• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alison Grimes vs Mitch McConnell - man oh man, I can't wait for this campaign

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Alison Grimes Fires a Brilliant Warning Shot at Mitch McConnell

Poor Mitch was under the impression that he was safe, so he showed his ass for years and got wealthy doing so.

This is going to be one to watch.

“But that’s not happening in Washington today and Senator McConnell is the biggest part of the problem. He’s wasted decades blocking legislation that would have helped Kentucky and our country. And over the last few years he’s done it for the worst possible reason — out of spite.”

Oh. She went there.

“I don’t always agree with the president, but that doesn’t mean we can’t put the good of our people ahead of the bad that comes from acting petty and small.”

Petty and small, indeed. Nicely played, Ms Grimes. “Together we can change that next Tuesday July 30th.”

Here comes the power punch right to the gut, “Now this part’s for you Senator. Your campaign wants to play silly games about where I am and where I stand.”

Wait for it…. Okay, “Well I’m right here in Kentucky, Senator, where I’ll be holding you accountable for voting to double Medicare premiums on Kentucky seniors, including our retired coal miners, for being against requiring the Department of Defense to buy equipment that’s made in America first, for failing to stand up for women when you voted against the Paycheck Fairness Act, the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, and the Violence Against Women Act, and for opposing raising the minimum wage over and over again while you became a multimillionaire in public office.”

Republicans are lamenting today ..."why is there even one person supporting Anthony Weiner" .......right after they lined up like cows and elected Mark Sanford.

In the same way ...they'll talk about wanting term limits.....and then line up like cows and re-elect McConnell.

If McConnell lives another 100 years and runs for office ....I expect the same results ...because for all the talk about research and logic ....a republican enters the poll booth and only look for the "R" beside the candidate name.

Republicans are lamenting today ..."why is there even one person supporting Anthony Weiner" .......right after they lined up like cows and elected Mark Sanford.

In the same way ...they'll talk about wanting term limits.....and then line up like cows and re-elect McConnell.

If McConnell lives another 100 years and runs for office ....I expect the same results ...because for all the talk about research and logic ....a republican enters the poll booth and only look for the "R" beside the candidate name.

Speaking of - and I totally don't follow the logic -

The bid to turn the tables on the 'war on women' - The Maddow Blog

Republicans are hoping the latest picture of Anthony Weiner's genitals -- along with his confession this week that he continued his online sex chat habit well after he was first caught in 2011 -- will give momentum to their effort to throw the "war on women" attack line back in the Democrats' faces. [...]

With a flurry of public memos, tweets, and op-eds, the RNC is working to make the Democratic Party take ownership of Eliot Spitzer, who resigned the New York governorship after a prostitution scandal and is now running for city comptroller; San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, now facing allegations of sexual harassment; and Weiner, whose online sexual dalliances have driven the political news cycle all week, and given RNC communications director Sean Spicer some irresistible ammunition.

Oh good. I hope they DO open that dialog, so they can own what they've been doing to women since 2010.

Speaking of - and I totally don't follow the logic -

The bid to turn the tables on the 'war on women' - The Maddow Blog

Oh good. I hope they DO open that dialog, so they can own what they've been doing to women since 2010.

That's a debate democrats welcome any day. There has never been an issue the republican have been accused of....that they didn't turn around and say .....not only are they not guilty ...but it's actually you (the accuser) who's guilty of it.

Maybe you're young but for anybody who's paying attention that's an age old republican tactic....and it's no longer effective.

The right's double down on the abortion issues ...the remarks made almost monthly disparaging women (i.e. ..."legitimate rape" type of comments)....would make me put money down on the democrats successfully painting the republicans as hostile to women's issues.

I mean ...you guys can't help yourselves ....you lost an election and claim you wanted to recruit more black voters. Yet with the Travon Martin debacle ....just being quite would have worked in your favor. But no ....GM is a right wing folk-hero ...and they keep coming out saying TM is a thug...even when no one is asking.

And after that you're going hear ...why won't black-people ....vote for us?:roll:

That's a debate democrats welcome any day. There has never been an issue the republican have been accused of....that they didn't turn around and say .....not only are they not guilty ...but it's actually you (the accuser) who's guilty of it.

Maybe you're young but for anybody who's paying attention that's an age old republican tactic....and it's no longer effective.

The right's double down on the abortion issues ...the remarks made almost monthly disparaging women (i.e. ..."legitimate rape" type of comments)....would make me put money down on the democrats successfully painting the republicans as hostile to women's issues.

I mean ...you guys can't help yourselves ....you lost an election and claim you wanted to recruit more black voters. Yet with the Travon Martin debacle ....just being quite would have worked in your favor. But no ....GM is a right wing folk-hero ...and they keep coming out saying TM is a thug...even when no one is asking.

And after that you're going hear ...why won't black-people ....vote for us?:roll:

In my short-term memory, the whole thing where Romney told hundreds of lies over a 40 week period, and his supporters never even blinked? That's pretty much when I knew that nobody could get through to them.

The nice thing about being a Democrat is not having moral standards. You can have affairs,support late trimester abortions,whatever. Since you have no morals or character you can't be called a hypocrite.
As for McConnell,his problem could be in the primary. Obama's actions against coal will mean a loss for any national Democrat there.

The nice thing about being a Democrat is not having moral standards. You can have affairs,support late trimester abortions,whatever. Since you have no morals or character you can't be called a hypocrite.

The nice thing about being a Republican is not having moral standards. You can have affairs, support suspect and endless wars and killing,whatever. Since you have no morals or character you can't be called a hypocrite.

See what I did there?

The nice thing about being a Republican is not having moral standards. You can have affairs, support suspect and endless wars and killing,whatever. Since you have no morals or character you can't be called a hypocrite.

See what I did there?

Testy,testy. Only in your party's case it's true.

Back
Top Bottom