• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alison Grimes refuses to answer if she voted for Obama

Lotta right wing hate in that post.

Lotta right wing misogyny in that post.

Given that, I would caution against electing right wingers to positions of power.

of course, if elected they might tell people like you to pull your own weight and not demand others fund your existence

No MacIntyre works for RCP :doh
So why do you keep talking about Sabato in your posts about RCP and in your replies to my posts about RCP?

.....and oh at the bottom and underneath what you are talking about is what I have shown. Which runs counter to what you are saying. Even though it is there in print and even with all the polls to back it up. [...]
Gibberish, but I suspect that is the goal.... "at the bottom and underneath what I am talking about is what you have shown"?
confuse.gif
Can anybody translate that into English?

I hope she gets thrashed like a rented red headed stepchild mule. I am not the biggest fan of Mitch even if he looks like a turtle but she's another vacuous twit like the current president. and she's lying POS IMHO with her bs about being pro gun or pro coal

I know what you mean... kind of like a Sarah Palin with education and class.

what it makes her is a coward and most of the voters in KY i know (half of my former co workers and colleagues live in KY and hundreds of the shooting club I belong to as well) are assuming she voted for Obama. Probably not in the 08 primary since she was a Hilary delegate but certainly in the general election. and without a doubt in 2012.

so she is getting no benefit by her weasel act. She is assumed to be an obama supporter plus she is seen as a coward. she should have owned up to it and said she is disappointed that Obama has been so bad for Kentucky

I agree. It was really pretty stupid of her to double down on this issue. It makes her look like she lacks candor and is unable to stand for what she believes. It makes her look weak. I don't know what political advisor told her to do this, but (s)he should be fired immediately. It pretty much erased what little chance she had to win.

OTH, our buddy Mitch hardly shined in contrast. His weasel answer that he wants to get rid of the PPACA, but believes its ok for Kynect to continue is the ultimate in talking out of both sides of his mouth. It shows him to lack candor and demonstrates his inability to stand for what he believes. But, we all know the tie goes to the incumbent weasel, so his Gumby-like backbone won't hurt him.

Kentucky deserves this battle of political lightweights.... have some more bourbon.

Last edited:
So why do you keep talking about Sabato in your posts about RCP and in your replies to my posts about RCP?

Gibberish, but I suspect that is the goal.... "at the bottom and underneath what I am talking about is what you have shown"?
confuse.gif
Can anybody translate that into English?

Because most political insiders listen to Sabato when he is talking Elections.

Oh, and I already posted up what was with my link from RCP. Which those charts and all the polls, were Underneath your Chart Showing the Toss up. Mine were where all the information was and not at the top of the page. Where yours was. It wasn't to difficult to figure out. Its not like any of it can be hidden at my the link I provided.

[...] Oh, and I already posted up what was with my link from RCP. Which those charts and all the polls, were Underneath your Chart Showing the Toss up. Mine were where all the information was and not at the top of the page. Where yours was. It wasn't to difficult to figure out. Its not like any of it can be hidden at my the link I provided.
Based on your original claim, you had trouble figuring it out ;)

I think she's very brave in upholding the sanctity of the secret ballot in the face of bullies like McConnell.

And really... is that all he's got? :lamo

Brave is one thing but Grimes make the claim it's a constitutional right for privacy at the ballot box, for a secret ballot.

"Constitutionally, the right to cast a secret ballot is guaranteed in Kentucky, as she said. (It is not enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.) But nothing requires Kentuckians particularly or Americans broadly to stay mum on their choice in the ballot box.

If so, pollsters who routinely ask people who's getting or got their vote would be out of business and Twitter would be a hotbed of constitutional sedition.

The U.S. Constitution is supreme; state constitutions can expand on but not constrict universal American rights. Kentucky's constitution, for example, sets certain voting conditions, barring "idiots and insane persons" from casting ballots, thanks to an amendment ratified in 1955. It guarantees "all elections by the people shall be by secret official ballot, furnished by public authority to the voters at the polls, and marked by each voter in private at the polls."

Yet everyone's free to blab about it if they want, or free not to, including a secretary of state who is in the thick of the political fray, as a candidate in a race where the outcome may shape what Obama can do in the next two years. Moreover, she was a delegate for Obama at the Democratic National Convention in 2012."

Brave is one thing but Grimes make the claim it's a constitutional right for privacy at the ballot box, for a secret ballot.

"Constitutionally, the right to cast a secret ballot is guaranteed in Kentucky, as she said. (It is not enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.) But nothing requires Kentuckians particularly or Americans broadly to stay mum on their choice in the ballot box.

If so, pollsters who routinely ask people who's getting or got their vote would be out of business and Twitter would be a hotbed of constitutional sedition.

