• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Aliens might be friendly — but don’t bet on it: expert’s dire warning

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Sure, they’re out there, but should we be looking?

Michio Kaku, a professor of theoretical physics at City College of New York and all-around pop-science icon, has issued a warning about extraterrestrials — and efforts to seek them out.

I think that’s a terrible idea,” the 74-year-old astrophysicist said.
==================================================================
We have no way of predicting anything about a future encounter with an alien culture. I reference Montezuma as an example of what happened when the Spanish invaded South & Central America. Also watch the Twilight Zone episode 'To serve man'.

Stephen Hawking said something similar.

i agree. if an alien species can actually make it here across almost unimaginable distances, they are exponentially more technologically advanced than we are. as Perry Farrell sang, "We'll make great pets."

Well, if we are to believe ancient holy writings, that often allude to possible extra-terrestrial contact, I seem to remember things didn't turn out to well.

Amen to that. Think I've said this paradox before but "Wouldn't it be simply amazing if we truly found out that we were not the only somewhat intelligent species in the galaxy and wouldn't it be simply amazing if we found out that we were totally alone in the galaxy?"

Personally, I think/hope that any species who could outwit the speed of light would have to be extremely intelligent and would have to work and collaborate with each other well and probably would not be a cruel and violent species....or else they would have killed each other a long time ago.

Last edited:
I find the whole subject silly at this point in time. People can believe what they wish, I tend to believe the militaries around the world. What type of force can fly over not only our nuclear missiles but russian missiles too and turn them off? Is everyone who has claimed to have seen a ufo crazy? I tend to think not. If these civilizations wanted to hurt us, we would have been toast decades ago. As far as coming here for our resources, why would they? There are plenty of resources in the universe where they wouldn't have to destroy a civilization.

Well, if we are to believe ancient holy writings, that often allude to possible extra-terrestrial contact, I seem to remember things didn't turn out to well.

That Paul Robeson hymn 'Ezekiel Saw Da Wheel'. I think this might be the first written record of a UFO close encounter of the third kind: upfront & personal. Their God drives a UFO.

What type of force can fly over not only our nuclear missiles but russian missiles too and turn them off?

Huh?

Is everyone who has claimed to have seen a ufo crazy?

People often see things and attribute them to something that's wrong.

Military experiments have often been mistaken for UFOs too.

Lots of fake videos had been created as well.

I am concerned about this too, but from the point of view that Bill Pullman is getting rather old. Before, it mattered little how hostile or advanced the alien species was; when push came to shove, I knew Bill Pullman would be there to do what was necessary to guarantee our freedom. As the years go by, so do our odds to persevere. We need a new Bill Pullman.

Huh?

People often see things and attribute them to something that's wrong.

Military experiments have often been mistaken for UFOs too.

Lots of fake videos had been created as well.
Before you dismiss this completely, look up the 'tic tac' video and take notice of where it comes from.

That Paul Robeson hymn 'Ezekiel Saw Da Wheel'. I think this might be the first written record of a UFO close encounter of the third kind: upfront & personal. Their God drives a UFO.
It would not surprise me to find out we are nothing more than an experiment created by some alien intelligence. There are a ton of ancient drawings that depict things that sure look they are in the sky flying or hovering. Most civilizations around the world depict them.

It would not surprise me to find out we are nothing more than an experiment created by some alien intelligence. There are a ton of ancient drawings that depict things that sure look they are in the sky flying or hovering. Most civilizations around the world depict them.

I agree with you even what I'm not stoned.

One other thing. The problem in finding another species is Time. The universe is very young, in the sense that this reality/universe is going to be around many times the 14 billion years. Imagine an species developing in 14 billion X 100 years. Quite logical and possible.
Also, imagine the human race is invited to a huge party, we get there and find out that we're the only ones there...except for the host. We look around and say "Where in the heck is everybody else? The host kindly says: "Ah...they're not here yet"

One other thing. The problem in finding another species is Time. The universe is very young, in the sense that this reality/universe is going to be around many times the 14 billion years. Imagine an species developing in 14 billion X 100 years. Quite logical and possible.
Also, imagine the human race is invited to a huge party, we get there and find out that we're the only ones there...except for the host. We look around and say "Where in the heck is everybody else? The host kindly says: "Ah...they're not here yet"

I'll believe in God when she lands her UFO in the Sheep Meadow in Central Park. & starts taking names.

If she does happen to exist, could you get her to come and do something about Fux News?

I'll try to put in a good word on that when I'm giving her my name.

Sure, they’re out there, but should we be looking?

Michio Kaku, a professor of theoretical physics at City College of New York and all-around pop-science icon, has issued a warning about extraterrestrials — and efforts to seek them out.

I think that’s a terrible idea,” the 74-year-old astrophysicist said.
==================================================================
We have no way of predicting anything about a future encounter with an alien culture. I reference Montezuma as an example of what happened when the Spanish invaded South & Central America. Also watch the Twilight Zone episode 'To serve man'.

I had to laugh, who is an "expert" on theoretical alien life?

I have warned since the 80's to not be so keen to find other advanced life forms. I know of no species on earth that does not victimize less developed species.
Heck even the universe itself works that way.

I was glad when I finally heard someone from the scientific community counter the widely held belief that a super life form would be benevolent, Stephen Hawking.

I always marvel at how stupid MOST smart people are.

I have warned since the 80's to not be so keen to find other advanced life forms. I know of no species on earth that does not victimize less developed species.

I was glad when I finally heard someone from the scientific community counter the widely held belief that a super life form would be benevolent, Stephen Hawking.

In order to reach us, aliens must have technology that completely outstrips our own. And so we can expect them to be benevolent? They may look at us as mold on a basement wall, something to be cleaned up or eradicated.

8a-dalek-full.jpg

I mean, it's NYPost.

The guy is actually a theoretical physicist, and from the article it sounds like The Guardian interviewed him about his book re: unifying quantum mechanics and general relativity, and the interviewer decided to ask him about aliens.

He's not putting himself out as an expert on aliens though.....

At any rate, I've always thought he is right. Too many bad options. Virus/bacteria/parasite/fungs or other thing we have no word for resembling them wiping us out inadvertantly. An advanced militaristic species, where their version of Nazis won the war. Or maybe we'd just become known as a bunch of backward rubes and used by the alien rich kids for hijinks. Maybe that's what all the butt stuff is about.

Either way, it's a massive risk. And you know, if they turn out to be good, that itself might be a disaster: we aren't entirely good, and I can guarantee you that any number of humans would be looking to use advanced technology for their own power. We could easily wipe ourselves out with stuff we were given/taught in good faith.

I'm not an 'expert' on alien life but I bet it will surprise many when we do find them or they seek us out. I am only critical of those who see life only involving carbon, oxygen & water. That's the way life began on this planet so it's what we're familiar with. But life may very well have started on other planets depending on their atmosphere, climate, etc. I would not be surprised at life forms based on liquid ammonia floating in a sea of liquid methane. Will we recognize them?

I'd like to think I'm more good than bad, thank you very much...

Oh, I have found many, virtually all who think they are good, at least in some way.

We are a species of dolts who don't even understand why we do what we do so why not label oneself virtuous? At least occasionally.

Objectively, understanding what truly motives any action we take, I doubt a "good" person walks among us.

Peace

Before you dismiss this completely, look up the 'tic tac' video and take notice of where it comes from.

Yeah, and as usual, there could be explanations other than THE ONE. From unidentified weather phenomenon to Russian/Chinese advanced military projects (or a highly classified US one) and a lot in between.

I don't completely dismiss the "alien" explanation - it's ALSO a possibility. But from what we know about life, even if UFOs are real, it does not mean aliens think of us highly (would you if you have been observing this planet and our species?). At best, they might be monitoring us to make sure we don't develop technology that might start being threatening to them or playing with us like some kids play with ants before they pull out the magnifying glass in the sun.

I certainly have not seen any greetings of 'hey, wonderful new species! let us help you with your problems and make life better for you'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom