• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All 4 living former presidents say Trump’s claim that they wanted a border wall is false

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Global News

All 4 living former presidents say Trump’s claim that they wanted a border wall is false

President Donald Trump’s recent claim that his predecessors endorsed his idea of a wall at the Mexican border got no support from the ex-presidents’ club.

Trump stated in a Rose Garden news conference Friday: “This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me. And they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”

FACT CHECK: Mexico is not paying for the border wall, despite what Trump says

THE FACTS: The four living ex-presidents do not back him up on this claim.

COMMENT:-

Since William Lyon Mackenzie-King (Canada's PM throughout WWII was receiving his political advice from a Ouijha Board, his dog, and his dead mother, I cannot say that Mr. Trump's claim to have discussed this matter with former Presidents and that those Presidents support his position is false.

But ...

From Global News

President Donald Trump’s recent claim that his predecessors endorsed his idea of a wall at the Mexican border got no support from the ex-presidents’ club.

Trump stated in a Rose Garden news conference Friday: “This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me. And they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”

Since William Lyon Mackenzie-King (Canada's PM throughout WWII was receiving his political advice from a Ouijha Board, his dog, and his dead mother, I cannot say that Mr. Trump's claim to have discussed this matter with former Presidents and that those Presidents support his position is false.

But ...

We all know that the past Presidents ALWAYS told the truth, soooo...

From Global News

But ...

The article actually doesn't support the headline. Statements from the presidents noted only that they haven't spoken with President Trump about the wall.

Gee, I wonder what that whole "secure fence act" thing was then?

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I read the article yesterday. It said former President Jimmy Carter declines to comment.

Maybe it was this wall. Errrr....fence. Ummmm...I mean...barrier...NOT wall...because walls are racist.

border-fence-reuters-fred-greaves.jpg

I read the article yesterday. It said former President Jimmy Carter declines to comment.
I dont know about Carter..but I DO know there is video evidence of Clinton, Bush AND Obama not only proudly boasting of their achievement in building walls but in their effectiveness in fighting illegal immigration.

But NOW those ****ing liars are desperate to draw a distinction between a 'wall' and a fence'.

because of COURSE they are.

****ing hypocrites, the lot of them.

I dont know about Carter..but I DO know there is video evidence of Clinton, Bush AND Obama not only proudly boasting of their achievement in building walls but in their effectiveness in fighting illegal immigration.

But NOW those ****ing liars are desperate to draw a distinction between a 'wall' and a fence'.

you remember when the big talk was Obama voted against the useage of drone strikes more than anyone else? Then used them more than all others combined during his first four years? Forked tounges and who has the pointiest Alex, for $800 please.

you remember when the big talk was Obama voted against the useage of drone strikes more than anyone else? Then used them more than all others combined during his first four years? Forked tounges and who has the pointiest Alex, for $800 please.
Leftists are what they are. Liars and hypocrites the lot.

Now...lets be fair here. There were plenty of conservatives that supported Bush's use of air strikes that condemned Obama's actions. So......the slipper fits more than one persons foot.

Carter claims he never discussed it with Trump. I will believe Carter, as Trump has very little integrity. Lets see if Rump can get thru tonights hail mary without lying. Bets anyone ?

And yet we had close to 700 miles of it before Trump took office.

Liars.

Leftists are what they are. Liars and hypocrites the lot.

Now...lets be fair here. There were plenty of conservatives that supported Bush's use of air strikes that condemned Obama's actions. So......the slipper fits more than one persons foot.
Bush’s father claimed 23 premature babies were tossed out of their incubators witnessed by a girl who never stepped foot outside of DC. Don’t believe me? Well that all depends on the definition of NO

Carter claims he never discussed it with Trump. I will believe Carter, as Trump has very little integrity. Lets see if Rump can get thru tonights hail mary without lying. Bets anyone ?
This is the same Carter who said South Africa would be better off under black leadership.

And yet we had close to 700 miles of it before Trump took office.

Liars.

Trump claimed they SPOKE to him on the matter, he lied again. Ten to one he lies in tonights hail mary, care to wager ?

Are you saying those guys told Trump they should have built a wall? Even just one of them?
Or is Trump lying again?

This is the same Carter who said South Africa would be better off under black leadership.

Turn back this way. You're wandering off again.

And that has what to do with the thread, other than the lamest diversion of the day. Trump LIED again, xerox that free pass eh? Are your leadership standards always this low ?

That was a Trump conspiracy promoted by his Russian puppet masters. It never happened and GWB never signed it. Basically, the Russians took over the internet and changed history. This was done at the express request of Trump after Putin told him to do it.

No it does not. You just pulled that out of our ass.
This is what the article says...

"I have not discussed the border wall with President Trump, and do not support him on the issue,” said Jimmy Carter.

Why lie about something that can be debunked with one click? You must be channeling your Dear Leader.

Turn back this way. You're wandering off again.

No we are not. “ I will have integrity and how to establish it for $1,600 Alex “
Which in itself is pretty outrageous because he was studying the Gnadenhutten Genocide when he asked the stupid question, “ what is a Lenape ?

No it does not. You just pulled that out of our ass.
This is what the article says...

"I have not discussed the border wall with President Trump, and do not support him on the issue,” said Jimmy Carter.

Why lie about something that can be debunked with one click? You must be channeling your Dear Leader.

The truth is obvious. The people wishing to have blinders on is even more obvious.

The truth is obvious. The people wishing to have blinders on is even more obvious.

Yet you persist in lying.
And what does that second sentence even mean?

Back
Top Bottom