The U.S. Constitution is supreme; state constitutions can expand on but not constrict universal American rights. Kentucky's constitution, for example, sets certain voting conditions, barring "idiots and insane persons" from casting ballots, thanks to an amendment ratified in 1955. It guarantees "all elections by the people shall be by secret official ballot, furnished by public authority to the voters at the polls, and marked by each voter in private at the polls."

Yet everyone's free to blab about it if they want, or free not to, including a secretary of state who is in the thick of the political fray, as a candidate in a race where the outcome may shape what Obama can do in the next two years. Moreover, she was a delegate for Obama at the Democratic National Convention in 2012."

Yeah, its not like Alison Laughingstock Grimes was not an Official Obama Fluffer for the 2012 DNC. SO her taking this weasel way is really stupid. If she came out and said she did not vote for Obola after being his delegate-she would look like a complete idiot. By not saying who she voted for, she looks like a complete idiot.

so she should have just said OF COURSE I VOTED FOR OBAMA-I WAS A DELEGATE BUT---He has really sucked side then.

Brave is one thing but Grimes make the claim it's a constitutional right for privacy at the ballot box, for a secret ballot. "Constitutionally, the right to cast a secret ballot is guaranteed in Kentucky, as she said. [...] But nothing requires Kentuckians particularly or Americans broadly to stay mum on their choice in the ballot box. If so, pollsters who routinely ask people who's getting or got their vote would be out of business [...].

[...] Kentucky's constitution [...] guarantees "all elections by the people shall be by secret official ballot, furnished by public authority to the voters at the polls, and marked by each voter in private at the polls." Yet everyone's free to blab about it if they want, or free not to, including a secretary of state who is in the thick of the political fray, as a candidate in a race where the outcome may shape what Obama can do in the next two years. [...]
You nor McConnell are going to earn my respect by trying to bully others to surrender their state or federal constitutional right to privacy, and particularly bullying a woman.

As to your pollster strawman, do they record the names of the people who answer their voting question? If so, do they publish those names and votes?

By the way, almost your entire post was plagiarized from an AP story: FACT CHECK: Odd Take on Constitution in Ky Debate - ABC News . . . shame on you.

You nor McConnell are going to earn my respect by trying to bully others to surrender their state or federal constitutional right to privacy, and particularly bullying a woman.

As to your pollster strawman, do they record the names of the people who answer their voting question? If so, do they publish those names and votes?

By the way, almost your entire post was plagiarized from an AP story: FACT CHECK: Odd Take on Constitution in Ky Debate - ABC News . . . shame on you.

Citizens certainly have the right to a secret ballot but a candidate for public office should be prepared to answer whether she voted for a POTUS of her own party.:lamo

You aren't running for Public Office and you haven't flooded the TV stations of KY, Tenn, and Ohio with claims you aren't going to be Obama's bend over bitch.

she has and thus its a righteous question. and the fact that the Alison lightweight Grimes refused to answer an easy question like that (duh she was an official Obama fluffer in 2012) proves that vacant vixen isn't ready to be in the senate

You aren't running for Public Office and you haven't flooded the TV stations of KY, Tenn, and Ohio with claims you aren't going to be Obama's bend over bitch.

she has and thus its a righteous question. and the fact that the Alison lightweight Grimes refused to answer an easy question like that (duh she was an official Obama fluffer in 2012) proves that vacant vixen isn't ready to be in the senate
Another conservative post filled with anger and hatred. Anyone see a trend?

cut the drama and hysterics. You are projecting onto my post.

speaking of anger and hatred-lets start with your avatar:mrgreen:

No one bullied Grimes, besides she is on record as a delegate to HRC in '08, let's guess whom Grimes placed her nominee vote.

Grimes was then a delegate to the '12 convention that nominated Obama, ponder this -- does Grimes seriously think anyone believes she didn’t vote for him in November and back in Nov '08

Any person putting themselves in the public arena, should know their votes count and be prepared to answer any questions.

You may notice nearly my entire post was in "quotation marks" indicating those were not my words... shame on you for not noticing. My bad forgetting to leave the link -- however other members were highly capable of figuring it out why couldn't you.

No one bullied Grimes, besides she is on record as a delegate to HRC in '08, let's guess whom Grimes placed her nominee vote.

Grimes was then a delegate to the '12 convention that nominated Obama, ponder this -- does Grimes seriously think anyone believes she didn’t vote for him in November and back in Nov '08

Any person putting themselves in the public arena, should know their votes count and be prepared to answer any questions.

You may notice nearly my entire post was in "quotation marks" indicating those were not my words... shame on you for not noticing. My bad forgetting to leave the link -- however other members were highly capable of figuring it out why couldn't you.

She's a lying bucket o' slime. She only made herself look like an evasive little weasel

On meet the press today, one talking head noted that they couldn't get Alison Laughingstock Grimes to answer if she voted for Obama with the "Jaws of Life" :mrgreen:

She's a lying bucket o' slime. She only made herself look like an evasive little weasel
Yet another hate-filled post from the right. Trend, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom