• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ali Was A Jerk

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
In the movie The Karate Kid in the beach scene Ali was being a jerk when she wouldn't cooperate when Johnny wanted to talk. All Johnny wanted was to talk. Then to make matters worse Daniel had to stick his nose where it didn't belong and as a result he gets the heck beaten out of him by Johnny but the point is Ali was a jerk because she wouldn't cooperate when all Johnny wanted was to talk. She's a jerk for not cooperating.

My entire worldview has been flipped upside down.

OP is obnoxiously wrong.

However this does bring up an opportunity if you’ve never seen this video, give it a watch.

Provides an interesting perspective on the karate kid.

Daniel LaRusso clearly broke the rules of the tournament by kicking Johnny in the face. Should have been an immediate disqualification.

Daniel LaRusso clearly broke the rules of the tournament by kicking Johnny in the face. Should have been an immediate disqualification.

Depends on the rules of the tournament. Some tournaments do allow face contact. And even if it didn't, by the same token Johnny would've been disqualified for deliberate contact to the knee.

But the point is, Ali was a jerk for not cooperating when Johnny wanted to talk.

Last edited:
Depends on the rules of the tournament. Some tournaments do allow face contact. And even if it didn't, by the same token Johnny would've been disqualified for deliberate contact to the knee.

But the point is, Ali was a jerk for not cooperating when Johnny wanted to talk.

Johnny should respect Ali’s wishes to be left alone.

Ali is under no obligation to talk to Johnny.

So, now that we’ve stated the blatantly obvious from a 80’s film that has pretty much lost all its meaning the filmmakers intended because of poor creative choices, do you have a point you’re trying to make?

I guess he couldnt help it since that idiot walked right into his range.

Johnny should respect Ali’s wishes to be left alone.

Ali is under no obligation to talk to Johnny.

So, now that we’ve stated the blatantly obvious from a 80’s film that has pretty much lost all its meaning the filmmakers intended because of poor creative choices, do you have a point you’re trying to make?

Poor creative choices? A film that lost its meaning? The film has become a cult classic and was successful enough to spawn two sequels, (three if you want to count the one that didn't have Daniel) and an animated series, as well as action figures, head bands, posters, a video game, and has also spawned a Youtube Red series Cobra Kai and which grossed $90.8 million at the box office and has become one of the defining movies of the 80s I wouldn't exactly call it a flop or a movie that has lost its meaning or a movie with poor creative choices. You might call it that but you would be in the vast minority.

And the point Im trying to make is this. Ali should've cooperated. All Johnny was asking for was to talk. He was asking for so little. And if somebody wants to talk I don't see what the big deal is about talking with them. The Karate Kid is just one example of that. It was an example I used because just about everybody is familiar with the movie The Karate Kid and it has that scene that I can use to make my point.

OP is obnoxiously wrong.

However this does bring up an opportunity if you’ve never seen this video, give it a watch.

Provides an interesting perspective on the karate kid.

"The next day, Danial trips while playing sportball."

:lamo

Poor creative choices? A film that lost its meaning? The film has become a cult classic and was successful enough to spawn two sequels, (three if you want to count the one that didn't have Daniel) and an animated series, as well as action figures, head bands, posters, a video game, and has also spawned a Youtube Red series Cobra Kai and which grossed $90.8 million at the box office and has become one of the defining movies of the 80s I wouldn't exactly call it a flop or a movie that has lost its meaning or a movie with poor creative choices. You might call it that but you would be in the vast minority.

And the point Im trying to make is this. Ali should've cooperated. All Johnny was asking for was to talk. He was asking for so little. And if somebody wants to talk I don't see what the big deal is about talking with them. The Karate Kid is just one example of that. It was an example I used because just about everybody is familiar with the movie The Karate Kid and it has that scene that I can use to make my point.

The meaning that Daniel was hard done to and that he was the good guy, when you break it down, he wasn’t.

So what’s your point in the last bit?

That if a girl wants to be left alone, that’s an unreasonable request?

perhaps more disturbing, Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds was a straight up rapist.

So what’s your point in the last bit?

That if a girl wants to be left alone, that’s an unreasonable request?

No its not an unreasonable request but its also not an unreasonable request for a guy to want to talk. If she wants to be left alone than she can be left alone after she talks. As I said, a guy who only wants to talk is asking for so little.

No its not an unreasonable request but its also not an unreasonable request for a guy to want to talk. If she wants to be left alone than she can be left alone after she talks. As I said, a guy who only wants to talk is asking for so little.

Why are you so obsessed over something a girl did in an 80’s movie?

You might like this...

I watched the first season with a good bit of trepidation. I didn’t want another childhood experience to be trashed. But I really enjoyed the way it was done. Lots of fun.

It looks like Jetboogieman has left the building.

In the movie The Karate Kid in the beach scene Ali was being a jerk when she wouldn't cooperate when Johnny wanted to talk. All Johnny wanted was to talk. Then to make matters worse Daniel had to stick his nose where it didn't belong and as a result he gets the heck beaten out of him by Johnny but the point is Ali was a jerk because she wouldn't cooperate when all Johnny wanted was to talk. She's a jerk for not cooperating.

Fictional kids will be fictional kids.....

I watched the first season with a good bit of trepidation. I didn’t want another childhood experience to be trashed. But I really enjoyed the way it was done. Lots of fun.

It was definitely done well.

But you do find some situations that are exactly like the ones in fictional movies, in real life. That was the point.

True, but the one in question did not go down the way that you portrayed it. Perhaps if one gets stoned they can make it like that, still not the intended scenario though. Johnny was being an asshole and Danial the hero. What Johnny was doing was not listening to the girl and continued with unwanted advances. The actor played the kid as an self absorbed asshole, his only obvious goal was to bed the girl. He did not give one care about her personally. It was by no means acceptable behavior and I would hope that most people should see that.

Back
Top Bottom