will recieve in time. But it was first offered to them...first to the Jew then to the Gentile.

We are to show mercy as we have been shown.

Ephesians 2

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Falangist said:
Well, Christ fulfilled the OT, but he did not erase a single penstroke of it. We still need to follow the morals that are in there, though there is no need to just stone anyone who doesn't follow it because Christ paid for that, but for the morals, we need to follow them.

Yes we need to follow. But things like stoning aren't for us, we are under the new covenent, but we are to show mercy and hope. And we are save through grace through faith in Christ. Salvation is a Free Gift, but one has to accept it.

Ephesians 2
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=56&chapter=2&version=9

Joakim said:
One mans suffering is nothing compared to the many.
If you really knew right from wrong you would not need a book to tell you so.
What’s so good about Christianity anyways seems like every time someone came up with a good idea in the passed the church killed that someone.

Christianity offer salvation. And the Churches (run by men) have used God as a cover in time, but this is the actions of men and not God. Just like today George Bush uses the Christian Label for politics, his evil is laid at all Christians feet in the eyes of the World because of his label. So its a Case of wolf in sheeps clothing, that lays blame of Christianity.

You really think a cross would be the first thing Jesus would want to see if he had the option to return?
Well there are other symbols used for Christianity as well. not just the cross....but the Cross does speak to who we are talking about.

The ancient Greeks figured out that the earth is round 2000 years ago by measuring the length of a shadow cast by a stick at noon at one place compared to another place at the same time.
You know what; there is a difference in the length of shadows depending on where you stand on this globe.
People where burned at the stake for stating the obvious.
And those were the actions of men.

The church is part of the force that is holding evolution back, personifying human stupidity and missing out what Jesus really said.

Are you getting new Age on me? Your starting to sound like Rockeller.

Take your old testament and place it in a confined space where the photons generated by the sun would not come into contact with it.

All my love / Everything infinite and eternal

Oh you are sounding Rockefellian. YIKES

nkgupta80 said:
roobodoon:

you seem to mention this conspiracy by the elites against the people a lot.
Who are these elites?

well some of the same powers America's founding fathers were worried about.

Watch BOD on my site, in the Free film section.

Or for a secular view this will help fill in some gaps
http://www.radioliberty.com/banglo.htm

Or you could read that Matrix listing a few posts back, that also explains a lot and thats by a newbie, who understand much now.

Robodoon said:
Yes we need to follow. But things like stoning aren't for us, we are under the new covenent, but we are to show mercy and hope. And we are save through grace through faith in Christ. Salvation is a Free Gift, but one has to accept it.
And thus, you decide what things to follow and what things are under the new covenant. How very conveniet, using that as an excuse to subjectively decide what is important and what is not.

Robodoon said:
Oh you are sounding Rockefellian. YIKES

And it seems...you are sounding more and more......Falwellian

Yikes.

You continuously excuse the acts commited in the name of Christianity because they were commited by Humans.Uh....hate to have to break it to ya there, but, the church , books, acts, words, and everything you believe in was created by Humans. Its possible, though a stretch, that you too are a human. I am curious where this God fellow comes into play here.

steen said:
And thus, you decide what things to follow and what things are under the new covenant. How very conveniet, using that as an excuse to subjectively decide what is important and what is not.

No, you just don't understand what I'm saying.

tecoyah said:
Robodoon said:
And it seems...you are sounding more and more......Falwellian

Yikes.
You continuously excuse the acts commited in the name of Christianity because they were commited by Humans.
Well I gave an example, in George Bush, he sports the label for politics, and he does thing the Bible says not to do, like worship other gods. But because of his label, all Christians get blamed for his actions, while he does things that aren't Christian.

Uh....hate to have to break it to ya there, but, the church , books, acts, words, and everything you believe in was created by Humans. Its possible, though a stretch, that you too are a human. I am curious where this God fellow comes into play here.

The Scriptures were written by mens hands, but it was the Spirit of God that gave them the words. ie Divine.

Robodoon said:
The Scriptures were written by mens hands, but it was the Spirit of God that gave them the words. ie Divine.

And have been manipulated, rewritten, revised, entire chapters removed, misinterpreted, misrepresented, amd generally....warped beyond any resemblance to what might have once come across as devine teachings.

By the hands of Men.

tecoyah said:
And have been manipulated, rewritten, revised, entire chapters removed, misinterpreted, misrepresented, amd generally....warped beyond any resemblance to what might have once come across as devine teachings.

By the hands of Men.

Oh please, thats Rockefeller talking points.

Robodoon said:

tkanx for playin'....might want to actually address what people bring up though....theres a name for it, I think its debate.

Robodoon said:
Well I gave an example, in Robodoon , he sports the label for Christians, and he does thing the Bible says not to do, like Judge his fellow men. But because of his label, all Christians get blamed for his actions, while he does things that aren't Christian.
....sound at all familiar?

Robodoon, As Christians we follow the Bible, but what you are doing is taking accounts in history and trying to apply them to every time. Christ Brought the Holy Spirit, the Jews Don't have Him yet. So while the Christian rules can be seen as more simple, they aren't....its just that we have something the Jews Don't have, which a reminent will recieve.

So then you don’t have to follow the Old Testament then,
Would that include the Ten Commandments?

Try again, Are you saying the bible was written by people who witnessed the events?

tecoyah said:
tkanx for playin'....might want to actually address what people bring up though....theres a name for it, I think its debate.

I've been debating for 7-8 years. One gets tried seeing the same words of the rich pour out of the mouths of the sheeple.

tecoyah said:
....sound at all familiar?

Well I don't start world wars like Bush does based on lies, war plans that were written down over a hundred years ago. I also am not the leader of anything...not people or church.

But Bush goes to DEVIL RITES, dress as a witch and a member of the same body Adolph Hilter was.

bg_engraving.gif

and a member of the Bones with his Cousin Kerry.
http://www.infowars.com/print/Secret_societies/kerry_bush_sb.htm

Who said that the Muslims and the Christians worship the same God...THATS A LIE! he doesn't even know his own said faith.

What have I done? but tell the truth? Shame on me :2wave:

cherokee said:
So then you don’t have to follow the Old Testament then,
Would that include the Ten Commandments?

If you look back in the posts, I showed you that I obey the Ten Commandments, in what Jesus Christ said.

We (Christians) are still bound by the law, but we are not under it, Death where is your sting?

Try again, Are you saying the bible was written by people who witnessed the events?

I say the Bible is the divine word of God....written by the hand of man which was lead by the spirit of God.

Robodoon said:
Who said that the Muslims and the Christians worship the same God...
that would be the God of Abraham, which the Muslims call Allah. Are you saying that Christians don't worship the God of Abraham? It seems like you are rather ignorant on thsi topic.

THATS A LIE! he doesn't even know his own said faith.
you MUST be talking to the mirror here.

Back
Top Bottom